Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 07-14-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Welcome Everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of July 2016

come and join us!

New Thread Continues From Here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-1-a-26.html
Old 07-14-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Woohoo, number 2! go July class!
Old 07-14-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I made it thru Day 1. I kept myself busy throughout the evening and made a huge dinner for myself that kept me full and satisfied. I was more productive than I usually am all weekend and went to bed at 9pm. (I was still exhausted from the hangover the previous night). It was a very nice feeling to have a normal evening again. Looking forward to many more!!!

Congratulations to everyone that made it another day and if you didn't, today is a great day to start over!
Old 07-14-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done, good luck for day 2! x
Old 07-14-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi class! Mind if I join? Today will be day 2. This will be the fourth and hopefully last class I join. I was in the August 2013 class first and stayed sober for a year and a half before relapsing in Dec. 2015. I've been struggling ever since with booze. I'm not going to stop trying though, so back on the horse I go
Old 07-14-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
TTB

July 2016 Support Thread Roll Call

TTB - Day 5 (14-JUL-2016) - Day 5 and feeling alive!

If you want to post roll call this way;
1. Just hit the "quote" button below on the right
2. Remove the "QUOTE=TTB;6039264" including the brackets at the beginning
3. Remove the "[/QUOTE]" all the way at the end of the text in the message box.
4. Add your Name, Days sober and today's date.
5. Add a comment if you want

I am going to do this. Just helps me keep myself accountable.
TTB
Old 07-14-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TTB

Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
Hi class! Mind if I join? Today will be day 2. This will be the fourth and hopefully last class I join. I was in the August 2013 class first and stayed sober for a year and a half before relapsing in Dec. 2015. I've been struggling ever since with booze. I'm not going to stop trying though, so back on the horse I go
Welcome Linne! I know you can't look ahead but your story it was scares me the most...relapsing after being sober a long time. We are here for you and look forward to your wisdom!
Old 07-14-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome linne...this is day 1 for me too. I'm thrilled I made it this far today!!! I too, have had long periods of sobriety. I initially got sober 11 years ago and stayed sober for 6 1/2 years ...then I picked up and have been struggling. I've had 11 months until this week.
I start again today.....I know SR will work for me because it had in the past....and I will keep posting.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

TTB - Day 5 (14-JUL-2016) - Day 5 and feeling alive!
Lovehoops ..day 1

If you want to post roll call this way;
1. Just hit the "quote" button below on the right
2. Remove the "QUOTE=TTB;6039264" including the brackets at the beginning
3. Remove the "[/QUOTE]" all the way at the end of the text in the message box.
4. Add your Name, Days sober and today's date.
5. Add a comment if you want

I am going to do this. Just helps me keep myself accountable.
TTB[/QUOTE]
Old 07-14-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Pope on a Rope

Here we are day 5. Feeling physically like crap but I'm happy to be drug free for 4 days. I'll keep on plugging away. With all you folks help and encouragement I know I can do this. Failure is no longer and option.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 8 here. The longest I've gone in my many attempts is 9 days. It makes me both excited and anxious to think I might break that record (and then some). But I'm mostly just trying to be present and not look forward or backward too much. I will say, getting up early to make my daughter chocolate chip pancakes for her birthday *without* a hangover was such a joy. I am grateful for that. And I'm thinking of those in our class who are struggling. We have all been there. Thank you for continuing to post.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SheWanders View Post
Day 8 here. The longest I've gone in my many attempts is 9 days. It makes me both excited and anxious to think I might break that record (and then some). But I'm mostly just trying to be present and not look forward or backward too much. I will say, getting up early to make my daughter chocolate chip pancakes for her birthday *without* a hangover was such a joy. I am grateful for that. And I'm thinking of those in our class who are struggling. We have all been there. Thank you for continuing to post.
What a fab motivation to celebrate your daughter's birthday, good luck and enjoy ! Xx
Old 07-14-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 5 here. I was talking to a coworker/friend who has been in AA for awhile and he convinced me to buy and read The Big Book. He claims it will help with my relationship issues and lots of other areas in my path to staying sober. I'm not an AA person but I figure I'll give it a shot.
My husband is continuing to be negative about me staying sober, so I'm just avoiding him.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

July 2016 Support Thread Roll Call
Pamel, July 13, 2016, hmmm. lucky day for me...
Old 07-14-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I love this techy stuff!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KC125 View Post
I made it thru Day 1. I kept myself busy throughout the evening and made a huge dinner for myself that kept me full and satisfied. I was more productive than I usually am all weekend and went to bed at 9pm. (I was still exhausted from the hangover the previous night). It was a very nice feeling to have a normal evening again. Looking forward to many more!!!

Congratulations to everyone that made it another day and if you didn't, today is a great day to start over!
Great job, KC!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EBIII View Post
Here we are day 5. Feeling physically like crap but I'm happy to be drug free for 4 days. I'll keep on plugging away. With all you folks help and encouragement I know I can do this. Failure is no longer and option.
I have faith in you!!!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Siesta View Post
Day 5 here. I was talking to a coworker/friend who has been in AA for awhile and he convinced me to buy and read The Big Book. He claims it will help with my relationship issues and lots of other areas in my path to staying sober. I'm not an AA person but I figure I'll give it a shot.
My husband is continuing to be negative about me staying sober, so I'm just avoiding him.
Siesta, we will not be negative about you staying sober...EVER!
You're doing great
Old 07-14-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 3 went really well! While I was still at work, I had a brief, very brief, thought of my old habit of stopping off after work to get something to drink. Not that I wanted to, just old brain connections that I need to sever. No craving.

Still some anxiety but I'm beginning to think that is the normal me. Like I've mentioned in previous posts, I've suffered from it all my life, but it was just normal for me growing up. Great childhood, but I took my cues from my mom who suffered from depression and I'm sure anxiety disorder. Being around someone like that your whole life, you think it's normal.

Relaxing evening for me tonight. I'm going to do a few loads of laundry and kickback and watch a few episodes of Sons of Anarchy. My grandson got me hooked and I'm afraid every time I watch an episode, I'm that much closer to the last episode. See, I told you I'm the anxious sort!
Old 07-14-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are feeling well, optimist.
It will get better and better!

I made it thru day 1 again...but I'm here and posting. I feel good and have a positive attitude today..

I'll be home, cleaning up dinner, watching some tv with my son and bed early.

Have a great sober evening everyone!!