http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-10-a-20.html

D
Old 09-27-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Thanks Dee! -
Old 09-27-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannies. Thankful for a day off from work, I'm meeting two friends for lunch to celebrate their birthdays. I think 90% of the people in my life are Libras!

It's so good to see Mimi back to normal, hard to believe if you had seen her. Husband and I had a good laugh last night; he had suggested I take her to the vet to be put to "sleep" at one point, I'm so glad I didn't!

Delilah, another hot day in California, looks like a good day to give the dog a bath! I'll put in a request to lower the temperature for your return.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Odelle --a day off and lunch with friends - Good for you.

Glad Mimi is feeling better.....
Old 09-27-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Odelle --a day off and lunch with friends - Good for you.

Glad Mimi is feeling better.....
Old 09-27-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Hi all.

Glad Mimi is on the mend... It's like she's part of the group!

Hope everyone is aok. Great to hear you're right back on track, Thump.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

95...!
Old 09-27-2016, 08:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mav, love the countdown!! I think I may need to buy 95 (94 if starting tomorrow) really good chocolates and eat one each day. The problem will be where to hide them from the kids and my husband.

Odelle, I land tomorrow at 4:40 in San Diego, so if you can do something about the heat before then that would be great!! I am so glad Mimi is doing better. I want to get a new cat. I love our dogs, but really miss my Snowflake.

Bandi, hope you enjoyed your weekend away, and work is going well.

Dee, thanks for the new thread, and your unending wisdom.

Thump, how are you doing?

I need to be up bright and early tomorrow to head to the airport. Good night Jannies. I will check in on the 24 hour thread once I get settled at the airport.

❤️ Delilah
Old 09-27-2016, 10:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

I'm doing fine, D, thanks. Long and tiring day -- I think I'm suffering allergies, dry eyes and clotty nose all day, and energy much lower than normal. Hip was (and is) very painful. But overall I'm in good spirits. I'm looking forward to tomorrow -- a fairly open day off with good weather forecast means that I may be able to get all the gluing on the cabinet done, leaving Thursday for finishing.

Ody, glad to hear that Mimi's doing better ... give her a pet or three from me if you would please?

Mav, thanks for the good words. Analyzing my failure to ensure I don't repeat it.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Safe trip Delilah!

Hope you have a good weekend Thump and that your hip calms down....take care.
xxxx

Hmmm, don't know why my post above was a duplicate?

Home now from our brief lake trip. No autumn color yet and lots of flooding in that area but the sunrise and sunsets were beautiful and I always feel better by water. Mission accomplished....we spread the ashes of our beloved dog and saw some friends along the way.

Wishing everyone strength, peace and sobriety today!
Old 09-28-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thumpa, you sound really good! I'm looking forward to pictures of the cabinet. Oh, Mimi loved the extra pets. She's such a lap cat; she takes her usual spot next to me on the couch in the mornings and evenings, happily purring away between strokes.

Delilah, the temps have been turned down by 10-15 degrees for your return home, perfect for dinner on the patio!

Bandi, glad to hear you were able to get some much needed R & R, I can imagine the tranquility of watching the sun set lakeside.

Mav, I hope at the end of the countdown, you have a special treat lined up for yourself. Personally, it's time for me to let go of the comfort eating and ice cream habit for healthier alternatives. My new year's resolution is to set some goals for rewards, like a manicure/pedicure mid-month and a massage at the end of the month.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

I am back home in California. I had a wonderful visit with my mom and brother. Bandi, I feel the same way around water. I walked around the lake near her house each day I was there. I am lucky to live close to the ocean here, so can always take a trip to listen to waves and distress.

Odelle, thank goodness it is cooler. The first thing my nine year old said to me was "Mommy it was so hot I drank 13 waters yesterday." He then gave me a big hug, I love that kid, the girls are at the stage where hugging their mom on public is not something they want to do. I am with you on eating healthy Odelle. I have been really good, it still try to save room for a piece of chocolate or something sweet each day. Today it was tootsie rolls, I need to be careful with those though. I love the flavored ones, but they can be addictive!!

Thump, looking forward to seeing some pictures, hope the weather by you is good for working on your cabinet, and I hope the hip settles down some.

I am off to bed before the season opener of criminal Minds. I told my daughter she better not tell me what happens. My body is still on East Coast time, and I am exhausted!

Have a great night everyone.

❤️ Delilah
Old 09-29-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Welcome home Delilah -

Morning Jannies -

De-cluttering and organizing remains my #1 goal. Progress is slow but steady.
Here is a helpful excerpt from my guideline book:
"The whole point in both discarding and keeping things is to be happy. Ask yourself, Does this xyz item bring me joy?"

I had a drinking dream last night....I was at a beach party where beer was available and out of sheer habit I almost picked one up. The weird part is that I dislike beer and in the dream I knew I was a recovering alcoholic and that I must always remain vigilant!

Ok, off to work. Have a good one!
Old 09-29-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannies, back to work today and then tomorrow is my last day. I start my new job on the 12th. Bandi, I'm going to be using my down time doing some serious de-cluttering and deep cleaning. I always feel so much better after a thorough clean-up.

I spent several hours in the dentist chair yesterday, I'm moving forward in having two crowns (front teeth) redone. I wasn't happy with them when they were cemented in in June, and decided that this would be the perfect time to have them redone and put up with the temps for a couple of weeks. Old me would have just let it go, and I tried hard to do that, but I finally spoke up and I'm glad I did.

Have a good day all!
Old 09-29-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good Morning Jannies!

I am up and getting ready for a 9:00 meeting. I need to get back into the work routine. Staff returns on Monday, and students Tuesday, so I have a bit of time to get ready for the second quarter.

Bandi, I need to get that book, I may try to do that over winter break.

Odelle, good for you for speaking up. I have learned to advocate for myself when it comes to health over the past few years. I used to feel I shouldn't question doctors/dentists, but then I realized they don't live in my body, and I am the expert on how I am feeling. I hope you enjoy your last two days of this job, and I am glad you have some time off in between positions.

Have a great day Jannies!!!

❤️ Delilah
Old 09-29-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hi y'all, hope everything's going fine.

No cause for complaint here. Got the sides and shelves cut and rough-sanded for the cab yesterday -- but broke a clamp lining up a glue joint, so it's off to the hardware store to pick up a replacement. I wish we had higher-quality clamps on offer locally, this is the third one this year I've needed to replace.

Anyway, to run that errand, and then off to Mom's. Catch y'all on the downstroke!
Old 09-30-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Good morning Jannies, back to work today and then tomorrow is my last day. I start my new job on the 12th. Bandi, I'm going to be using my down time doing some serious de-cluttering and deep cleaning. I always feel so much better after a thorough clean-up.

I spent several hours in the dentist chair yesterday, I'm moving forward in having two crowns (front teeth) redone. I wasn't happy with them when they were cemented in in June, and decided that this would be the perfect time to have them redone and put up with the temps for a couple of weeks. Old me would have just let it go, and I tried hard to do that, but I finally spoke up and I'm glad I did.

Have a good day all!
Enjoy your last day Odelle and glad you have a nice break before starting your new job - Good for you on speaking up and being your own best advocate!! And IMO, with a clear head it's much easier.

I had a home repair issue this week and it was the 2nd time the company had been out. To me it was a re-do of the original issue but they didn't think so and as the technician prepared the invoice, I spoke up. I could do it confidently because I'm sober, clearly remember the 1st visit & discussions, and had the paper work at hand. Pleased to report the 2nd visit charge was waived!

At the height of my drinking, I would have misplaced the paper work & forgot what was said or done at the 1st visit.

Sobriety is good. Have a good one Jannies......
Old 09-30-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good Morning Jannies,

Odelle, have a great last day!!

Bandi, nicely done getting that charged waived. I am terrible at remembering where I put things. One of the reasons I need to read your organization book!

Have a great Friday everyone!

❤️ Delilah
Old 09-30-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend guys!
Old 09-30-2016, 07:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

You too Dee!