# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 8

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-7-a-20.html

D
Old 09-20-2016, 11:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, shiny new thread! Thanking you kindly, Dee.

Wednesday late afternoon check-in. Need to get off here and get my bottom in gear - I have dinner to make, Guide drop-off to do for Child 1 and a mountain of work to get through. Best make a start ...
Old 09-20-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and hi Flossy xxx
Old 09-21-2016, 05:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WOW a brand new thread on a brand new day! I didn't drink last night. Thanks for all of the kind words. I did work a bit too hard yesterday and am feeling the burn today. Really really stiff muscles makes it a tad difficult to get moving in the morning. I made a good dent in things yesterday, and I just need to be satisfied with what I can get done here to move. My lease isn't up until February, and while I don't plan on having to continue to pay double rent, I have to keep that in the back of my mind, that technically I have until I am ready to sublet this. So, if it takes an extra month, it does. I mentally have to be ready to start my new journey October 1. What I need and want is packed. The rest is either being donated to the women's shelter or given away. Not ideally the way I typically would move, but you gotta do what you can do. Or have to.
Rainy stormy day here today = a good day to stay inside and get busy!

Have a great day everyone, and thanks so much for your support.
Love you all!
-- Camery
Old 09-21-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm back in work !!!! yeeepeeee!!!

I'm soooooo relieved that this whole job hunting process is over now and I can settle down in my NEW JOB

Camery, hang in there girl, not long and you will feel the same!

Thank you for the new thread Dee, one day I will make the shotgun.

Hey Jo, I'm so pleased for you that you're on track again, keep going!

The newsletter from SR arrived today and I really like it... things you can do when the craving hits you ..... speak to a friend in recovery! THAT'S US, THE LOVELY MAYFLIES !!!!

Thank you so much to each and every one of you. There is no way that I would have stopped drinking without you. I'm very grateful.

You all have a great and sober day and night.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great news Elke I can almost see your beaming smile from here!
Old 09-21-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Elke-Wishing you the best of luck at the new job! Keep us posted on how its going!
Camery- I'm digging the way you're working leaping the hurtles that are popping up and adapting to the situation!

I've been working on being more "present' in my day to day life. Balance is the key as I tend to be an all or nothing person. One would think this would be easy but ummmm, no, not for me anyway.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
Hope you are all doing well. One day at a time over here. Nothing new to report, just checking in!
Congrats Elke! I am so happy for you!
Old 09-22-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi all nice to hear everyone is doing well. Camery one day at a time does the job when times get tough so keep doing it!
I went for it last night and bared my soul at AA. Shared the lot. I couldn't just sit there and say nothing so it all came out. It was hard being the only one there struggling but I've promised myself I need to be braver so I was. Of course everyone was lovely and I got some good advice and support. The lies and the head-in-sand attitude have to stop if I'm to hang on to my recovery that's what I've decided.
So......a bit of bravery, a bit if tlc and enjoying my girls is the order of the day. So far so good.....baby steps I know but we have to start somewhere don't we?
Old 09-22-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you Jo! That is so awesome! Taking it easy today. I seem to have some issues going on with my stomach-- not sure if I pulled a muscle or strained it, which is certainly what it feels like. ( similar to something I had last month) So, at any rate, today I am resting with a heating pad. It is the strangest thing, just hurts when I cough, or stretch, but otherwise is fine. I am staying off of the internet to self diagnose myself since that just causes anxiety.
Seriously, what next?
Old 09-22-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi all nice to hear everyone is doing well. Camery one day at a time does the job when times get tough so keep doing it!
I went for it last night and bared my soul at AA. Shared the lot. I couldn't just sit there and say nothing so it all came out. It was hard being the only one there struggling but I've promised myself I need to be braver so I was. Of course everyone was lovely and I got some good advice and support. The lies and the head-in-sand attitude have to stop if I'm to hang on to my recovery that's what I've decided.
So......a bit of bravery, a bit if tlc and enjoying my girls is the order of the day. So far so good.....baby steps I know but we have to start somewhere don't we?
Awesome work Jo...way to be brave. It's not fun to do but really does help and assists people in getting to know you.

Take it easy on yourself Camery...lots of changes going on right now and things are going good for you right now. Work day by day on getting through your tasks, just like the drinking. You're doing a great job...very inspiring!!

Nothing new going on here....glad to catch up on everyone's posts and see us all moving forward and dealing with life and our drinking issues. We really do sound like grown up's now as opposed to when we first got here
Old 09-22-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sleepy time for me goodnight my wonderful supportive mayflies xxx
Old 09-23-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Happy Friday everyone. Work has been busy today. I know you're not meant to make changes in early sobriety, but I'm so glad I did - I'm so much happier in this new role. Take away and a movie are on the agenda for tonight. Tomorrow is going to be spent buying a trailer for the kayaks, I think. (Sigh) My back isn't liking having to lift them on and off the car and having only just bought them, it only makes sense to throw more money at the problem!

Camery - sounds like the packing is coming along well. Hope the pulled muscle or whatever it is eases up soon.
Elke - woo hoooooooo!!! Congratulations.
Simplicity - your posts always make me smile. I always think if I was a person that could do balance, I'd not have a problem with alcohol. Moderation in all areas of my life is a continual work in progress.
Jo - glad to hear that opening up has been benficial. Journeys of a thousand miles an' all that ...
Eagle - ticking over counts! Hello.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
UGH, pain hasn't eased up any. Somehow I managed to really do a number on my left side abdominal muscles. They are sore-- more so in the morning, but once I get moving and stretch it out, it loosens up.
My move is officially scheduled for October 6!!! So, I am way ahead of the game here, so I am not at all feeling stressed about being down for the count for a day. I am still in purge mode, and have down sized a lot over these past few months. The clock is ticking and I am getting so excited!
Hope you all have a Happy Friday. I will check in sometime later today!
--Camery
Old 09-23-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Mayflies! The weekend has officially begun for me and I'm super excited to have it to myself! I've been booked solid every weekend since July 22 so I need the downtime! Balance is key for me this weekend cuz God knows I have a ton I need to get caught up on.....so.....I'm shooting for middle ground. A little housework, a little relaxation, a little exercise. Lets see if my all or nothing brain can manage to stick with the program

Camery-I'm glad you're feeling a little less overwhelmed with all the prep work for the move! Hopefully with a little rest your abs won't be as angry.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Camery - persistent abdominal discomfort warrants a doctor's check, pronto.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ok, so far.....housecleaning .....now, break. See I can do this
Old 09-23-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Elke

Sorry about the pain Camery - hope it's a little better now.

I know packing and moving found me muscles I didn't know I had, but like Caramel suggested if the pain persists it might be worth getting it checked out.

Hi Flossy, Jo, Eagle and Simplicity

Have a good weekend everyone!

D
Old 09-23-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sorry to be absent so much and not keeping up. I've been so tired and have been writing to the friends I made at Rehab. I tried to sum it up but this barely begins to describe my experiences.
Rehab involves things like standing in line with heroin addicts for morning meds and seeing them shaking so bad you give them your place in line. It involves groups where someone shares a story and starts crying causing others to cry and pass the tissue box. It means improvising skits or playing games that help you open up and lose inhibitions in front of others. Sitting for 4-5 hours a day in a chilly classroom learning about addiction and how it affects the brain, how to prevent relapse and cope with life sober. Lessons about the 12 steps repeated in different formats. It also meant laughing so hard your stomach hurt, complaining about the food and the absence of any form of caffeine. It includes lots of hugs and empathy. Working through a huge binder of journaling notebooks. Near the end of your stay writing and sharing your life story.
This was all revelatory for me, especially when it came to my life story. I had to call my mom and ask her why I seldom saw my dad and why i was living with my grandma so much when I was little. She'd never explained that she went home and took a job teaching in a different state from my dad who was still teaching in Minnesota and going to summer school in Ann Arbor. I don't blame them for anything at all but it was weird how my memories were so incomplete. My life story took an hour to tell talking very fast and I got compliments on my writing which made me feel great. At the end I summed up what everyone still living who had played a part in my life was doing and that we were all on good terms. I've attended AA meetings both there and at home and make a point of speaking in each one.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

A great deal of revelation and processing for you, Lonelywombat.
I expect your insights will be ongoing for some time to come.
Good health and best wishes to you.