Notices

I now understand...

Old 02-12-2005, 06:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

I now understand...

Hi,

I am 12 days clean today. I have felt very bad all day, really anxious. I have been going to meetings everyday but missed the last 2 days b/c I had the flu. I got ready to go to the meeting 3 hours early and tried everything to fill the time. I walked my dog, breathed, and read the NA book, which only made me feel more anxious. I went to the meeting with little expectations b/c I have been to a couple I really didnt feel comfortable in so far. The meeting was on sponsership which I really needed to hear people talk about. When I got there it was all guys and I was the only girl which happens to me a lot. I met a guy and told him about my frustrations with other women I had met so far in the program. Surely enough a few women came in a little late one at a time. At the end of the meeting the guy I had met introduced me to one of the girls and I ended up meeting them all and they were all great. There were three and for the first time I can see myself being able to call them and relate. I still dont have a sponcer, but I feel much better. It has only been 12 days for me but ever since I have done this, the right people keep coming into my life at the right time. I finally know what they mean about when you are feeling bad, get to a meeting. The meeting today saved me.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post!

(((((((want 2)))))))
Old 02-13-2005, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cj.
Mending

(((((want2B)))))

Thanks for your wonderful words of hope! Keep your eyes on the prize!! It does get better.

Peace
cj
Old 02-13-2005, 05:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

I'm glad you went. It's amazing how much better you feel after isn't it? Just keep going, and you will get a sponsor. Make sure you get phone numbers of people to call for the rough moments. :heart:
Old 02-13-2005, 08:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I got lots of them

The meetings will get better, I promise.

I went unnoticed for a week at meetings and was very hurt because of it. I ended up going in without any expectations like you did and it felt a bit better. I also started praying early on and found my Higher Power's help right away which was such a blessing.

Just keep going, you'll find your place. You don't have to find a sponsor right away if you haven't seen anyone fitting. Perhaps ask one of the nice males to be a temporary sponsor until you find a female one that jives with you?

~J