# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of February 2016 Part 17

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-16-a-20.html

D
Old 04-26-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Its not a race. It took me a while to get to the line too. The count is just a number. If its positive you are going in the right direction.

JL. You are doing good by not drinking and hurting yourself or your family as you note. That is powerful. I suffer daily too. I think most of us will for a while. We drank for various reasons and those reasons are still around although the alcohol is not. We have to deal with them in some other fashion. We all know alcohol does not work. Still its hard. I know. I know.

I probably have 25 differing shades of grey, red, brown, blonde and black in my beard. Scottish / English ancestry. Good stuff. I am clean shaven these days.

Day 83. Stress is high again this week and I am still pissy.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

FYI. I have been on a modified version of the cave man (pelio) diet. It works. Eat all the lean protein and vegetables you want. Just stay away from sugar and carbs. I am losing about 1 - 2 pounds per week and I am not hungry. I am spending a good amount of time in the gym. I do yearn for sugar and bread though.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
FYI. I have been on a modified version of the cave man (pelio) diet. It works. Eat all the lean protein and vegetables you want. Just stay away from sugar and carbs. I am losing about 1 - 2 pounds per week and I am not hungry. I am spending a good amount of time in the gym. I do yearn for sugar and bread though.
Yea eating tons of protein has always helped me lose weight too! Only works when I'm sober though... when I was drinking I just accepted the way I was (overweight) and didn't care anyway!
Old 04-26-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lots of posting today! You're right OT it's a good thing if it gets a little quiet in here as we are all actively taking on new challenges in life now that we have our heads clear and confidence high! Applekat! Yeah! And Auggie I missed your posting! 80 days SansaS! Who else? Was it you 360? Great job everyone! I was watching a show tonight and remembered how I would try to hide the fact from my husband that I really had no clue if I had already watched an episode before or not because I drank so much. He wouldn't watch it with me but he'd have been in the same room so he'd say "You already watched that one..." The shame and embarrasment. I'll be happy forever just to know I'll never black out again. Del, welcome back on the wagon, hold on and no falling off! Stay with us!
Old 04-26-2016, 09:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 58, an hour past midnight EST.

Yesterday was, without a doubt, the hardest day of my work year...the time when all the chips fall and will be what they will be.....evaluation time.....ended up being a great day. So grateful for sobriety.
Be good to yourselves!
Lee
Old 04-26-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad your day turned out okay in the end Leezer, well done!

Two of my toenails have fallen off! Maybe drinking made them brittle?
Old 04-27-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Whoa OT...you mentioned you were having problems....that's crazy! I'm sure drinking did make them brittle but to fall off now? Weird!

Do they hurt?
Old 04-27-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
Lots of posting today! You're right OT it's a good thing if it gets a little quiet in here as we are all actively taking on new challenges in life now that we have our heads clear and confidence high! Applekat! Yeah! And Auggie I missed your posting! 80 days SansaS! Who else? Was it you 360? Great job everyone! I was watching a show tonight and remembered how I would try to hide the fact from my husband that I really had no clue if I had already watched an episode before or not because I drank so much. He wouldn't watch it with me but he'd have been in the same room so he'd say "You already watched that one..." The shame and embarrasment. I'll be happy forever just to know I'll never black out again. Del, welcome back on the wagon, hold on and no falling off! Stay with us!
Hi!! Today is my day 80, thanks for remembering me!

Knowing you'll never black out again is a GREAT thing to know! I like the thought as well.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good morning guys!

My hair is on fire second day in a row. But I'm loving it.

How's all?
Old 04-27-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi 360 I'm so proud of you for your accomplishment of 80 days! That is so great!

Glad your hair is on fire with your new business that just walked through your door. Things are looking up hey?

How is your horse doing? I just had the vet out for the first round of spring shots...so much controversy around those right now!
Old 04-27-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amazingjoy View Post
Hi 360 I'm so proud of you for your accomplishment of 80 days! That is so great!

Glad your hair is on fire with your new business that just walked through your door. Things are looking up hey?

How is your horse doing? I just had the vet out for the first round of spring shots...so much controversy around those right now!
Things are looking up for sure. Crazy stuff happening.... This is what happens with prayer!

My horse is awesome. She is so good. We don't do spring shots. Old school lol. We are doing a rattlesnake vaccine this year. Bite is likely so we want to make sure she'll survive it. A client of mine is trying to GIVE me a 7 year old mare, we shall see about that. Our horse doesn't like other mares, she is pretty stuck up. HA.

And yours?
Old 04-27-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My life is right.
At work on time.
No hangover.
No bleary eyes.
A little tired from running last night, but I feel good overall.
Mind is clear and focused.
Answering my emails as they come in.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My boy is good...he just turned 19 this month (had him since he was 3!). I board him now so I am required to do the shots. He was the "poster horse" for Cushings and was completely lame just a couple of months ago but with diet changes and a little more supplements, he is doing so well now! (His feed was changed without me know it so that caused big problems).

I'm finding I'm much more "present" with him now too... :-)
Old 04-27-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amazingjoy View Post
My boy is good...he just turned 19 this month (had him since he was 3!). I board him now so I am required to do the shots. He was the "poster horse" for Cushings and was completely lame just a couple of months ago but with diet changes and a little more supplements, he is doing so well now! (His feed was changed without me know it so that caused big problems).

I'm finding I'm much more "present" with him now too... :-)
Our girl is 21, designated husband has had her since birth, her mother was in the family as a baby as well. She is truly one of our family members.

I saw a PBS show about a blind horse and a goat.... coolest story ever, see if you could somehow find it!

I have a friend that is an animal nutritionist and boards horses, I have learned SO much from her. Their feed can make or break them.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Way to go 360. That is awesome.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello All: OOTT, JL, Del, 360, Optimist, Joy, PHRD, Jobei, OT, Leezer, Dee and all others. With hope everyone is well today. I had to stick my foot into a client's ass this morning but other than that the day is going ok.

Day 84
Old 04-27-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats on 80 days 360!!.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Hello All: OOTT, JL, Del, 360, Optimist, Joy, PHRD, Jobei, OT, Leezer, Dee and all others. With hope everyone is well today. I had to stick my foot into a client's ass this morning but other than that the day is going ok.

Day 84
Thank you!!

And I'm about to do the same.... unpleasant witch!

Glad its good.... are you perked up a bit today?
Old 04-27-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! So close to 100, excited for triple digits!