Class of March 2016 Support Part 16

Last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-15-a-22.html

D
Old 05-21-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Shotgun!

Wow, 1stepup! So happy to see you. I literally just typed your name two minutes earlier in my post right above yours. No reason to apologize for being away, just happy to see you back here. Congrats on day 11! Glad you're making a daily commitment to AA. I'm going to a meeting myself in a few minutes. Pull up a chair and stay for a while. We won't bite. Well, most of us won't anyways. Steer clear of Bobbieka if you have ice cream.

Good morning, immri! Could you walk next door and wake Mish up too? All Australians live on the same street, right? Ha! How was your junk food and TV day?
Old 05-21-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm all about the ice cream tonight. But first, bedtime for kids. Watching Good Dinosaur tho - it's sad/scary actually lol yikes.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I'm feeling really hyper right now, guys. You are all lucky I'm going to that meeting. We might hit part 17 tonight if not.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope not

I'm sorry to read you're thinking of leaving Keets. I think you need more support not less right now.

Noone is judging you for relapsing. There's not one of us who hasn't done that in this thread as far as I know?

Welcome back 1step
Thanks for the love Casey - you're a good man :c14:

Kiki I'm, so glad you stayed strong.

I had to replace your paws link tho as it was really an ad for a rehab.
I hope the link I substituted is ok.

D
Old 05-21-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Casey! Think I needed to get my head together and truly commit to sobriety before I posted here again, I was in a vicious cycle of posting for a few days then picking up again- needed to throw myself back into meetings- sharing honestly, working out what triggers my relapses and working on irrational fears I have about living sober without the aid of alcohol.

I'm getting there, think I've been guilty in the past of thinking 'if I post that I'm thinking about having a drink' it means that I'm not committed to recovery, same in AA meetings. Realise that I need to post/share/pick up the phone before I pick up in future....
Old 05-21-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I totally get that, 1stepup. It was a big step in my own recovery when I realized those thoughts are going to come, especially early on but maybe even for a long time to come--what's important today is how I respond to them. Heck, I've read that Dr. Bob, one of the AA founders, struggled with thoughts of drinking for the first two years of his final sobriety. Important thing is he didn't drink and he helped others in the meantime.

I haven't seen it but I'm betting The Good Dinosaur has a happy ending, Applekat. Enjoy the movie and ice cream! Sounds like a nice night to me.

I just called my dad's and confirmed my suspicions that my dark chocolate Magnum ice cream bars that I left there on Thursday night are already long gone. My dad said he asked my nephew, "Are you stealing Casey's ice cream?" He answered, "No, Paw Paw, I'm not stealing. I'm just eating it."

Talk to you all later!
Old 05-21-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Checking in evening of day 6. Jumped a hurdle this evening. My husband wanted to go out for a few hours to this restaurant that has live music. We usually drink beer when we go. I was thinking all these thoughts...should I go and drink, only a couple etc.; should I go and drink nonalcoholic beer; back and forth in my head. I reminded myself that I feel good today. I've been sleeping better. I want this to continue. So I told my husband I wanted to stay home. That is where I am. Home, safe, sound and sober.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for the welcome back message.

Past midnight here so I'll have to get to bed, got my girls staying over tonight so I'll have to be up early in morning. Feels good to be back in the saddle, a guy in AA told me a while ago 'you're either walking towards the pub or walking away from it' and I'm walking away on the right path, one day at a time... night guys catch up soon.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sleep well, 1stepup. Wonderful to have you back!

Great decision, rah555. Proud of you for putting your recovery first today. Enjoy your quiet evening at home!

Don't worry, Dee. I'm just about to leave the house. I think you're safe from starting a new thread for us for at least a couple of days depending on how chatty Bobbieka gets.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow I've got a lot to catch up on, gonna go read now!!
Oh and yesterday was great thanks Casey, only three episodes left of 22 11 63, we loved it and couldn't seem to stop! Going to finish it tonight after I do some of my readings and make some meatballs still haven't finished the night manager though!
Old 05-21-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Kiki - I am doing better, thanks for asking! I hate it when I feel so down. Glad I snapped out of it.

You are right, no one really cares whether or not I drink. It's just out of character for me not to have a drink in hand when everyone else is drinking.

I brought seltzer water (La Croix strawberry pineapple) instead of beer.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey guys, just checking in through my phone while the computer updates..
man, I can be an impatient brat! Anyway, still here and sober thanks 2 U guys...hope you're all having a nice weekend. Will catch up a little later.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Casey that post in the last thread was awesome, love this class

Keets I hope you stick around but doing whatever is best for you is what we care about

Nice to see you 1stepup!!

I've gotta run to the shops for some meatball ingredients haha I'll check back with you all soon
Old 05-21-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yes Casey I loved your last post. Thanks for that. And yup the Good Dino ended happily, but seriously - my kids were scared, and also cried, while my 10 month old laughed at their emotions coming out. These are the kids that have watched all the Star Wars movies and halfway through Harry Potter (yes, I question my parenting everyday lol). Anyway...

Rah - good choice! I do recall now you've grappled with those music/bar plans before. Build your sober muscles perhaps before making it a regular thing again?

1step - sweet dreams and yay for being back in the saddle!
Old 05-21-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi
Old 05-21-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Casey, that post on the last thread really was special. Thank you. You have a gift for bringing people together.

And thank you for the "King Dinosaur" recommendation from Mystery Science Theater! Just finished it. Hilarious!!! And I really liked the short film right before it about Joe from New Jersey driving. Omg I was crying from laughter!!

Next I'm going to watch the ones Thirteenth recommended.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

1step I have been hoping you're doing ok and so glad to see my old friend is doing well.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

G'night folks. Gonna' lay down and watch BBT.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

How old are your kids applekat? You reminded me of a conversation I had only the other day in class that started about censorship and ended in us all debating the right age kids should watch certain things - it was SO interesting, there was a big cultural divide. the 2 students from the US had MUCH stricter ideas about what kids should watch, all the Aussies were super relaxed over it and would/do let their kids watch most things they want, and the 3 UK students all thought the exact opposite of the Americans and that kids watching quite adult things was the best way to encourage them to grow up with 'taste' and an interest in the arts etc, it was fascinating. Oh and our lone Canadian agreed with the Americans, while our NZ student agreed with the Brits. Sorry I'm rambling but I find this sort of stuff really interesting!