nephew cut wrist....

Old 01-30-2005, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

nephew cut wrist....

my nephew and i always had one thing in common, our drug usuage! he always told me how glad he could talk me about everything. he is such a good young man and i love him with all my heart. well since i am on the road to recovery and quit the pills and stuff he said to every one that i am just lying and me and him have argued about him stealing his mom's pills, she goes to a pain clinic(my sister). i seen how her and her husband is enabling him and he is going to die if he doesn't stop. last night he cut both wrist and almsot died this time was worse than ever before! he has tried before, he is screaming for help. how can i help??????? i love him so much but can't be his drug buddy and now he won't talk to me. they put him in a mental hospital and is calling his mom begging to come home. he said last night that he was going to blow his head off when he got home. he has went through a lot in his life and watched his best friend DIE right in front of him in the water at the damn wherre they were fishing(long story) but he hates life and is constantly using to surivive and i have totaly understood that and am working on myself and have begged him to go to meetings with me. I am 40 and he is only 25 and has so much to offer in this life and pain pills and chrystal meth and GOd knows what else has over come him and he wants to DIE. it hurts my heart. any advice is appreciated. i know my recovery is #1. i have to stay sober to be any good to anyone. i have always been ms. fix it which lead me to using to be a super person..which boy i learned the hard way. we are just human and powerless over most things and God is the one in control! Dot keep him in your prayers... he is the sweetest boy. i couldn't bear him taking his life. and last night GOd gave him another chance. he had to have abotut 14 stitches outside and 5 inside on both wrist
Old 01-30-2005, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Oh wow

I a so sorry to hear that.I will keep you both in my prayers..Bless<trish
Old 01-30-2005, 02:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Polkadot,
It sounds like there is a lot of pain inside your nephew's heart.
I will light a candle for him and keep him in my prayers.
Hugs,
Gabe
Old 01-30-2005, 02:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Dot,

u got my prayers coming . Keep him locked up till he gets some of the drugs out of his system. Shame, he can't stay in ther for 6 months. We use as a way to escape our pain. It's kind of a merry go round effect. I never knew if, the pain was from the drugs or I did the drugs because of my pain. I lost my best friend of a heart attack at 24. I know in my heart he wouldn't want me to die. Tell your nephew that. Ask him what his friend would want for him to do. He needs to carry his friends love in his heart. Tht's how he can keep him alive.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I too will send prayers for your nephew, and hope that this desperate call for help will be answered by those who can help him best. Perhaps they will keep him for a while and recommend rehab. If so, this may be a blessing in disguise.

Hugs
Ann
Old 01-30-2005, 03:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Polkadot,

I will send prayers for your nephew and for you and your family.

Love, Anna
Old 01-30-2005, 03:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Old 01-30-2005, 03:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

Prayers To You And Yours....................
Old 01-30-2005, 03:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

I am sorry you are going through this. I will say a prayer also for you and your family
Old 01-30-2005, 04:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thank you

I just talked with him and he sounds okay,saying all the right things trying to get out, i am sure. he told me he loved me and we sat and cried. i am going to read your all post to hm, he will appreciate them i know. he thinks me and him are the only ones with this problem...i told him anyone can get this no respect of person. i told him to ask about medicine like sub??? or methadone or something to make him better or cope better anyway. i just don't want him to die! i wanted to hug him so bad....i left a message for him to call me back and i am waiting now... he said they took his blood pressure and since its okay they won't give him nothing. (like for withdrawels) he said they gave him 1 ativan this a.m. and one before i talked to him. I don't wanting him taking methadone but if thatkeeps him from killing hisself or oding on oxycotin and chrystal meth. than i am for it. I hope i didn't tell him wrong about asking about methadone. i am so scared for him.... thank you all so much!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by polkadot; 01-30-2005 at 04:15 PM. Reason: words editing
Old 01-30-2005, 05:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Grateful For His Love...

God Bless you and your nephew...my daughter tried to kill herself twice,she is an addict. I know in my heart that my faith in God brought us both through those difficult days. She is now strong in her relationship with the Lord. Greater is he that is in me, than he that is in the world. You are fighting a spiritual battle. remember...all things are possible through Christ which strengthens me. Declare your Victory now,tell the devil he is a liar,trust god, take authority in the name of jesus over this matter. pray, read the bible daily...it worked for us...Praise God and to him all the glory... I told my daughter that there were two things she could always count on, no matter what forever and ever...My love for her and Gods love for her and that we would both always be there for her and she was so precious and so loved and that the power of that love was greater than any challenge we had to face. Together We Do Recover...
Old 01-30-2005, 06:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thank you so much, i just read it to my sister and she and i are squawling and going to have prayer. I want to help so bad. we just lost a sister and everything is so rough. But thank God with him we make it through..we can conquer anything. Thank you for all you good advice.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Not old enough...

Can we help?

I've been in recovery since 1990. I've also worked in the mental health industry for about that long. It's really sad to see young addicts in so much pain... the best we can do is to be a shining light and let them know that there is a way of life of peace, love and joy, and that life is without drugs.
They say some people get to recovery by "moving away from the heat" others, "by moving toward the light.
I never responded to the "heat", the pain, the trouble, despair. I just got a very small taste of "serenity" and that's what it took for me to "move toward the light". I had been in so much trouble; jail, illness, loss of belongings and relationships. But none of that mattered at the time: the only thing that mattered to me was gettin' my stuff.
But I met this old man who had this wonderful energy, this "shining light" about him, and I vowed I wanted to be like him, to somehow get what he had. At the time, I didn't like the idea of God, wouldn't say the serenity prayer. (I had grown up in a very "negative" fire and brimstone church atmosphere) But after meeting "claude" (who later became my first sponsor) I thought I will try anything if I could just have a small portion of the peace in his life. And ever since, all I have to do is take care of my soul, my spirituality, and trust and know that God is in control (not me!) and everything happens exactly like it is supposed to.
Choose peace in everything that you do. My prayers are with you and your family.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

ditto to the above. I had my son hospitalized twice, yes he was mad, yes he hated me for it....but I would rather have him mad at me and alive. I hope they will keep him longer and treat both problems...the drugs and the suicidal attempts and ideations.
Many prayers and hugs,
live
Old 05-03-2005, 03:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

you need to continue being supportive. you need to let him know you'll always be there for him and that things can work out. try to not let him be alone as much as possible, and make sure if he does hurt himself that you and he knows how to take care of it. never be afraid to contact someone about his condition! the police, the hospital, etc. he needs your help right now. please check out these sites

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/
http://crystal.palace.net/~llama/selfinjury/