Todays Thought - Support

Old 02-09-2005, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Todays Thought - Support

Today's thought is:

Support

The best thing we do in life is when we do good to others and get nothing in return for the good will be waiting for us in the end.
--Mama D.

At times, our need to support loved ones in their career decisions should outweigh our concerns about day-to-day life; we need to look at the bigger picture and appreciate where each of us is on our journey.

Mary had landed her dream job as a flight attendant on a charter airline that required her to travel internationally for weeks at a time. Although she had major responsibilities at home -- three children under the age of seven, three dogs, and a husband who worked full-time and was leaving a higher paying job in a law firm -- she knew that if she didn't take the job, she wouldn't be following her heart. Though extremely leery of becoming a single parent for extended periods, Mary's husband, Bill, agreed to the transition. He realized it would be difficult but also knew that if he did not support Mary and her dreams, their relationship might suffer in other ways. After six weeks of training and two months of travel, Mary decided that spending so much time away from her family was less than desirable. She quit her job on her own terms not Bill's and therefore left feeling good about her decision. Mary trusted her feelings about her choices; Bill trusted the process.

Just for today, I will know that I cannot hold others back without causing damage. I will trust that when I give my support freely, the outcome will be in everyone's highest good.

You are reading from the book:

Igniting the Spirit at Work by Marilyn Mason
Old 02-09-2005, 10:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Good post there buddy.

We all like to be in control don't we?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I thought I was in control and found out I was trying to be a back seat driver for God But he is a much better driver than I am.