# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 3

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-21.html

D
Old 08-23-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Boom! Glad to be closing down tonight sober.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just wanted to be the first to post haha. Welcome to all the newcomers to class and thanks everyone for the kind words.

Thought for tonight... If you do what you did, you get what you got.

By the way, I HIGHLY recommend downloading the SoberTool App on your cell phone. My first stint of sobriety when I was all on my own and unable to get to meetings, I used that app hundreds of times a day for inspiration and motivational messages.
A great addition to our sober tool boxes
Old 08-23-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Goodnight all, hopefully get some sober zZzZzs soon this evening
Old 08-23-2016, 09:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

@delizadee I know this is several posts late, but I'm glad you're still here with us. You have a purpose.

Just checking in for a second before going to sleep (sober)! I would respond individually, weekdays are so busy for me with outpatient in the mornings and then work. But it's probably best to be busy during the early parts...

Guys, I never really realized how many negative emotions I was covering up with my drinking. It's interesting how all these things you've been suppressing with alcohol begin to resurface when you're sober. what a wild ride...

End of day 8. Double digits soon. 😳
Hope you're all doing fantastic...( as much as one can be during this time!) night.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CajunPrincess View Post

Guys, I never really realized how many negative emotions I was covering up with my drinking. It's interesting how all these things you've been suppressing with alcohol begin to resurface when you're sober. what a wild ride...

End of day 8. Double digits soon. 😳
Hope you're all doing fantastic...( as much as one can be during this time!) night.
I know, right? And how we pour them into normal life, to make it something to drink over.

I was thinking that tonight, when a coworker was blitzed at a work dinner and prior to that had been seeing everything so negatively in the staff meeting. How that can be me.

We gotta sit with this stuff, feel it, and find a safe place to put it. I am sure my pain has a real valid cause. But it's so swarmed with alcohol I can't see it for what it is.

Thanks for this.

Day 12 coming to a close.

xoxo

B
Old 08-23-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Morning A-team.

Start of day 15 here! Slept solid uninterrupted 8 hours last night! It felt amazing to be properly tired (opposed to drunk, hangover or detoxing).

Agree that emotions are all over the place still, but can you guys notice a "good vibe" slowly taking over? This is the one I am trying to focus on.

Have a nice sober day everyone!

P
Old 08-24-2016, 12:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Checking in the 3rd thread. Start of day 18 and what a beautiful morning here. Very tired as I had problems sleeping last night but I quit cigarettes yeterday too. Had given them up on my year sober but of course started smoking again as soon as I started drinking. My importance is still with alcobol though, if anything has to give I'd rather smoke than drink. I'd rather not do either but you know what I mean.

Delizadee I have that app on my tablet. I like if you're having a certain thought or emotion you can look through and read a relevant message about it.

MrP yes, definitely feeling a lot more positive. Little things about nature are grabbing my attention; flowers, sunsets, blue skies..what a beautiful world we live in. I feel like I'm slowly waking up from sleep walking through life.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi. Should I join this thread or wait until the September one? I'm on day 4.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Morning A-Team, checking in for day 6 and boy the anxiety has dissipated. I feel like I can cope with the ups and downs at this stage. Although the difference this time is that I'm really trying to be active-journaling, meditating, eating, checking up on here regularly.

I wish you all a great sober day!

Sunshine-you've picked up but don't let it derail you-it doesn't have to develop into a full blown relapse. It's difficult what we're doing and won't be easy or we would have done this years ago. Say the serenity prayer and really try to unpick it and feel each phrase of it. Serenity, courage and wisdom.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Capricallia - I know exactly what you mean! This may be a very inappropriate analogy, but it's like a nice acid trip without the craziness! I'm off for a camping trip in two weeks, will be in the middle of the woods for 10 days, It'll be the perfect place to enjoy this side of things!

Glad everyone is doing well! SSG, loving the positivity and great to see you got a recovery plan in place.

Go A-team!

Mr P
Old 08-24-2016, 01:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's never too late to start the rest of your life Zanna - come on in
Old 08-24-2016, 01:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I think I'll just hover (soberly) and wait to start with the September group. Get to know them all that way
Old 08-24-2016, 01:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's still a week of August

D
Old 08-24-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good point
Old 08-24-2016, 02:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Zanna,

You should absolutely join this thread.

If you read through people's posts you will see what a difference a week makes. You can be in a completely different place by 31st August.

(plus with all the respect to the future September class, the A-team is pretty awesome as you can tell).

Welcome to the class!
Mr P
Old 08-24-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Mr P At work just now, but will post tonight

Last edited by Zanna; 08-24-2016 at 02:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-24-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning A Team!

Welcome to all new members and hoping everyone is doing well !

Again thank you to all of your kind folks who sent words of encouragement re. my deceased sons birthday coming up this weekend. I spent alot of time yesterday on a rollercoaster of emotions, one minute crying because I miss him so much, then laughing and smiling at the so many joyfull memories we shared in his 30 years on this earth. I am so very grateful that I was able to know him and share this life with him, even though I wish it was so many more years.
My husband and I are going to have a lantern release for him Saturday, cook a wonderful meal that he would be proud of ( he was a chef!) pray together and then go to a meeting Saturday night ( Look Dee, I have a plan!!!
Most importantly, I am not going to drink today. I am grateful for the gift of sobriety and Im picturing it as a gift from my child. I would NEVER think to throw away any gift my children gave me, sheesh I still have homemade cards and a clay ashtray one of them gave me for Christmas MANY years ago lol
Im NOT going to throw this gift away!

Hugs and love to all. Please hug and hold your loved ones, life can seriously change in the blink of an eye....
Old 08-24-2016, 03:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Glorious Good Morning ALL!
I am up and enjoying coffee #1... gotta go hop in the shower and get ready for the day!
I am precepting with a doctor today, so I won't have much chance to post, but shall catch up on breaks and afterward!
Have a wonderful, blessed, sober day all my new friends! <3
Old 08-24-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morning augustables,,,

I haven't posted in a couple of days but I finally had a chance to read everyone's posts this quiet morning..

Poona...so sorry for your loss..my thoughts will be with you and your family this weekend during your lantern ceremony. What a beautiful tribute..xoxo

Welcome Zanna and the other newcomers...we are a great team!!

I can't remember which dads in our clAss posted about feeling so crappy as a parent and that your kids watch you binge drink...(and I know you mentioned something also kgirl)...... They say you can't get sober for anyone but yourself but I will tell you, there have been times when I have been sober and then wanted to drink. BUT the thought of what I do to my kids has stopped me. The hurt, disappointment and disgust they feel (and now they are 18, 21and23) has stopped me from going to liquor store....mob joust not a permanent solution bc I am back here ...but. Retain,y an immediate deterent!!!

My last day home before I bring my baby to college tomorrow ......lots to do but I will try to stop in. Day 18 for me and feeling pretty good!!!

Happy sober Wednesday all xoxo