# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

D
Old 06-21-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday everyone! Glad things went ok yesterday Countrygal!!!
Old 06-21-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

“Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.”
― Albert Camus
Old 06-21-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Morning of Day 52 here...good thing I have lots of issues and two little boys to keep my mind off of drinking (glass half full damnitt!!).

That doesn't sound too bad CG...the opposite of my case where they invited me to extend my absenteeism on a permanent basis

Sounds like you are reaching out LW and trying to stay plugged in with your family. I too do not like talking on the phone but if you really communicate your needs to your siblings maybe they will make an exception (maybe write them a handwritten letter letting them know how much you need them?). Either way, you certainly have us!!

Thankful everyone is staying the course and fighting through all the emotions, both positive and negative. Our sobriety is worth it.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning Mayflies!
Feeling good this morning after a good night's rest. The humidity finally broke here and my "cankles" are gone! ( ha! LOL!)
Not too much on deck for me today. I am headed up to Northern Wisconsin tomorrow for a few days leaving tomorrow and am pretty excited to just get away and enjoy the beautiful scenery that area has to offer. It'll be a busy couple of days-- shopping, sight seeing, boating, and hiking, which is just what I need.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
--Camery
Old 06-21-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone! Glad things went ok yesterday Countrygal!!!
Thanks to all for the support. My ego is fairly crushed as I couldn't fight back tears at the mtg. All in all everyone was very nice about it all, but it was suggested I get counseling 😳🙄😔 how embarrassing!!!

I'll post again soon...this app works strangely when our thread moves and doesn't let me do a lot unless I hit "reply" to a post that's already up

Here's to unicorn poo today!! 😜
Old 06-21-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SickOfIt79 View Post
“Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.”
― Albert Camus
That's my life all over SickOfIt.....same goes for many of us here I'm guessing.
Thinking of all my Mayflies this evening. Wishing you all some well deserved peace
Old 06-21-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

@Lonleywombat, I'm in the same boat as you, 3 brothers and 2 sisters, non of them like to call, it's always me who calls. They all live in Germany and I'm in the UK so no chance to just pop in. I haven't told them about my drinking / sobriety, they wouldn't believe it. That's why I'm so grateful to all of SR and especially my Mayfly friends.

Still.... WE ARE WORTH IT !!! EVERY D**N BIT OF IT !!! PLEASE NEVER FORGET THAT !!!

CountryGal, well done with your meeting, you can do it gal, you're on your way anyway.

Sending you all some big (((())))))

Just watching football Euro Championship, Germany 1 Northern Ireland 0.
Have to cheer for Germany, my home team, sorry NI

Yesterday I started cutting out added sugar, no cookies, chocolate, junk food. Also started a bit of exercise, has anyone done PIYO before? it's a mix of Pilates and Yoga, no jumping about stuff, which is good.

Have a good and sober evening everyone. Don't forget we're worth it !!!
Old 06-21-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Has anyone read the posts from friends and family of alcoholics? I have today and it's been a real eye opener reading their thoughts etc. I guess I'm still trying to keep the fear alive and wonder what my loved ones would post....sorry for the slight negativity here but my number 1 motivation is my 2 beautiful girls and I'd hate them to have to resort to SR because of me. Anyway, just saying it snapped me out of my self pity............
Old 06-21-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Feeling rubbish. Want wine want anything.....why does the hang over anxiety tease us?
Life as a single 44 year old mummy is so ***** hard. I'll try and put my headphones on to listen to a bit of music......sorry guys I effing hate sobriety at times.....
Old 06-21-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

UGH I am kind of feeling the same Jo. I haven't craved beer in forever, since I was a vodka drinker, but as I was sitting on my patio just now, on the MOST perfect sunny day thinking " wouldn't an ice cold beer taste really good right now" ( of course while enjoying a cigarette) ............................ it sucks.
I wont do it, but man, I can TASTE it.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((joandmelandhan)) - here for you!
Do you have something tasty to eat, some scented hand-cream, a sweet/tart wholesome drink, a pretty thing to gaze at while you breathe, uplifting music to hear while you close your eyes, a happy memory to re-live in great detail...
Old 06-21-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Caramel and countrygal.....thank you for your posts. Just having a bad AV attack. It is a sneaky damn addiction.....when oh when will we have peace????
Old 06-21-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

((((Jo)))) ((((Camery)))) sending you some hugs to make you smile again...
Kick your AVs up the back side and tell them they're wasting their time....

Have a good night!
Old 06-21-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Amen, amen, amen, all!!!

Hang in there Jo!!!

I feel your pain. Felt like my car nearly steamed itself into a bar on my way home.

Sneaky, evil disease, fer shizzles
Old 06-21-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yeah, I kicked it my AV to the curb. The thought went away fairly quickly. I am now enjoying a frozen kiwi strawberry flavored water instead.... almost time to start dinner and settle in for the evening after finishing packing. 4am comes a little early, and I don't have time for a hang over!!!
Thanks everyone!
Old 06-21-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
Yeah, I kicked it my AV to the curb. The thought went away fairly quickly. I am now enjoying a frozen kiwi strawberry flavored water instead.... almost time to start dinner and settle in for the evening after finishing packing. 4am comes a little early, and I don't have time for a hang over!!! Thanks everyone!
congrats, Camery! Major victory! 👏👍😁🤗
Old 06-22-2016, 12:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, have a great and sober day!

I will not drink today!
Old 06-22-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning elke.

Not looking forward to Saturday now. My Mrs has already started making the sarcastic jokes about it.
"Well we are gonna have a great night" she says in sarcastic tone. It's because I told her I didn't want to go to the outside music thing she wants to. Obvious reasons it's gonna be full of drink and drugs and ill be sober and waiting to go home. The only sober guy at a party isn't my idea of fun.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't give up Joandmelandhan - peace is ahead, I promise - don't lose hope

Dunno what to tell you Ben - some relationships fall over at this fence, while others don't - I hope you and your missus can find other things to bond over and bring you together besides booze.

D