Notices

Crisis Hotline

Old 06-29-2016, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crisis Hotline

If you tell them you aren't going to, they don't care anymore. They tell you to call back if you need to, they don't understand how hard it was to call the first time. I don't want to, and I probably won't because I am scared, but I don't see any other options. I wish no one cared about me, it would make it so much easier.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Which Crisis Line?

I hate to burst your bubble, but we care here--we all do. If you feel any urge to harm yourself, please avoid the line and get yourself to a hospital or call 911 and tell them whats going on. You need more than a crisis line, you need immediate help and referral to resources that can assist you in the long term.

I don't know what your state is right now, but if it is even an after-thought....please go to a hospital or call 911 and talk it through.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry, the suicide hotline and I am okay, I tried to modify my post but it is too late. I need to write letters to my family first and make sure my furkids are safe and I told the person I was speaking with that and although he was very nice, he pretty much let me go and told me they were there 24x7 and to call back if needed. I will call back if I need to but I don't think he or anyone understands how hard it is for me to call in the first place. Thanks for your response soberaccountant.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I need to write letters to my family first and make sure my furkids are safe
This worries me a lot Emme. If you're contemplating suicide, you really need to let someone know about it like your Dr or someone who can help you find the help you need.

There's a lot of numbers in this link and some reading too.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

Please don't make a lifetime decision based on the way you feel at the moment.

I really believe anyone can find recovery. Do not give up and do not lose hope,. Try something different.

I battled for 15 years but I got there in the end. You can too.

D
Old 06-30-2016, 12:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No name anymore

I have had to wait so long to get my dr. to help me ya no drinking 7 days tomorow. But now I'm sick I overdosed on amitriplin benedryl and nyquil. I an not clear headed it's hard to see. I hate being not being able to drink it takes all my pain and memories away.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Emme My son works in the mental health field, in an acute inpatient unit.
Sometimes patients are brought in involuntry, if they feel they don't want to live, and guarded closely. I used to think this was outrageous. I used to say, if people wanted to die, it was their choice.
He said PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO LIVE..FEELING LIKE THEY DO NOW.
The answer is to get people to a point where they feel better and WANT TO LIVE. Not to just say..oh you feel bad, yes end it while you are in this distressed state of mind.
When we are in a very bad frame of mind, all we want is to escape it. The easy escape is death (but condemn loved ones to carry a burden for the rest of their lives)
The harder, but kinder way ..is to get help to change our frame of mind. In depression we only see the dark, the ugly, the struggles of life. If our mind heals, we can see the beauty and the love that we are blind to in depression.
Try to get help for the reasons you feel as you do. If you had a physical illness you wouldn't just suffer with it, until you died from it, you would try to get treatment.
Please, try everything in your power to get treatment before you think about throwing the towel in
Old 06-30-2016, 12:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Invisible garden, your post came up after I posted mine. Do you mean you have just overdosed? You need to get some help NOW. Ring an ambulance!
Old 06-30-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Invisiblegarden View Post
I have had to wait so long to get my dr. to help me ya no drinking 7 days tomorow. But now I'm sick I overdosed on amitriplin benedryl and nyquil. I an not clear headed it's hard to see. I hate being not being able to drink it takes all my pain and memories away.
I'm really sorry to see you like this again IG.

The link I gave Emme has some crisis numbers for the US too.

I really urge you to look at the numbers and call for help, or dial 911 if you think you're in serious trouble?

D
Old 06-30-2016, 12:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Invisiblegarden, I am sorry I didn't mean for my post to cause problems for others. If you need help, please call 911 or have someone take you to an emergency room. I am wishing you the best.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

are you ok Emme?

D
Old 06-30-2016, 01:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes, the police just left I accidentally called them, well not accidentally but I don't even think it rang. It was a split second decision I wish I hadn't made. Anyway, I am ok, thanks Dee.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you called the police actually.

Believe me - there is life after addiction. You've shown you can be sober, emme - what you need to do now is focus on staying that way

Please do not get discouraged - I really believe you can do this

D
Old 06-30-2016, 01:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You CAN do it emme..feeling like you do IS curable
Old 06-30-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you fripfrop I appreciate your responses, it is hard and I am trying, thank you again~

And thanks again Dee I appreciate your support and encouragement. Thank You again.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

anytime emme

D
Old 06-30-2016, 02:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Same here. It's hard and exausting fighting yourself...but never give in, never give up! x
Old 07-17-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Emme please take care and be nice to yourself. Be patient, I remember getting as low as I've ever been when getting sober. You fur friends need you, your fam, SR, and the whole world okay? Sending some elove your way, did you get it?
Old 07-18-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lorax, I got it, thank you
I am starting over again today. Hopefully this time I can stop for good because drinking just makes everything so much worse. Thanks for your response
Old 07-18-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this emme

D
Old 07-18-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I believe in you, emme!

I always have. Please hang on, it's worth the fight.