Elder's Meditation Feb. 12

Old 02-12-2005, 02:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Elder's Meditation Feb. 12

".the spirit still has something for us to discover-an herb, a sprig, a flower-a very small flower, maybe you can spend a long time in its contemplation, thinking about it."
--Lame Deer, LAKOTA

The world today is about hurry up! get there faster! Work harder, produce more, hurry up, eat quickly, be on time, don't get stressed- headaches, conflict, drink to calm down, go to training on stress management, time management-STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! Go spend 5 minutes with a flower or a plant. Look at it-think about it-look at its beauty, smell it, close your eyes and smell it again. Touch it; touch with your eyes closed. Listen to it; listen to it with your eyed closed. Slow your mind down. Think about the little things. Now close your eyes and pray.

Great Spirit, this feeling of calmness that I have, let me have it all day long.

Old 02-12-2005, 02:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Some days, I'd sell my soul for calmness. Maybe the answer is to just slow it down and rest for a while. Thank you for making me stop and think, Doug.

Hugs
Ann
Old 02-12-2005, 11:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that's so true...

I've done that many a time and I don't know why I did so but now I know I am trying to slow myself down...I feel bad cause people look at me funny when I do that i sit there and contemplate and sometimes people think I am sad but no, I am just trying to get myself together instead of feeling like I am a shattered vessel & pieces of myself everywhere. Thank you for clarifying this for me.