drug addicted husband

Old 12-23-2004, 09:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Coral814

drug addicted husband

Husband has relapsed now 18 months doing crack he is in drug court , probation and still doing crack he can't go 4 days without it, he calls in every day and they ask for his color for **** test, but this drug court isn't helping either... he cons them and we were suppose to go away for Xmas. of course he didn't show up, he never shows up, he calls and means to come home than the monkey hits and he won't be home for days now, why doesen't somebody with this drug court give him medication this man is insane , the pain of living with him is to much to bear , the lies, the cheating, the conning, he has a company to loose he don't let it stop in his way of crack, we had a grandbaby born he's on crack , grandbaby isn't important, he won't be home and it's Christmas he don't care, I have thrown him out so many times and he pleads I am a drug addict not a ***** dog, he hangs around women like him he does drugs with these women he says he wants to be around his own kind.says I'm trying I don't see where he is trying,at all, he knew he had xmas off he calls me at 7pm to tell me I'm on my way home but he never makes it, can't never plan anything it's so painful to live like this, Should I throw him out for good? I try to listen to God and my vows yet this is insane, I can't keep living like this he has put our company into severe debt and than works 3 days to bring it back than binges 4 days and this has gone on for 18 months now, all I can do is Baker Act him, but they let him out in 72 hours, he won't go into a long term program and I just need to know this drug court is is going to help? Do they understand these drug courts that this man is not a social drug user he has been on drugs for 20 years he is 46 years old and was drug free 5 years and relasped 18 months ago, I could have been the one having the baby and he would not have been there for me, My father died and he was on a 5 day binge, I had to bury him without the support of a husband, where do we draw the line here, When do I give up someone please help me.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Late stage optimist

Cora:

In my opinion it is time for you to take care of number one: YOU!

Are you ready to do that? How will you take care of yourself? By giving crack head husband the heave ho, and send him packing with divorce papers, and a no contact order. And make sure you secure all the financial stuff like the bank account in that order as well (give yourself exclusive control over the family finances). Can you afford to at least consult a divorce lawyer? Even if you can't, it is well past time to leave this relationship and move on.

If he fails drug court, although I don't know the jurisdiction you are in, it is likely that he is headed to prison. He waived his right to trial by entering drug court, stipulated to the admissibility of facts sufficient to convict him of some drug related crime. His prosecution was stayed on the condition that he comply with, and timely finish, drug treatment. He is toast. And it is his own fault.

Get yourself together and leave. Get the divorce to sever legal ties in case he goes out while binging and he kills someone while he is driving. If a lawsuit gets filed for personal injuries or wrongful death and you are still married to this loser, you get named in the lawsuit and you are a defendant. You want that exposure? Nope, I didn't think so.

Do the right thing, girl, and get off before the train crashes.

:titanic