Notices

Sponsor problem

Old 02-07-2005, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Findin' my way

Sponsor problem

Well sh!t, I'm having an issue with my sponssor, and I'm trying to get ready to speak with him about it again. I tried last night, but it wasn't in the best setting, and he didn't seem to be hearing a damn word I said. Unfortunately, it's a non-recovery related issue. He seems to be acting out on his addiction due to a biz opportunity that I introduced him to, but he took it too far. I just tried to show him a product that he may be interested in implementing in his business, but now he seems to be trying to walk into my cousin's new company and just take charge. He's already setting up meetings with other businesses etc. without their knowledge and seems to expect a partial ownership role in this company. My effort to talk to him last night didn't go over very well, and he seemed to just ignore what I was trying to say, and I was so stunned by some things he said that I was just left standing with my jaw dropped and a look of "what the fawk?"

So, I've promised my cousin (the owner of the biz in question) that I would straighten this mess out sinceI introduced this element to the mix, but my confrontation skills generally aren't the smoothest and most subtle, and usually end in a pretty angy explosion. I sure as hell didn't want a rift to develope between my sponsor and myself, especially not over a fricking business venture. But, I can'tjust stand by and let him take advantage of my family (especially when that family member is giving me a job when I'm down on my luck). I can't believe this situation has developed at all.

Of course, he also offers up some great business connections that would help this venture out, but even though my cousin recognizes that, he and his partner have no intension of giving up a "big bite of the pie" to someone who just waltzes in and expects it when they've worked their azzes off on this project.

So, here I sit, getting prepared to go meet him and do my best to set the record straight. Either he's going to see things clearly as I try my best to explain, or he's going to make an attempt to walk over me and have it his way, which will really end badly, because that will surely bring out the temper that I have worked so hard to control for several months. At best, this will end with everyone coming to an understanding that is agreeable (and I really hope it just easily works out this way), at worst, I'll lose it and end up with an assault charge and no sponsor.

I hate that I'm even having this dilemma. I wouldn't hAVe gone to him for sponsorship had I not trusted him, but this is just unnecessary. I really wish my communication/confrontation skills were a little better developed before I roll into a situation like this.

Sorry to vent, just had to get it off my chest. Certainly couldn't share that in a meeting here, and it has been eating at me like a rapidly spreading cancer for a week or so, and afternot even coming close to getting through last night, I see that it has to be straightened out right now, before tonight's 8 PM meeting preferably.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

That's a really tough situation. I think all you can do is just be honest. Let us know what happens.

I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

Dose your sponsor have a sponsor ?
It's all recovery related.
Living on life's terms without the us of drugs.
It's all about relationships.
it's all about daring to care and love
It all about respect of others and their boundaries
It all about growth

If you sponsor had worked his steps
I would imagine he would understand being powerless over peaple
places and things. He would also have an understanding of acceptence.

I had to learn how to deal the similar issues. It was a great learnding
experinces.lol Something inside of me told me it wasn't quit right.
My sponsor is suppost to help me thur my problems.
I had to fired 1 one of them and I had learn to stay away from certain
people that would talk a good program but wiht alteritive motives.
Old timmers was a better source of help for me. Sometimes they
step in into my life or a situation to save my ass if you know what I mean.
Working with my sponor and OTHERS.lol
Old 02-07-2005, 12:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I would like to reckomend that you think about steps 1-3 in this situation. I can't, He can, I think I will let Him.....

Anything that you put your HP in the middle of is going to turn out better than if you don't.... Learn to work the steps in all aspects of your life....

And good for you trying to work things out....
Old 02-07-2005, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good point Splendra

There are good reasons to keep the relationship of sponsor amd sponsee boundaried.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Self-centeredness is the core of our disease . which means that our disease is under arrest , but it does come up for parole . And sometime on a daily basis, old behavior isn't old when a person continues to repeat it if you know what I mean. But sometimes we get selective thinking and forget that the toes we step on going up are connected to the a-- that we will have to kiss on the way down . So please don't forget to allow your HP to step in , But don't you forget to plant your seed , and or food for thought and God will do the rest. When you don't take a stand for something ,then my dear you are bound to fall for anything . don't !!!!! and if by chance there has been a misunderstanding than get out of the problem into the solution . practice some spiritual principles you can disagree without being disagreeable . ask God to help you to focus on principles and not personalities . to use an opportunity for an bus :na2 business venture is one thing , but to take advantage of one is totally different . Everyone is not meant to be a business partner sweetie. Keep Comin Back ! just for today you are being restored to some type of Sanity . allow yourself to Grow thru your Go thru Beloved .