The bad days

Old 11-24-2004, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

The bad days

I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible day.
--Judith Viorst

Some days, for all our good intentions, seem to go sour from the start. Maybe we're tired or feeling ill or preoccupied with a problem that seems insurmountable. Maybe we just got up on the wrong side of the bed.

Living one day at a time means getting the most we can out of today. It also means we know today does not have to doom or dictate tomorrow. If we have a bad day today, that's all it is--a bad day. It does not mean we're bad or that the world is against us or that we might as well give in to our worst attitudes and behaviors since nothing is going right anyway. And it does not mean tomorrow will be a bad day, too.

When we have a bad day--and everyone does--there are a few things we can do while we wait it out. We can slow down. We can be quiet. We can pray. And we can let go. How else will we be able to recognize a wonderful day?

Am I living today--good or bad--and not tomorrow or yesterday?

Old 11-24-2004, 06:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As well, the good thing about living in the moment is we can decide to restart our day at any given time.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tha toastah

wow this is a good one.

its true, i let the bad days affect much more than i should let them. ONE DAY AT A TIME!