Administrator

Class of June 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Continues from here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 06-28-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your milestones tryingintexas caramel and wastinglife - and congrats to everyone no matter what day you're on

Welcome Siesta AAkitty and welcome back csaw

csaw - what kinds of things do you think you can add now to 'get serious'?

letsdance - don't beat yourself up too much - many of us falter in the beginning. What kinds of things were you doing to stay sober?

Tee, I'm not in AA but I know not all groups are the same - maybe there's a group near you that may suit you better?
Old 06-28-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What's up Junes?

Day 24. Looking forward to 25! It actually rained today. Work was hellish, but who cares? It Rained. And I didn't pick up.

I'm getting a little more stamina back. Weights and walking are getting easier. I've lost some bloat. I've saved 166 dollars at least. I see some big changes starting--I love it.

Love and strength to all,

RBJ
Old 06-28-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm on day 8 and would like to join this group of people at a similar stage to me. Its been going well because I've taken the idea of alcohol basically off the table; in other words don't bother thinking about it because its not going to happen. I'm still dealing with anxiety and a few panic attacks plus still exhausted. But each day I wake up a little bit brighter and have slightly more energy. I'm planning on a walk soon to try and calm down the anxiety. Reading on SR I do everytime I get a craving. I'm starting to feel hopeful that I won't be another statistic of alcohol abuse death.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome sweetichick

D
Old 06-28-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not doing so good. How the hell does the day start off so well and then seemingly without notice go to crap?!?

First of all, no, I haven't picked up a drink, but right now I am seriously fighting the urge to go get something...

My day didn't go as planned. Found out the storytime that I planned to take my daughter to is now on Thursdays, so couldn't do that. Decided to take a nap and napped too long so I woke up feeling like crap. And now my husband is (finally) home from work after being there since around 1:30 this morning. Apparently he had to have a phone conference with some IT guy in Israel (he runs a local Internet company) and then reset the servers during down time, and just decided to stay and work his normal workday. For whatever reason him just staying gone started to **** me off the later it got, so I was in a bad mood when he got home. Between his lack of sleep and my irritation, we've been at each other since he got home. So now I'm upstairs fuming and letting him make himself and my daughter dinner. What a selfish brat I am, I know. I want nothing more than a drink right now. But I'm posting here hoping maybe someone will talk me off the ledge. I hate this crap.

Hope you guys are having a better day.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Ambuler, marriage is hard work. Not every day is going to be roses and chocolates. You'll get past it with your husband, but think of how much harder it would be if you take that drink. Stay strong.

Day 9 coming to a close for me, double digits tomorrow! Sinus infection is still kicking my a$$, and I've got a big day tomorrow, so it's off to bed soon.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 4 is now behind me. Bring on Day 5. #feelingstrong
Old 06-28-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Ambuler, Don't drink its not worth it. I am fighting with my boyfriend as well and eventhough he doesn't live with me I'm determined that a fight won't make me drink.
Hey User, you are just one day ahead of me.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

JL2014, glad today is over for you. Your words of love and support to your nephew were inspiring. I'm sure he is grateful and feeling loved. Your TV and junk food plan sounds like a good one. Rest and rejuvenate.

Ambuler, I don't blame you for being angry, but a drink wouldn't help. It would just make things worse. Hang in there.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm fine now. Just needed to vent I guess. Gah...I'm such a baby lol

Hubby is in bed now. I've eaten and of course now I'm fine. Reminds me of those Snickers commercials...maybe I should keep one or two around for when I'm 'hangry'.

Day 6 is thankfully over.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's good to hear Ambuler. Congrats on another sober day.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ambuler View Post
I'm fine now. Just needed to vent I guess. Gah...I'm such a baby lol

Hubby is in bed now. I've eaten and of course now I'm fine. Reminds me of those Snickers commercials...maybe I should keep one or two around for when I'm 'hangry'.

Day 6 is thankfully over.
You are not a baby! I have done things like that. I can be a brat i guess. But so glad u didn't drink. I know when i get pissed at my hubby i immediately think i need to drink. So stupid i know.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have so much anxiety now. Uggg. So does the anxiety get better over time?
Old 06-28-2016, 09:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Letsdance tell me about it! The feeling passes, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it at the time. If I would have gone and gotten something, I'd be drinking and/or drunk right now, full of guilt, and feeling like junk tomorrow. Lesson learned. Just need to ride it out. And eat, I guess lol
Old 06-28-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letsdance View Post
I have so much anxiety now. Uggg. So does the anxiety get better over time?
I am at day 40 and starting to see improvements with my anxiety levels. The first month was rough though. It takes long-term sobriety for the brain to heal. If there is an underlying anxiety disorder, you'll never know until you get sober for a while.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

It got better for me guys - not right away, but progressively

D
Old 06-28-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Phew - I thought you had all disappeared!
Day 8 !!! - Still here Could do with some sunshine to lift the mood but at the minute I am doing OK. Survived last night with no drink, even though I felt really angry with my husband. Walked 8km yesterday, that's all I could manage after the mammoth 18km the day before. Losing track of days, with no job to go to and no longer having my days blurred by alcohol but trying to see the long days as a good thing.
Sweetichick - you are doing amazing - stay with us and enjoy the movie
Ambuler - so glad you didn't drink, think how bad that fight would have been Urgh x
Old 06-29-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well done on not drinking Ambulances

Nice going with the walkin JG

Starting day 14 here and other than being awake in the night for several hours life seems pretty good.

Back to the gym and eating healthily tomorrow, bit worried about that, fingers crossed.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wigglyworm View Post
Well done on not drinking Ambulances

Nice going with the walkin JG

Starting day 14 here and other than being awake in the night for several hours life seems pretty good.

Back to the gym and eating healthily tomorrow, bit worried about that, fingers crossed.
Ha - predictive text! Ambuler what do you think of your new name?

Thank you Wigglyworm, going to aim to go out again today - Day 14!! (Day 14 for you, Day 8 for me)

Why does the gym worry you? Think of that amazing high you will get from all the endorphins.

Thank you everyone for being here - not sure where I would be if I hadn't eventually found this group x x