http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-25.html
Old 06-05-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Out my tree.....drunk. Sorry. Don't deserve to be here. Goodbye friends xxx
Old 06-05-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Out my tree.....drunk. Sorry. Don't deserve to be here. Goodbye friends xxx
Minor set back jo check in tomorrow we will still be here. I'll be waiting to hear from you. have fun
Old 06-05-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

That's the alcohol talking, joandmelandhan. If you're still drinking, hope you'll pour the rest of it out and get some water and rest. I've seen enough of your posts to know you most definitely deserve and need to be here. You're in my thoughts today...

Welcome to the daily support forum, Mayflowers! I look forward to continuing to follow along with all of you on this journey to recovery. Feel free to drop into my home March 16 class as well. We're a chatty and welcoming bunch.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well today has been better for me I've made some tandoori chicken kebabs and cooked them on the bbq had a drive and and spent an hour by myself in the sun drinking coke. going to a friends house now so the kids can have a splash they don't have school tomorrow. I will be back at work though which makes life easier for me drink wise. Enjoy the rest of your day everyone . And jo please don't let a small set back get you down.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

jo I hope you don't count this struggle as an all or nothing thing. I am like that. It has to be perfectly done or "I'm not worthy" or something like that. Well no one is perfect. I hope if you are still drinking, you can stop and if you can't bring yourself to stop, that you get it on, get it done and get back here with us safely. Tomorrow you won't feel so good about it, but we will all still be here to read your post. Don't stay away - you've done good work and good work that can continue.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What Soulshine said! Jo, if you read this, please know that you haven't ruined anything; it's a huge mistake to think you can't come back to SR because you got drunk once. I did that many times, and sometimes it took months, even years, of self-torture before I came crawling back sicker than ever.

I read it here, and reposted it here before: a slip is getting drunk, regretting it immediately, and getting right back on track the next day; relapse is saying screw it and going off again into full-on crazy...just the fact that you posted tells me you're not ready to go back to the dark place!
Old 06-05-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep coming back. Everyone here has your back. I slipped up too. Then I smartened up and got rid of a few stressors in my life so I can concentrate on getting well. My daughter has finished her detox for Benzo addiction and is going to meetings. I can tell she's doing better even from far away. I stopped the complicated process of getting my house ready for a refinance loan. I was getting non stop calls and would have had to get a number of little jobs done to get a good assessment. I rescheduled a dental appointment. I just reached a point where I could not deal any more. Now the question I ask myself is how I'm ever going to get through this election cycle sober. Just kidding I guess. Politics is probably off limits for the forums or should be, but seriously, don't you British and Australians feel sorry for us just a little?
Old 06-05-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So if a slip is getting drunk and regretting it in the morning a relapse is getting wasted for days on end and forgetting the quitting what's a pre meditated one off drink. That's what I keep having to talk myself out of. I wake up some days and think to myself why not just drink today and be normal and have a hangover tomorrow like everyone else and laugh about how crap I feel like everyone else. Many times over the last month I have talked myself into doing that and haven't ... without posting my feelings on here and having you guys remind me why I'm here in the first place I think I'd have done that quite a few times during may. not at all a criticism to jo but next time you are going to have a drink post about it and see if we can't talk you out of it. Jo and casey saved me on my birthday from Having a few drinks. I'd like the chance to return the favour.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jo, please come back. U do deserve to be here. We have all slipped up but the most important point is u get back on that sober horse so to speak. We r here for u.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's a beautiful day out here. Took my dog for a 40 min walk. Did the laundry and finished the grocery shopping. Looking forward to hubby getting home tonight
Old 06-05-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm in bed now guys (my safe place). Had a talk with myself and tipped a full bottle of wine down the sink. It hurt a little but now I've done it I'm pleased. Thanks for the kind words. I'll keep on fighting the good fight.....downing my 2nd pint of water. Goodnight all xxx
Old 06-05-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm in bed now guys (my safe place). Had a talk with myself and tipped a full bottle of wine down the sink. It hurt a little but now I've done it I'm pleased. Thanks for the kind words. I'll keep on fighting the good fight.....downing my 2nd pint of water. Goodnight all xxx
Old 06-05-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Old 06-05-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks again guys. A bit teary eyed here....in a good way x
Old 06-05-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Jo- don't beat yourself up. You had a slip, not a bender. It will happen. Keep on keepin on. Tomorrow is a new day.
Good for you for pouring it down the drain, and glad you are in your safe place. ( my bed with my blankie is my safe place too... )
Good nite and better tomorrow!
Old 06-05-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
Jo- don't beat yourself up. You had a slip, not a bender. It will happen. Keep on keepin on. Tomorrow is a new day.
Good for you for pouring it down the drain, and glad you are in your safe place. ( my bed with my blankie is my safe place too... )
Good nite and better tomorrow!
Goodnight to you too and thank you
Old 06-05-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Jo, I'm so happy to hear how things turned out for you! My reaction was the same as everyone else's to your first post; you are a Mayfly and you belong here no matter what. I hope if I slip up that I will still be a part of this Class, because we have all helped each other through so much. But amazing of you, dumping that bottle of wine! That is such a hard thing to do...before, I have thought that I should but then been unable to and just drank more. So the fact that you did that is huge, and that you posted here in the first place. Stay with us, and keep posting, no matter what's happening!
Old 06-05-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Great group of peeps we got goin here if I don't say so myself!!!!
Well said Whiteturtle!! We are all in this together........ good, bad, or otherwise as the saying goes.
Hope everyone had a lovely Sunday!!!
Old 06-05-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

((Hugs)) friend! Glad you posted, ditched the wine, and are safe and sound in bed! Rest well and remember that you always have a place with us!