Class Of March 2016 Part 21

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-20-a-20.html

D
Old 06-21-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Shotgun!

And shotgun is all it's going to be tonight. 13 hours later, work is over and I'm pooped. Going to put on some dumb television and then hopefully sleep for a billion hours. I'm off the next two days. Thank goodness.

Grateful to be sober. Grateful for all of you. Thanks to all of you for keeping me sober one more day!
Old 06-21-2016, 10:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Doh! Just missed shotgun. 🙁

Bobbie, your prayer/verses were so special. Thank you for that gift.

Applekat and Ladybug, I'm glad you're still with us here. Stay close!

Kiki good luck in your program! That sounds so healthy.

Traveling on business through Thursday. Do you know what's beautiful about Fresno, California in the hot summer? NOTHING!!!
Old 06-22-2016, 03:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee.

Up just a little earlier than usual today. My sweet pup, Hana, has to go to the vet to have a lump removed. The vet says it's pretty routine, but we are still all a little anxious. Plus, she's going to have wear that cone thing for a while after. Dogs wearing cones are never very happy. I can't blame them!
Old 06-22-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

wishing you and Hana the best MITA

D
Old 06-22-2016, 04:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck MITA and Hana!
Old 06-22-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Day 2 and have a busy day AND evening planned. Getting out of house, especially during danger zone time (4-7) is crucial for me right now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday! Will check back in later. Love and strength to all xxx
Old 06-22-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hope Hana is ok MITA!!
Old 06-22-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well I am back to day one. I drank last night - not a lot but really the quantity doesn't matter. I knew it was coming and I did absolutely nothing to stop it. Anyways I wanted to be honest but I am not beating myself up this time. I am making it a one-off and I am moving on.

Off for run.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

MITA - thinking of you and Hana today
Old 06-22-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning, class. Checking in on day 17.

MITA - thoughts are with you and Hana.

Applekat, Ladybug, Samantha - Good morning. One day at a time is how we do this. Together. Love you guys.

Good evening, Dee.

My middle of the night was interesting. At 1:00am oldest daughter was driving home from work and was pulled over due to a light on her license plate being out. She needed her insurance card. While I am getting that, she calls me back to inform me she is being arrested due to an unpaid ticket. She wasn't freaking, the police officer actually put her in the front seat and didn't cuff her. Anyway, the point of the story is, I went to police station, paid her ticket, and we both went home. (around 3am) If this had happened before March, I would have been passed out and too drunk to take care of what ended up being a simple fix. I would have had to call my son or my parents to take care of this. So, thanks, class. I wouldn't have been sober without you.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I love stories like that Bobbie thanks for sharing!

Good to see you back fast, Sam!

Day 2. (Or rather, Day 111+2). Sorry, still grumpy about my 2 day choice to slip. I guess today is the only day that matters right now, though.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well I just got back from my run and am now making myself a veggie omelette (it looks more like veggie scrambled eggs....but I tried!) After I eat I will walk Charlie and get ready for yoga....it is going to be a healthy sober day today

Bobbie - I am so happy that everything worked out last night!!

Apple - Today is the only day that matters....everything else is an opportunity to grow and move forward....one foot in front of the other - we can do this!!
Old 06-22-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats Bobbie! Glad you were in the right space. And hang in there Apple--you know how to do this.

Day 21 here and I'm going to have a great day doing something I could not have done before. It's an annual event I usually do with a friend but she is not available this year so I'm going solo...it will require me to drive all day alone but I can do it.

Wish me luck!
Old 06-22-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good luck Missy!! And congrats on 21 days!!!
Old 06-22-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 102. If months were 25-1/2 days long, I'd be 4 months sober today.

Off work today. Thank goodness. Yesterday was a long one (though not a bad one), and it's going to take me a full day of rest to recover. No real plans for today. I might go to an AA meeting, I might not. My baby sister's birthday is tomorrow, so my folks are having a dinner for her tonight. I was originally not going to be able to attend but I can now so probably should. We'll see how I feel in a few hours. As selfish as it may be, I'm leaning toward not going. We're not especially close and I'm tired and kind of want this day for myself. Plus my stepmom is cooking spaghetti, and while she's normally a great cook, her spaghetti is bland and tasteless.

My former best friend is from Fresno, LillianG, and I agree, it's not a very beautiful place. In fact, from all the pictures I've ever seen of it, it reminds me a lot of where I live now. Very drab and hot and color-less. Have a safe trip! And if you get to see Englebert Humperdinck again, tell him I said hi. Though I'm not sure what good ol' Engie would be doing in Fresno on a Wednesday.

Wishing Hana a speedy recovery, ManInTheArena.

Good morning, Applekat. Only two days until I post another emoticon. I'm sure you're as excited as I am. I was gonna go with the Squidward/Dee one but since Dee's back with us, I have to rethink my strategy. Maybe a simple smiley face is the way to go. Hard to beat the classics. Anyways, hope you have a safe and sober day.

Why do you have to get out of the house during those hours, Ladybug? Do you keep alcohol at the house? I know your husband is understanding and supportive of your sobriety, so I kind of assumed he didn't keep any alcohol around either. Anyways, just curious on the reasoning behind that statement as for me my house is my safe harbor. Hope you and Abbybug and Ladybuglet and Mr. Bug have a wonderful day.

Sorry you chose to drink, Samantha. You're right--the quantity doesn't matter. Glad you're sticking with us. Figure out what you could have done differently last night and keep moving forward. And my omelettes often end up looking like scrambled eggs too. That flip is tough sometimes!

Glad you were able to fully be there for your daughter, Bobbieka. Keep on doing the next right thing.

Three weeks is amazing, Missy! Best of luck with your plans for the day. Remember we're only a few clicks away anytime you need us.

Sorry again for not being here more and being more supportive the last few days. I'm sure I'll be around a lot today and tomorrow.

If you haven't checked in today, please do so soon. We're stronger together.

Remember it's the first drink that's the problem, and you don't have to take that first drink no matter what.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congratulations and good luck, Missy! I love road trips.

Casey, I guess this isn't the sister with the son? You seem to really enjoy your nephew. I always had you pegged as the baby. Guess not. I totally get avoiding bland spaghetti.

Have a great day!
Old 06-22-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It is the sister with the son. She had him when she was 18 and my parents adopted him pretty much at birth. (Well, dad and stepmom, but she's basically been my mom for 26 years now since my real mom's mental illnesses fully took her over around that same time.) My sister has had her own ups and downs with drug issues but seems to be doing OK now and has a 1-1/2 year old daughter. Though she bartends in a really seedy bar so I'm guessing she still has some drinking issues, as I can't picture being able to work in such a place without partaking.

I technically am an only child. The aforementioned sister is actually my stepsister. She'll be 29 tomorrow so she's quite a bit younger than me. And I have another stepsister who is 33, who lives in another part of Texas. But my dad married their mom when the kids were very young--2 and 6--so I don't really think about the step- part much at this point. They're just my sisters in my mind unless I want to get technical about it.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

quiet today.

So, Casey, you are actually the oldest of your siblings. You have 1 niece and 1 nephew by your youngest sister. I could so see you as Uncle Casey. 102. Great that you are there, but it doesn't sound as cool as other numbers. You get to celebrate another prime number tomorrow.

Samantha - How are you doing today? I wish I could say I don't understand how you could drink after your scare a few weeks ago. But I do. Keep at it. We do it till it sticks.

Applekat- I know what you mean about not wanting to post your number without the 111. That's how I felt. I'm feeling good now, I hope that the additional tools I am using help me make it over the humps.

My husband is quitting his job on the road. Mostly for me. He is going to do something similar from home. I really don't drink when he is around, even though there was a time I blamed him for my drinking. Messed up addict thinking. 11 more weeks and he will be home. I can make it 11 weeks.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It is way too quiet in here. This new part has been up for 13 hours and we're still on page 1. How's everyone doing?

I watched an episode of Casual and then went back to sleep for a while. Really really hard sleep actually. I feel kinda drained now. One of those sleeps where you wake up feeling more tired than you did before you laid down. I need to get up and start moving around, eat something. So that's what I'm going to do.

I think I'm a pretty good uncle, Bobbieka. And I'm quite happy with 102. Prime or not, it's another step in the right direction. But, yes, I have a bunch of prime numbers coming up in the next ten days. I'll also be moving out of the FM radio station numbers soon. Then it'll be a long while before I get to the AM numbers. But I will get there. Because I don't drink anymore. Period.