one day at a time one step at a time

Old 10-31-2004, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one day at a time one step at a time

I have been sober for five months now after relasping after 1 year. What I have realized is that I thought once I became sober that everything would be peaches and cream. this is when those coping skills come in I guess. I was so use to hiding under the influence and now that I am sober Dealing with life on life terms can be a challenge. I have to constantly remind myself of the wonderful things that recovery has brought into my life and when I look at it that way I feel this overwehlming feeling of gratitude. To me a good day is when everything seems to be going wrong and at the end of the day I am still sober and clean! That is a good day for me. To each and every person that is in recovery, wether you are struggling to stay clean or finding it easy to stay clean I salute you. It is so easy to give up, but its a blessing to hang in there and hold on to your miracle. The really good thing about being in recovery is that we support each other all over the world. This is a we program you never have to feel like you are alone because your not we have each other to lean on at those times of weakness.
God bless
Old 11-01-2004, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
tha toastah

Old 11-01-2004, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Doug

Originally Posted by luckyfosho
It is so easy to give up, but its a blessing to hang in there and hold on to your miracle. The really good thing about being in recovery is that we support each other all over the world. This is a we program you never have to feel like you are alone because your not we have each other to lean on at those times of weakness.
God bless
Exactly.

I can't, we can.

Nice post lucky.

Old 11-01-2004, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

The really good thing about being in recovery is that we support each other all over the world. This is a we program you never have to feel like you are alone because your not we have each other to lean on at those times of weakness.
Amen to that luckyfosho!!! Thanks for posting this. Have a safe and sober evening.

Love,

Karen