# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 4

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 08-29-2016, 11:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Start of day 4 here, usually my relapse day, but determined to get through it. I have a busy day today (being self employed they are the best types of day)
Old 08-30-2016, 12:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Three weeks/day 21 for me today
Old 08-30-2016, 02:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bexxed-thanks for that-you're so sweet!!

Northernlass-great to have you back and even better you came back so quickly!

Cajunprincess-I completely understand how you feel. But what a brave decision to make and you should feel proud, in time you will I hope. It is the right decision and nope you won't screw everything up. But it sure feels scary doesn't it?

Checking in for day 12 for me. Meeting up with a friend later, really can't be bothered going but I'm figuring it's good to push myself out of my comfort zone!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Bexxed....I have gone with the antibiotic story as well..years ago ...at a Rolling Stones concert with people I work with..I used to drink with these guys and they looked at me, like "seriously..you? Not drink? " but, they bought the antibiotic story! May be worth a try???

Back to work for me today. I am a teacher and have been home. Though I love the summer home, I don't have as many obligations with my kids all grown. Leaves me plenty of time to isolate. I have figured out that is my biggest trigger!!! I was sober from august 2015 to this July....ding ding ding!!! Summer when I have no accountability!!!!

Anyway, I'm back to work, sober with a positive attitude.

Glad to see everyone here..thank you for keeping me sober.

Have a great day xoxo
Old 08-30-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hey all -

So glad I joined the class. Today is day 37.

Good luck to everyone and there is still time to join the class.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So grateful to wake up to Day 30 with no headache, nausea, shakes, anxiety, remorse or regret! Everyday sober is a gift and I hope to never lose sight of that!
I know I am in a pink cloud and that eventually this will end. Praying that when I come down off the cloud, I will always continue to feel fortunate to be where Im at, never forget where I came from, where I could be if I pick up even one drink.
So thankful for the newcomers who remind me of myself when I first came here, who through their early struggles show me what could happen if I decide I could just have one more, and who give me the opportunity to reach out to help the next one coming into this world of sobriety.
Prayers for all of us and may we all be blessed with continued recovery!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((Northernlass)). Glad you made it back. Jump right back on the wagon. You can do this!!

SSG--way to go on day 12! Woot woot!!

Bexxed--as others have said, you got this. You may even find there are others who don't drink or at least don't drink very much. It's amazing what you notice when you're not sloshed... The antibiotic story sounds like a good one. I used to tell people I didn't drink because "I'm allergic to alcohol. I break out in handcuffs." Lol. Can't claim that as my own. Think I heard it in AA a while back.

Mr P--such thoughtful words, as usual. I always look forward to your posts.

Princess--one day at a time works for me. Sometimes it's just on hour or minute at a time. Otherwise it's just too overwhelming. Not gonna drink today. Repeat tomorrow. And they keep adding up.

Capricalla--don't blink! You'll miss it. My baby girl turns 21 in October. Seems like only yesterday I was holding her in my arms!

Pitty--good to see you! Busy is good. Keeps the mind off destructive things!!

Dee--thank you for all you do!!

Pieman--woot woot! Day 4! You should be starting to feel much better. Proud of you!

((Caramel)). Three weeks is amazing! Congrats!

To the rest of the A-team--keep on keepin on! Start of day 23 for me. Was going to go back to bed, but not so sure about that now. May grab a cup of coffee and keep reading here. It's so peaceful this time of day. Used to be I'd only see the sunrise if I had been up all night drinking.

Love and hugs to all!!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Lovehoops))), (((oona))), and (((MidnightRider)))--y'all slipped in there while I was writing my longa$$ post. So good to see you!!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

some really fantastic milestones here guys - congrats

D
Old 08-30-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
some really fantastic milestones here guys - congrats

D
Absolutely!! Ooona--day 30 is fantastic! Was thinking of you and your family this weekend.

MidnightRider--37 days!! You rock, sir!!
Old 08-30-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi

I am join the class. Bit nervous but its worth a shot. Thanks. Ill try to share and be honest. I appreciate the feed back.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

A big 'welcome' to our newcomers in underlined Italics.

May all 77 of us and the rest of the SR community, continue down the path of sobriety.

The A-Team (Team Augustables)

WhiskeyBent
EightyThree
csaw1112
Chanchiluv
Pieman
hurleymb
rah555
5upersonic
Forwards
Garden Girl
NorthernLass
Bowski
Kevin78
Yophilly1970
Leaflet
markinny
SpaceMandrill
Blueyesgrn
Sweetichick
Zanna
Behindthelens
jodc
FCB45
Pitty
cwood3
sloangrace
nmd
Elicia08
MrPL
Ooona
MidnightRider
kgirl41
capricallia
Quincy
sloangrace
finallygotout
CajunPrincess
emme99
sadsadgirl
Kayak63sc
Optimini
lovehoops
bexxed
skylove2016
nicole36
kgr103110
Findec
Wharf Rat
RikkiM85
StartingOverNW
Julia8
Rogue
bronzie
Elle126
ram8811
alyssa11
Antman
Gretel123
RedBerryJuniper
Martin1
Meshelly
Trees39
PT1
suzii
sunshine72
ChickChick
Vona71
saltybeagle30
Caramel
ThatWasTheOldMe
4givn
HMS
Stale
Pinky1
CountryGal123
Neverthought

You have a bat (SR and your strength), your AV does not!
Keep on participating.............:You_Ro ck_
Old 08-30-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent View Post
Hi

I am join the class. Bit nervous but its worth a shot. Thanks. Ill try to share and be honest. I appreciate the feed back.
Welcome and good timing. I just posted our class list of the A-Team. I edited my post and added you, you're at the top, no pressure though, seriously.

You'll get the support that you need here. It doesn't get anymore confidential, than here at SR.

What are you nervous about?
Old 08-30-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hi

Welcome aboard!
Old 08-30-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Fresh on the road to recovery. I have my annual Football draft tonight. Bunch of highschool friends get together once a year and draft a team. Lots of beer, wings and laughs. Its been going on 15 years strong.

But I need to go sober this year. I wont lie. Im nervous.

Here is my plan. I am going to have a cooler of "drinks" water, Coke, Red bull. Anything but booze. I dont want to say anything or come out. I just want to enjoy the night...... sober.

Any tips?
Old 08-30-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

"@NorthernLass - glad you got back here straight away. Have you had a think what went wrong this time round?"

Deaths, sickness and other stuff going on. Yday I just thought, I want a drink. Hangover lasted most of the morning so that wasn't very good!

I want to ask what your goals are? Are you aiming for complete sobriety or controlled drinking or what?

For me, I have decided I want to drink as little as possible in September. I am not sure I can go completely sober as I enjoy having a drink out with friends or the odd glass of champagne at celebrations. In public I don't drink as much. But what I do want to tackle is the solo binge drinking. I want to get within the NHS guidelines of safe drinking (2/day) but at the moment my app is telling me I have drunk much much more than that the last 30 days so I have a lot of units to undo! This is my project for September and who knows what will happen after that!

Have a good Tuesday wherever you are! I'm off to make some fruit tea. NL
Old 08-30-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Fresh on the road to recovery. I have my annual Football draft tonight. Bunch of highschool friends get together once a year and draft a team. Lots of beer, wings and laughs. Its been going on 15 years strong.

Here is my plan. I am going to have a cooler of "drinks" water, Coke, Red bull. Anything but booze. I dont want to say anything or come out. I just want to enjoy the night...... sober.

Any tips?
Say it's health related if you need to. Or a new diet or something. I've found if I just say I'm on a new medication and can't mix the two that no one pushes.

Of course, just saying no thanks is also perfectly o.k. 🤗😁 glad you're thinking about it in advance! I find that's the most helpful thing
Old 08-30-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Any tips?
Understood! Ok, so...you know you're group. Are they friends or acquaintances? Or a bit of both?

I'd go with your gut-feeling! Two weeks ago a neighbor/friend was helping me at my house and brought beers over. It felt like 50 ideas went through my head in a second, and then I blurted out..."I'm on the wagon". Though, you know these guys 15 years. I only know my neighbor for a year.

I've used lines such as "I'm taking a break", "I want to make sure I see my son go to college and get married". "I've just been drinking too much", "I've been taking a few months of now for years, and now is my time...sorry guys"

Now, I don't say anything, on the other hand, if nothing is mentioned to me.

You got this man!
Old 08-30-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good tip! I might go with im on medication. I know its lying but I might just do it for tonight. I really want to go but I cant bring myself to be talking about me and my stupid problems on a night that is suppose to be fun with the guys.

On that note I guess i will have to have a better plan moving forward. But one day at a time.