Notices

Got Thru Another Day!!!

Old 12-16-2004, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got Thru Another Day!!!

Well I got thru today, but as the evening is approaching I am nervous about cravings, but I got thru it last night and I can only promise myself I will do everything in my power to get thru tonight. The reason I got thru it last night was because I spent hours here, so many hours that my shoulders were just killing me (lol). But it was worth the pain.

Night time seems to be the hardest time for me. Does anyone else have a certain time they crave? and is this normal?
Debby
Old 12-16-2004, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
..as the smoke clears...

Debbie, What you are going through is totally normal. I always crave at night time too, cause it would help me sleep throughout the night.Good for you for getting through last night!! You should be so proud!! You really don't want to use tonight and basically throw away the past day and a half do you? You are already doing so well..!!
Staying on this site will really help you! You should also try to NEVER BE ALONE!!! Even though i have been clean 5 months (EXACTLy 5 MONTHS TODAY!! YAY!!) when i am alone, I still get crazy ideas creeping into my head. So whenever possible, have someone with you. (obviously someone who is clean!)
If you have trouble sleeping, maybe you should think of getting a herbal sleeping aid, those really helped me the first few weeks!!
I am really happy at how well you are doing!! GOOD FOR YOU!! If you need someone tpo talk to, You can PM me antime you like ,K? Stay Strong Sweety!! You're almost there!!

Lotsa Love,
T
Old 12-16-2004, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Debby, it's me again. I still have cravings. I actually had a lot today but it kind of makes me sick thinking about actually getting it and doing it. I just want to feel relaxed again but i can do that in different ways. I worked out today, i did laundry, i did anything to keep myself clean, just for today!!! I always get bad cravings in the morning. I get real bad anexity and then quickly followed by a depressed feeling and i dont want to leave my bed. I just started doing this. I was fine until about 3 nights ago. 46 day today and i feel good. I cant believe i can get out of bed without snorting a line of oxycontin. You'll do it, just be strong and hang in there. When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. "someone told me that when i first signed on at SR" it has helped me through some tough times. Good luck
Old 12-16-2004, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Debby

Night time seems to be the hardest time for me. Does anyone else have a certain time they crave? and is this normal?
Debby
Yes,on paydays.This is why its good you are recognizing this.When I am craving more than usaull I hit more meetings.I also spend more time with people I know from the program,call my sponsor,or come here.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
..as the smoke clears...

Hey Debby,

This is totally stupid, but it really works...

In my early recovery, when ever i would have a craving, I would burn the money i would have spent on dope. I just put a lighter to it and watched it burn to nothing, cause i basically figure that's where it'd be going anyway. If i really want/crave to waste money, then i'll do it myself--without getting high.

It sounds totally ridiculous, and at first, I **** myself off by doing it, but it really works!! And for some weird reason afterward, I feel better. And the cravings soon became less and less...
Old 12-16-2004, 04:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

cool...another day without picking up.

What help me was to write about the times I got high.
What I found out was, since I was High all the time,
everything triggered my urges. Day or night, it didn't matter.

Recovery books, self help books, lot of note books for writng.lol
Cleaning my house a little bit at a time helped.
Even if it's just moving the mess from one coner to
the other. It fought off the urges and I got the house cleaned,
and I flet better for doing something for myself.
Three birds in one stone.

The feelings passes, so don't pick up no matter what.
Thats why I got flowers for my Apt. I just look at it.
It purdy so it's not hard. It helps me shift my thoughts or
thinking to something else other than thinking about using,
Or about whatever problems I have that's burning my brain.
If you practice it enough, you'll notice thoughts comes first
then emotions or feelings. You'll also notice it's easier to
change your thoughts than your emotions or feelings.

However, thoughts are just thoughts.
Picking up and using is an ACT or ACTION.
Sometimes my brain just spins and spins so I go to my
heart.
If that don't help...the hell with it. I get on my knees
and pray for god to take the feelings and crazy thoughts away.
I don't know if there's a god or if he's listening.
Sometimes I get the answer of "go take another shower".lol