More than thinking

Old 11-25-2004, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

More than thinking

Don't let your thinking stop you from doing. You can think your way out of doing anything if you're so inclined. You can rationalize just about any kind of irrational behavior. But that's not the way to let your thoughts serve you.
Thinking brings us many great things, yet there are times when thinking obscures rather than enlightens. There are worthwhile things we cannot comprehend, which we can nevertheless experience. Attempt to fully rationalize love, beauty or faith and you lessen the experience, diluting the value of each. We crave the power that thinking brings, and yet sometimes we gain more by being overpowered than by doing the overpowering.

Thinking is one of the most wonderful and powerful tools we have. But it is not the only thing. Certainly you want to question. Certainly you want to be curious. Certainly you want to define and analyze and understand the world in which you live. Yet you also want to live for the pure living of it. Plan, and also flow. Examine, and also see. Think, and also live.

Old 11-25-2004, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I definitely think too much, and for me that can quickly turn to obsession.

Today I am learning to go with the flow and that there are some things that I don't have to think about unless I choose to. It's not denial, it's just not allowing some things to rent space in my head for long.

Thanks for the reminder, Doug.

Hugs
Ann