Letting go

Old 12-04-2004, 03:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Letting go

They were the first . . . self-created people in the history of the world. And their manners were their own business. And so were their politics. And so, but ten times so, were their souls.
--Archibald MacLeish

There once was a child named Yemaya. Even before she could walk or talk, her mother introduced her to the trees. Yemaya touched them and they accepted her. They told her she was wonderful and she knew it was true.

As she grew up, Yemaya occasionally met people who said unkind things to her. When this happened, she went back to her trees, who continued to tell her she was just fine. She couldn't understand what was wrong with those who were mean to her. Whenever they appeared and insisted on being mean, she pretended what they said was an arrow that sailed right by as she stepped out of the way.

We can do the same. What others say or think is part of them and their lives, not ours. When we are wise enough to let go of things that don't belong to us, we will find our own treasures.

What can I step out of the way of today?

Today's Gift

Old 12-04-2004, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Doug, why do I have a feeling you put this here for me? If not, you should have because the shoe fits, today. Thanks, Doug!!
Old 12-04-2004, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Doug

No Ann, wasn't for you, LOL, I just put up the one that was dated for today.

Funny how that works though isn't it? What I need, when I need it.

Old 12-04-2004, 05:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When we are wise enough to let go of things that don't belong to us, we will find our own treasures.
I like that part.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I am stuggling with this as well...thanks Doug! Much better than "sticks and stones..."
Old 12-04-2004, 06:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Doug! Thank you!

I agree with Ann - it seems like it you posted it just for me. It was just what I needed to read today. I copied it into a word document so I could keep it.

Isn't it amazing what good comes into your life when you really need it and sometimes least expect it?

Have a wonderful day!

Richard