Outside the boundaries

Old 01-08-2005, 04:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Outside the boundaries

Many of the limitations you perceive are not really limitations at all. They're merely boundaries that you've placed around yourself.
Imagine for a moment what could be beyond those boundaries. Imagine what would happen if many of the things you see as limitations were no longer there to stop you.

Yes, life can be very comfortable inside the self-erected walls of your boundaries. It can be so comfortable you forget that you can go beyond those boundaries.

Think of something you consider to be a limitation, then ask yourself this question. How much of that limitation is really a boundary created for your own comfort and convenience?

The boundaries that you create, you can choose to transcend, and when you do, you'll make a powerful discovery. You'll find a whole new world of positive and valuable possibilities outside those boundaries.

Think about how you might be holding yourself back by the boundaries you've created. Then take a step outside them, and see how very far you can go.

Old 01-08-2005, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Doug,

Thanks so much for this reflection. I am always one who makes too many unhealthy limitations on myself. Part of my recovery is to learn how to safetly explore other possibilities.

Thanks!

ChrisMan