Notices

drinking on medication

Old 01-16-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

drinking on medication

I take a cocktail of meds. Drinking even a little makes me hungover really bad. Yet I keep doing it.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I worry that combination will take you away from us some day, dsmaxis. And yet, I can do nothing to affect a change in your life. I can encourage you to care more about yourself and treat yourself with the simple respect and dignity you deserve. I hope you will take good care.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maxis, please let someone besides SR know what you're doing.

The consequences of your actions can be fatal. We've seen this mixture take the lives of so many ... I'd hate for anything to happen to you.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Meds and alcohol have never been meant to go together, and as mentioned all too often the results are dangerous and sometimes deadly. Please see help, you will not be turned away if your desire is earnest.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I see my psychologist Wensday not because of the drinking but because I was hearing voices I took my antipsychotic shot two days early. I take Prolxin Risperadal Lamictal cymbalta gabapentin sodium diflofenac and prolixin shot. I'm still in pain and hungover. Thank all of you for caring. I was gonna go to an AA meeting but I felt to bad to go I;m gonna go tomorrow. I had four years sober before. Ever since I started taking Sodium diflofenac cymbalta gabapentin for fibromyalgia drinking evern more then two beers I'm ill the next day. It's kept me from drinking as often and as much as I used to. Thank all of you for caring I posted this so I can look at it when I get cravings.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Four years is an amazing accomplishment! I'm sorry you are in pain, and knowing that you should talk to your doctor shows that you know what you need to do for your own health and well-being. You are worth that sort of self-care, dsmaxis. I hope you will be able to let us know how it goes on Wednesday. I hope coming back here to read your own thread will help.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I made it threw the night sober day two I"m going to a 7:00 am meeting. Were everybody knows my name and there always glad I came. It is good to do something about my alcoholism and schizophrenia makes me isolate so it will be good to be in a room with 70-100 people.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I didn"t make it to the early birds meeting at 7. I'm listening to Audrey C and Julia H on XA speakers loving it I really identify with them, I'm back I"m back in recovery going to SOS share our strength meeting at 10:00 am for sure, My alcoholic brother says he likes AA really enjoys it hes in jail might go to prison, Owe Lord it been a long time I'll try my best I"m gonna get it this time. I have desperation I"m defeated beat down puked some blood yesterday scary. Well Seren you really lifted my Spirits thank you so much for your support.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
That sounds like a great meeting, and I know it can be comforting to be around people, especially like-minded ones. I hope you continue to attend, you're off to a start.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Somethings happened to me I have a forty in my car left over of a night of drinking until I got very ill. And I can"t talk myself into drinking it I"m not having mercilis cravings. God has given me Grace . Now I"m gonna go dump it out I"m not superman.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I hope you made it to your 10 am meet! I'm glad you poured out that 40. You don't have to be superhuman, just dsmaxis. Knowing you are worth help and support and taking good care of yourself. Please do tell your doctor about the blood, OK?
Old 01-17-2017, 08:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Dsmaxis, I hope you made that meeting. If you didn't get to the next one.

Let us know how it went and post every hour if you need to!
Old 01-18-2017, 11:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I didn"t make it to a meeting yesterday, But I made it today to a noon meeting. It was good I'm glad I went. I saw my first sponsor I beat him up five years ago. Why because he started a fight with me long story I made amends. And we got a long good after that but since I relapsed so much he quit talking to me.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm glad you made it to that meeting today...I suppose we all have times when we run into people with whom we had disagreements. Are there other meeting days and times when he won't be there? Maybe that would be better for you?

How did your doctor visit go?
Old 01-18-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It"s fine if I get six months I"m sure he will talk to me again. Doctor visit went good I promised him I"d go back to AA. My doc said you had four years before so you can do it really didn't feel like I"d get threw the day but going to a meeting really helped me. And he"s worried about my caffeine intake which is around 2000mg a day.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

how bout finding another sponsor and gettin into action with some stepwork?
Old 01-18-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm so glad the visit went well! And wow, that is a lot of caffeine... *yikes*

Although, I do drink my coffee in the morning, I don't think I come anywhere near that number

Maybe throw in a few decaf sodas of coffee now and again?
Old 01-18-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dsmaxis10 View Post
I take a cocktail of meds. Drinking even a little makes me hungover really bad. Yet I keep doing it.
I used to drink while taking my meds. We know that's dangerous. Plus, our doctors would not be pleased. Please, reconsider your Program.
M-Bob
Old 01-18-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good for you, dsmaxis! I'm happy to hear you made a meeting and kept your Doctor's appointment.

Please keep coming here and posting when you get cravings.

The support here kept me sober.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by Opivotal View Post
Good for you, dsmaxis! I'm happy to hear you made a meeting and kept your Doctor's appointment.

Please keep coming here and posting when you get cravings.

The support here kept me sober.
Ya support here really helps.