Thank you Dee. Hi.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Thanks Dee.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey love ~ how is your job going? How has your week been? Love you. ♥

And I am much, much better today. I know it will fluctuate, but I am going to keep listening to AA speaker tapes every day....oh, how that helped me last night.

And the thing is, as Dee pointed out, and then a few other people....I am not going to die. I did not realise that the news I got meant what it meant. I know that sounds dumb....but the doc never said congratulations, you don't have cancer. So although I still might, I am going to survive it. Maybe minus a finger (still not happy about that), but hey, that's amazing....it is, right?
Old 08-12-2016, 10:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is amazing indeed.

Work has been tough, but I'm slowly untangling myself from the old job. I've still been fighting some battles that aren't my own anymore, but management has finally begun to communicate directly with my replacement instead of doing everything through me. Took long enough, but I'm finally beginning to cut significant ties. The workload issues remain, but I've said and done everything I could with that, and it's no longer my burden.

As someone once said here - not my circus, not my monkeys.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't know who said it here first....(bet Dee does), but Amy (Impurrfect) says it a lot, and it always makes me smile.

And I know you wish your replacement well Briar, and hopefully someone will realise that the workload is ridiculous in that job. You did your best....in the job, and for the job. You did your best for every client you ever had...every case...so please be proud of yourself.

Still can't wait to see how you are going to decorate your new digs.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening gang....up and at 'em for me.

Thank you for the kind words Arbor. I try. As you know it's a demanding job, yet worthy of the effort. Removing the endless vortex of crap that was my drinking has been the single best thing I've ever done to improve myself as 'dad'. Undeniable, and I hold on to that like crazy when I'm feeling a bit wobbly in sobriety.

And wow, starting the 33rd 'chapter' in the book of the October Class of 2014. It's incredible really. I'm thankful to have been part of the story and predict a happy ending.

Sun's up, so gym time. Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee.

Suze, I am glad to read you are dealing with the news better today. I posted in your dedicated thread, but will say here, again, I am so sorry you have to deal with this. I know how hard it was last time, and so, I know this is harder yet. Glad you are feeling more positive today.

Briar, so glad you are finally free of the old job. I Love the circus/monkeys line. So fitting.

We have had very extreme heat and high humidity here. Of course, that is when our old AC decided to die. We have had it serviced to revive it, fingers crossed, until they can actually replace it. I wont say how much that will cost, but instead focus on how grateful we are that it is an option to do so, and we have it providing modest relief at the moment. We actually have cooler temps today, before another one in the 90's tomorrow.

Daughter was invited to the beach with a new friend. When I say new friend, it is really just new that they seem closer and she got invited to join her for a day at the beach with her family. They have known one another in school for years and always been friendly. Very nice girl and family. I am very happy, because daughter was having some friend drama the latter half of last school year. She has been isolating herself all summer. I've called her on it and pushed her now and again to have a friend over, but she is almost 17, and there is only so much I can do. Sometimes, it can be nice to have a break from it all as well. Anyway, this girl is very low drama, from what I can tell, and husband knows the family pretty well through soccer coaching. Nice people. They picked her up, and had paddle boards atop the car! She is going to have a great day!

We should do something fun with the boy, since many of his friends are on vacations and he has been bored. Husband is still sleeping, per usual Saturday routine. I am about to go make noise. It is after 10 am and I need a shower, and would like to do something today, if just bring ds shopping for school supplies, and maybe a movie and a meal out.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Greetings, Octsobers.

Miss all of you so much.

love to all.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When does school start up for your gang phoebs? And almost 17! Wow. My daughter is potentially interested in OT.....made me think of you as a PT. I was talking with someone at my work that happens to be a professor at the med center for that and have arranged some shadowing. My daughter thinks I'm pretty cool (temporary I know, but I'll take it). Will be part of her senior project.

I recall my family in Newton commenting that they don't have AC. It's hotter up there than here. Strange.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Mark! Kids go back on the 31st(boy) and 1st(dd). They let the 7th graders and 9th graders go alone in their respective schools on the first day. Dd is older due to the cut off to begin school here, so turns 17 in September, but is entering 11th grade. She's still not decided on her future, but has good math skills and likes science. She's well suited to a medical field with her people skills and academic skills, but extremely squeamish. I don't think she can do dissecting. She does not in her HS classes, and becomes very ill/faints with blood draws. OT is a great field! Is it a PhD or Doctor program nowadays, like PT has become? Big year for you!

We were so uncomfortable the 2 days the house was so hot!! So glad we have AC, when it's working. Today will test the temporary fix. Into the 90s again.

Our little trip to Maine is tomorrow. The weather looks a bit unstable due to the humidity, but changes daily. Hoping for the best!
Old 08-14-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Have a great trip phoebe....I looked it up and your destination is great!

My oldest daughter (and me) are also September birthdays. A couple of weeks difference and she would have graduated this past May. I think cutoff here is September 1.

Have fun

Edit to add that I'll bet the squirrels wish I still drank....with no more hangovers I do a pretty good Sunday morning job of chasing them from the bird feeders. What a sight that must be, porcupine hair, cup of coffee sloshing and all.....
Old 08-14-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Went to a reunion of sorts yesterday in Jersey. Guys I grew up with...lots of history there. Especially with the drinking. Had some anxiety about it before hand. Anyways, long story short it was fun despite me being the only one not drinking. No one even questioned it because no one cares. As long as they got theirs in hand all is good. I've had thoughts of an event like this in my head for a while and although they don't happen very much these days I've always dreamed they'd be difficult. How can I possibly remain sober forever? I'm glad I pushed myself through, hopefully gaining more confidence in that the mental game and struggle will someday be over.

Hot as blue blazes today. Gotta stay cool! Good day to the rest of the team.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Went to a reunion of sorts yesterday in Jersey. Guys I grew up with...lots of history there. Especially with the drinking. Had some anxiety about it before hand. Anyways, long story short it was fun despite me being the only one not drinking. No one even questioned it because no one cares. As long as they got theirs in hand all is good. I've had thoughts of an event like this in my head for a while and although they don't happen very much these days I've always dreamed they'd be difficult. How can I possibly remain sober forever? I'm glad I pushed myself through, hopefully gaining more confidence in that the mental game and struggle will someday be over.

Hot as blue blazes today. Gotta stay cool! Good day to the rest of the team.
, dear Arbor.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone - I miss you.

See you soon.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
, dear Arbor.
I'll second that!

Busy day ahead with shrimp boil and guests here this evening as 'going away' gathering for son.

Happy Sunday.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

To add, yesterday's gathering in New Jersey was a big win for you Arbor and I just noticed that it came on the same weekend as your 11 month sobriety milestone! Seems as though you enjoyed yourself too. Mental barriers crumbling.

U da MAN!
Old 08-14-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

That's wonderful Arbor, what a win love.

We miss you too Leigh....and I I was lying in bed wondering where Conquest and BD are. Hmm. Hope all is well, and they are just busy being mums etc.

Love you Mark & phoebe, and all of you. ♥
Old 08-14-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm on vacation too. Lot o triggers, only not so much.

Hope conquest and BD are well.

Shrimp boil sounds fantastic!
Old 08-14-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Clayton Fire currently destroying a town 15 minutes from my mom's house and burning over the hills in her direction. Fire planes keep roaring by overhead. It's happening all over again.