help finding alcohol free items

Old 12-17-2004, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
a patient wife

help finding alcohol free items

Not sure if this is where I would post this.. But, I need a lil help... hubby was released on a teater today, he was told not alcohol anything.... no shampoos, soaps and type of personal items... I searched thru the internet and was not able to find anything... They said if he used any items or drank any think the teather will pick it up and they will come get him..... Dose any one know what type of products are alcohol free.. the word alcohol has many names and we are a bit confused..... I called the teather co and they said non- zip zilch.. cant find any dont use any..... ggggrrr and suggestions would be great... Thanks so much
Hugs Brat
Old 12-17-2004, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
This catz gone wild!!!

Mouthwash (there is alcohol free mouthwash called cepacol (i think that's the name, but read the label carefully). Unfortunately a lot of shampoo has alcohol in it, so your best bet would be to visit a Hair Salon, they are more likely to have products that are alcohol free or at least know of brands that don't have alcohol in them. Hair spray, mouse, hair gel also have alcohol in them so only use the kind that have No Alcohol on the label. Cough Syrup, make sure if he gets a cough or cold to only get ROBITUSSIN, it is marked alcohol free. Ivory soap, check the ingriedients but I believe it is PURE with no alcohol. Careful with food as well, no vanilla extract, or extracts of any kind for that matter. Some sauces may have alcohol in them. As for rubbing alcohol Ethyl Alcohol is drinking alcohol but is also used as rubbing alcohol and disinfectant, Ispropyl alcohol is the kind you use as a disinfectant or cleanser. I am not sure how sensitive that teather is, but I would consider it very sensitive,and not use any form of rubbing alcohol. Alot of cleaning products have alcohol in them, so I know it may seem strange, but check the labels on those as well. Good luck and if I come across anything else, I will let you know. I hope this helps a little bit.

Sincerely;

Jocelyn
Old 12-17-2004, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Doug

Childrens toiletries might be alcohol free, it might take some getting used to, but it beats the alternative.

You could also search the web, there must be alternatives out there somewhere, not to mention the "all natural" stuff.

Good luck.

Old 12-17-2004, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Careful...

Originally Posted by Doug
You could also search the web, there must be alternatives out there somewhere, not to mention the "all natural" stuff.

Good luck.
"All natural" does not mean alcohol free. Alcohol is a naturally occuring event any time organics, sugar, and yeast are mixed and can be in "all natural" products.

BubbaBob
Old 12-17-2004, 03:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Going to a salon and asking is a great idea. WOW I didn't know test could detect something like that. You would think they could give you a list of products.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
a patient wife

lol so I thought (getting a list) .. thats what we were told but it didnt happen.. being a hair stylist for 20 years..... most of the products we used all had alcohol.... found sauve daily claifying has none.. and mitchum deoderant.... thanks for telling me about the vannilla
Cindy