# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of March 2016 Part 22

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-21-a-20.html

D
Old 06-30-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Kiki, Fabela, Sam, 1Step and Ladybug, sounds like you are doing very well !! It's not always easy, but I'm going to keep working with that "Road Less Traveled" thought

Spacegoat, I hope you feel better/happier when you wake up!
Old 06-30-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's a lot of fear in getting sober for sure Thirteenth - it speaks to what Kiki was talking about.

"The key to addiction is not being able to bare to be present in your own life."
I had no real confidence my feelings wouldn't consume a sober me but they didn't.

I don't think yours will either

stay strong spacegoat

congrats on day 29 Missy and day 10 Casey - congrats to anyone else enjoying a milestone

I was terrified I was going to die when I got sober Sam - if it's really worrying you, get a check up and put those fears to rest?

Thanks for the kind queries about my mum everyone - things seem to be going well

D
Old 06-30-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Dee and 1stepup for the kind words re: day 110.

Jaws is the best-selling book from my birth year. Can't see how it could improve on the movie so I probably won't be reading it.

Finally starting season two of Bloodline right now. It's pretty good so far, though there was just a scene with one of the main characters sitting in a nice restaurant while imbibing too much red wine that gave me some flashbacks.

The neighbor's youngest is absolutely screaming right now on the other side of my bedroom wall. Thank goodness they're going out of town for four days starting tomorrow. Best news I've had all day.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's cool, Casey. You haven't talked about their bird lately. Did you kill it?

To Kill a Mockingbird is my all time favorite book, MITA. I like your new avatar.

Good job, Sam, sticking to sparkling water today.

Heading to a mtg. Will check in later.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile Hope everyone is well

Thanks guys. Hah what Bobbie said made me laugh actually as I have done that quite a lot over the years. Just woke up angry whatever was happening in the dreamworld. Went to an evening meeting and was calm by the end of it. They do help for sure.

No bad news Casey, actually just a strange day yesterday where I met this girl who used to live in my apartment complex, we know mutual people etc. So we were talking and went out to the beach, lo and behold she produces a bottle of wine from her bag. She's been coming to meetings recently from another town then going out drinking and getting into all sorts for scrapes. She will be at the meeting tomorrow and wants to go out for a picnic, this could turn into a co-dependency issue if I don't nip it in the bud…

Theres a new guy at the meetings again, he shared how he has a diagnosis for cptsd. I was talking to him afterward and he told me how he had big issues with his mother until he learned about personality disorders. Gave him my number for better or worse, he seems ok though. Wouldn't mind but my day got off to a great start here as I had found this gem before my breakfast even.

I've got an an-gel-watch-ing over me, guiding-me through life's-in-sanities, speaking to my-heart-every-time I leave, showing me ways-to-be-a better me. LOVING ME WHEN I-feel-there's-no one there, leading my life and-cal-ming all my fears, guardian an-gel wash-ing-all my tears, walking beside-me -through-out all my years…
Old 06-30-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey all. Checking in after a crazy day. My alarm went off just as I was drifting back to sleep this morning. Isn't that always the way? I wrapped up my temp work gig today. I must have been holding my body very tensely for the 5 or so hours that was a frenzy of work because this afternoon both shoulders were on fire with pain. I could barely handle PT this afternoon without tears. I took a hard 1 hour nap when I got home and was very stiff again when I woke up. I did a few chores around the house and loosened up a bit. I may opt for a hot bubble bath tonight. What I wouldn't give for a hot tub right now!!

Today my brother shared a pic on FB that I copied and will post later in my personal album of us whitewater rafting the Nolichucky river in Tennessee the first year we went to visit our folks in the mountains of North Carolina. That was a WILD day. Some class V Rapids, I fell from the raft, it was a blast. Wish Kayak was around!! I'll try to catch up later tonight.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

The bird has been pretty quiet lately, Bobbieka. I thought maybe it had died or something because I didn't hear it for at least a week and a half, but I've heard it a few times over the last week. Maybe they moved it to a different part of their house where I can't hear it as clearly in the morning. Speaking of birds, I sure do wish Keets would get back in here.

Spacegoat, I'd do the opposite of that old surf song and run, not walk, away from that girl. Sounds like the beginnings of a recipe for disaster right there, but you seem to already realize that. Glad your meeting calmed you down.

Hope the hot bath helps, clearlyheaded. Have a nice evening!
Old 06-30-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!! Just winding down - it will be an early night (and an early morning) for me.

Casey - congrats on day 110!! I am right there with you working week-ends....my days off are typically Sunday and Wednesday...so not even together.....hooray for hospitality!!

Immri - the puppy is so cute!!

Missy - I love the drink idea - and the name!! Congrats on day 29!!

Ladybug - I am right there with you on day three!!

Spacegoat - sending hugs and prayers your way!! Update: glad you are feeling better!!

MITA - what else would you like to do? I always wonder what I want to be when I grow up....if that ever happens....lol

Dee - I have had the doctor's appointment and blood tests....all normal....just my crazy mind over-doing it. I am glad to hear your mum is doing well!

CH - I hope the hot bath does the trick and you find some relief!

My plans for the week-end (Canada Day for me) are; Friday - work then a Canada Day celebration downtown, Saturday - work and then a BBQ at one of my employees houses, Sunday - family dinner for our nephew's birthdays and Monday - hoping for a quiet, stay at home kind of day....there are a few things in there that pose a risk but DH will be with me so I feel okay about them

Well folks I am off for the night....sweet dreams!!
Old 06-30-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi all. The book of the year my birth year was "advise and consent" which I've never heard of.

I love MOckingbird...a few summers ago I read Mockingbird again, an unauthorized biography of Harper lee and in cold blood. Last summer I read about half of Virginia Woolf, see the pattern?

This summer it's the big book--lol

I haven't read valley of the dolls but it's probably interesting.

Ladybug, are you distressed about the idea that you can never drink? I have felt that, but I think right about now (almost 30 days) it starts to dissipate and change a bit. Yesterday I had a thought of alcohol that was not longing. A nice change.

That said, I'm still pretty upset about work, which is in limbo. I have upped my Wellbutrin to try not to obsess about it.

Kiki--your 4th plan seems very good...where will you watch fireworks?

I don't have a plan yet, but since there are no children here it's less pressing.

Enough out of me.

Onward...30 day chip tomorrow!
Old 06-30-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful and helpful posts. I'm glad to see you all on here....

Finally I get a day off tomorrow! I'm so excited that I think I'll....

Old 06-30-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
MITA - what else would you like to do? I always wonder what I want to be when I grow up....if that ever happens....lol

Well folks I am off for the night....sweet dreams!!
Sam, that's kind of funny. Somehow, I have ended up with a very adult job! I look around sometimes and wonder "how the heck did I end up here?" Haha. Anyway, I think I am searching for something that leverages my skills but also feeds my soul. I guess everybody wants something like that, huh?

I'm thankful for the jobs I've had, though. I'm a fortunate guy in most respects.

Casey I forgot about that bird. I'm glad it's a little bit less of a problem now. I hope you have a good stretch at work. Is it busy over the holiday weekend? I would think its probably a little quiet?
Old 06-30-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sam, I absolutely relate to thinking I have a disease from all the drinking! Today I saw a small bump on my foot and I thought I had foot cancer! Really?!? I did NOT google it! Ha.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You're doing great MITA!!!
Old 06-30-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Casey, have you saved enough for a car yet? :-)
Old 06-30-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dee, I'm glad your mom is doing well. :-)
Old 06-30-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I agree with Bobbie! Casey...did you kill that damn bird yet? Lol
Old 06-30-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yeah Spacegoat, I agree...you should nip that in the bud. That girl doesn't sound healthy for you.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

CH, I hope your shoulders are feeling better!!!
Old 06-30-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Missy, they have a huge 4th of July celebration in my city with music, food & fireworks so I will go there after my meetings. :-)