Notices

JFT December 5 - Those Who Want To Recover

Old 12-05-2004, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

JFT December 5 - Those Who Want To Recover

We have seen the program work for any addict who honestly and sincerely wants to stop [using drugs]
Basic Text pg. 10

How do we know when someone honestly and sincerely wants to stop using drugs? The truth is that we don't know! Because we cannot read minds or know another's motives and desires, we simply have to hope for the best. We may talk to a newcomer at a meeting and think we'll never see them again, only to find them several years later doing well in their recovery. We may be tempted to give up on someone who keeps relapsing or doesn't get clean right away, but we must not. No matter how unwilling someone may seem, a simple fact remains - the addict is at a meeting.

We may never know the results of our Twelfth Step work; it is not up to us to gauge the willingness of a newcomer. The message we carry is a part of us. We carry it everywhere and share it freely, leaving the results to a Power greater than ourselves.

Just for today: I will share my recovery with any addict, anywhere, anytime, and under any circumstances. I will leave the results to my Higher Power.
pg. 355

Just For Today Daily Meditation is the property of Narcotics Anonymous©
Old 12-05-2004, 02:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, This gives me hope, for my brother who is the addict in my life, and all those who are still using! Just wanted to say Thank you to all who use these forums, its helps us all in one way or other. I will continue to pray! sisterofD