I really miss my "old" friends....

Old 12-17-2004, 09:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
..as the smoke clears...

Unhappy I really miss my "old" friends....

I went to the store this morning and saw by bestest friend there, who i haven't seen since i have been clean. She looked absolutly aweful!! I feel so bad....i know she has no one, cause no one knows she uses except me. She use to be my partner in crime, and now that i'm clean, she's all alone.
I didn't talk to her, cause she is still choked at me for "dumping her" as she calls it, but i know that seeing her would jepordize my recovery. Is there anything i can do for her? I feel like her using is all because of me....i feel as if it's my fault....I just feel awful.....I'm full of guilt....but i know i can't be her friend while she's like that----oh god...this just tears me up inside....
Old 12-17-2004, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes there is...

Originally Posted by thanx2methodone
Is there anything i can do for her?
Can you make her see the light? Can you convince her she has to quit? Can you "save" her?

No, no, and no, but...

You can stay clean and sober, for you, not for her, and that will be a great example of what cleaning up can do for her when...if...she decides she is sick and tired of being sick and tired. Live the happy, free life that our sobriety gives us and she may decide she wants what you have.

THAT is the best...and only...way you can help her at this point.

BubbaBob