Administrator

Class of April 2016 Support Thread Part 4

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html
Old 04-28-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Memory!

So I'm on day 16 today! Hooray!

Seriously, my memory is so freakin bad right now!
Does anyone suffer from the same thing or have any experience on when it will get better?
Ive been sober for months before but never had memory problems as bad as the ones I have now (I'm only 33!).
I don't think I ever drank as badly before either though...
I know things can get worse before they get better in recovery but just feeling a little sad about not being able to remember sh!t.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 27 for me. Hope everyone is having a great sober day.

Kelly: My memory is horrible right now too, I'm not sure if it's supposed to get better..I assume so. Good job on day 16!
Old 04-28-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had 12 days and relapsed. Then I had 6 days and relapsed. I think I just get to feeling so good and energetic and I forget how bad the after effects of a night of drinking are. My recovery plan involves SR and journaling. Haven't really made any sober friends yet. My spouse is a nightly drinker. I will admit that I did t work my plan these last two days and j had a two day binge. This morning I feel awful. I know again that alcohol is a poison and hat I need to keep away. I'm back on day 1 and planning to really work a plan.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Day 4 here. Struggling a bit though. Trying to stay strong..
Old 04-28-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

glad your back Jen and ready to work a plan.

I do that too. I start to feel really good and I think I can handle having a few drinks....and I can for like a day then I am back in a binge.

--------------------------

well I am back. I did a zumba class at the gym. I was the only one there for the first 5 minutes of class then another person came. haha. I am glad because it would have been awkward if it was just me and the instructor. Some of the dances and songs were nutty and unfortunately my neighbor was at the gym and saw me....hahha....oh well. I worked up a good sweat.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I mean Jan! Sorry about that.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jan1755 View Post
I had 12 days and relapsed. Then I had 6 days and relapsed. I think I just get to feeling so good and energetic and I forget how bad the after effects of a night of drinking are. My recovery plan involves SR and journaling. Haven't really made any sober friends yet. My spouse is a nightly drinker. I will admit that I did t work my plan these last two days and j had a two day binge. This morning I feel awful. I know again that alcohol is a poison and hat I need to keep away. I'm back on day 1 and planning to really work a plan.
At one point I had over 100 days. Lately I can't even make it 3 or 4 without feeling like I can handle a drink or two. Everyday that we don't drink is a good day though.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am on day 10. I am in an IOP program - glad I didn't try to do this alone. I'm exhausted.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kellymh24 View Post
So I'm on day 16 today! Hooray!

Seriously, my memory is so freakin bad right now!
Does anyone suffer from the same thing or have any experience on when it will get better?
Ive been sober for months before but never had memory problems as bad as the ones I have now (I'm only 33!).
I don't think I ever drank as badly before either though...
I know things can get worse before they get better in recovery but just feeling a little sad about not being able to remember sh!t.
My memory is bad to and i'll be 31 in two months. Not only is my memory bad but I feel like i'm in a constant fog all day long. I attribute it more to my anxiety and depression than my drinking. The drinking never helped it though. I attempted to make avocado brownies earlier and I forgot to add the coconut flour! How do you forget to add FLOUR?! Like thats like the most important ingredient!! I was PISSED and i'm still mad about it lol. I feel like it's a metaphor for my life. This kind of **** only happens to me. I wasted 6 eggs and bottle of organic maple syrup! I hate wasting food. The crazy thing is I opened up the flour, and then I got completely sidetracked and then forgot to add it to the batter

Congrats!!
Old 04-28-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Congrats to everyone on their successes and for the ones who slipped, it's OK. You acknowledge that you have to get back and work your recovery plan. We've all slipped up one time or another (or more in my case) but you/we still want to stop drinking and know what we have to do to move forward.

For the memory loss questions, I'm almost 50 so that's my excuse (lol!). But seriously, I found during the other times I stopped drinking I was forgetful during the first weeks, sometimes months, but it did come back. Same goes for getting into a normal sleep pattern. Stay strong and believe you can do it!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Anna

some great milestones here guys - and some great determination to stay sober

D
Old 04-28-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

T2F
That's true, better day sober than not. Drinking every 4 days really caused me long term chemical imbalance issues. I was always in a detox state.
Fight it off. It WILL be better. I promise. Pls don't do like I did. If my pain can help others I hope it does.!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi all early hours of day 4 started here, way past bed-time but happy to have got day3 down sober, I'll try to post more tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 4 done, sober, thank you SR friends !
Old 04-28-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Evening class! I hope everyone is doing well and staying sober. It's day 12 for me.

I was feeling a little triggered today. This guy I met in a groupme chat last year is visting NY for a few days. So he takes a snapchat video of my old apartment building and sends it to me! I was like wtf?! He asked me MONTHS ago if I still remembered my old address (that was such a stupid question), and I was like of course! How would I forget?! And then like an idiot I proceed to text him my old address. I never thought he would actually go to the building. Isn't that kind of weird and boderline creepy? I can understand wanting to see my old my neighborhood, but to actually go to my old apartment is kind of strange to me. How did he even remember the address?!?! I thought it was really insensitive to, because he knows i'm severely homesick. He pulled some **** like this the other day. I told him I was a FULL BLOWN alcoholic. I never hinted at it. I flat out said it. He knows about me cutting my finger during a drunken stupor. So the other night he sends me a pint of beer emoji and says "I'm drinking smirrnoff 100", Which is allll I used to drink!! I'm the one who put him on to it! He KNOWS thats my favorite booze. I was just really annoyed, because how insensitive can you be?! He's a douche.

I tried making avocado brownies earlier, and it was a complete flop lmao. I was SO mad!! My focus is really off. I can understand forgetting like a small ingredient, but the FLOUR?! SMH. Wow

Cravings are fine though and I got all my laundry done, so thats a plus.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's some serious alarm bells there for me Tati.
I'd keep this guy at arms length at best.

D
Old 04-28-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Tati-

Yeah that sounds creepy to me and it makes me mad he sent you the beer emoji.

I would stay away. Weird.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I was kinda bored this afternoon so I took a drive. I ended up going to save a lot for a few things and they had marshmallow fluff on sale 4 for $1.00.....so guess who is going to try and make chocolate fudge and peanut butter fudge this weekend? Haha

Tati- sorry about your brownies. I have never had brownies with maple syrup or avacados but they sound delicious.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jan1755 View Post
You got this.