A little help!

Old 02-02-2005, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little help!

Hey, Fletch here starting a life without booze. Im just starting today. Anyone out there have any advice? it would be much appreciated! Thanx...Peace
Old 02-02-2005, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Fletch, Welcome to SR. Without knowing how much or how long you drank, I'll advise as if it were a long time. First off, it is best to see a doctor. #1 this will make sure there isn't something physicaly that needs to be taken care of. #2, Your body and mind will be going through a chemical change. This withdrawal can be eased by a doctor. There are many options available these days for recovery and he can help you decide which is best. However, you must be up front and honest so he can help you. #3, Don't drink no matter what. Post here and find a support group. I belong to AA but, there are others you can check out. I would suggest you go to something while you decide. We are here to help and encpourage each other but, you must do the work. Be ready, it gets a little crazy starting out. However it will get better, but only if you don't drink. The thing is not to give up. Just like everything else from riding a bike to reading takes practice. Even if you did drink, many of us have had relapses. The key is to use these mistakes if you have them to learn, not beat yourself.
Also, there is more than just not drinking. Myself and others have had to make difficult changes. Some of these being keeping ourselves away from temtation. I suggest you stay away from bars and friends that drink at the start. Staying sober is no accident it takes action. Don W
Old 02-02-2005, 06:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fletch
Hey, Fletch here starting a life without booze. Im just starting today. Anyone out there have any advice? it would be much appreciated! Thanx...Peace
Welcome Fletch! we allready have something in common .. I started just for today on Feb 2nd. Then Feb 3rd I followed up my 1st day clean by doing the same thing.. The best advice I can offer is to take each day as it comes, go to meetings, and don't pick up the first one. that advice that someone else gave me has been working a day a time now for 14 years today!

Happy First straight Groundhawgs day brother!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Fletch,

What they said ^^^^^ Routing for you.

Best wishes
Evanna.