Administrator

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-7-a-20.html

D
Old 04-08-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Shotgun! Part 8 is great. Heck, that's as many parts as my and Surrender's old May 2015 class had and we were really talkative for a while there, though it kinda petered out somewhat at around the two month mark. We had a little in-fighting drama then. Not proud of my part in that. That won't happen again.

I'll also be in and out of here all night. About to wash a bunch of dishes and then put on a movie.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think there's a chat meeting starting right now Horsetaple

D
Old 04-08-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I somehow forgot to thank you all, and am irritated by that fact. I neglected to thank everyone who responded to my post about getting to a recovery mindset. Bobbieka, Pelagic, Dee, horsestaple, everyone.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm such an American-centric fool that I didn't even think twice about your 6 week summer comment. I thought maybe that was a crazy long summer for your part of the world.

The Jibber Jabberers would be a pretty good description of this group, as well. Or at least of me.
Don't know how to quote from an earlier thread so the above will have to do.

Sydney is about 33 degrees south so has a similar climate to southern California which is 30-odd degrees north. Just to the north of Sydney is a prime wine producing region called the Hunter Valley and lots of citrus and soft fruit is grown on the edge of Sydney. The suburb where Mrs Horsestaple grew up had been an orange farm before being turned into housing lots. Sydney is on the eastern side of Australia so is 'just' across the Pacific ocean from California.

It gets hot in summer: we regularly get days that are above 40C (105F) and it never really gets below freezing in Sydney itself nor do we get snow. There is a range of moutains called the Blue Mountains just to the west of Sydney which peak at about 3,500ft and they get freezing temperatures and some snow although not enough to ski.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Cool. Thanks for the geography lesson, horsestaple. Especially appreciated the comparison to the southern California climate. Very relate-able.

Have a nice Saturday afternoon!

I'm watching Desperado, the Antonio Banderas movie about a revenge seeking mariachi.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Well, my day took an unexpected turn. I was sitting around with little one (NOT putting away Easter decorations) when I got a call from my daughter's school nurse. Had to go pick her up because she was complaining of a tummy ache and was running a fever. My stupid AV actually tried convincing me that I should run to the liquor store before picking my daughter up. WTF?!! It's pitch was I should get something, just in case, because I could be in for a long night. I'm really starting to wonder if my AV actually has a brain? Anyway, I didn't stop and I picked my daughter up right away. Good thing I did because about 15 minutes after we walked through the door she started throwing up Poor thing must have what I had last weekend. She has been throwing up for 5 hours and just now fell asleep. She still has a fever and keeps crying about the tummy pain. Hope she is able to sleep tonight. I, of course, will probably be up all night worrying about her. I am just so grateful that I am sober and able to fully be here for her.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank goodness you checked in, LB, and sober! Whoop! Good luck with your daughter. That's the worst!! I've definitely had AV whisper BS like that, too.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Aw, poor lil' Ladybuglet. Hope she gets to feeling better quickly. She's in my thoughts and prayers. As are you, Ladybug.

I still think there's some merit in my idea of just leaving all your holiday decorations out all year long. Kinda like those people who never take their Christmas lights down, only inside the house instead of outside. In a few years, you'd just have layers and layers of decorations to remind you of holidays past. You should also get 10 or 15 housecats to help complete the look.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Man, this class is so active, it's hard to keep up (and that's a good thing!)

Gotta be up early so I better get some sleep.....just wanted to check in. Hope everyone is doing okay
Old 04-08-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Cool. Thanks for the geography lesson, horsestaple. Especially appreciated the comparison to the southern California climate. Very relate-able.

Have a nice Saturday afternoon!

I'm watching Desperado, the Antonio Banderas movie about a revenge seeking mariachi.
I appreciate that most posters on here are American so try to relate stuff back to that.

Australia is entirely metric so I end up looking up temperatures and stuff for imperial measures. Actually that's the one thing I simply don't understand about the US: why you've kept the imperial system. Metric is so much easier. I'm from the UK where they use a bizarre mish-mash of imperial and metric which is even stranger than the US. The weatherman on TV will talk about a place getting 6 inches of snow and it being -4C!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Aw, poor lil' Ladybuglet. Hope she gets to feeling better quickly. She's in my thoughts and prayers. As are you, Ladybug.

I still think there's some merit in my idea of just leaving all your holiday decorations out all year long. Kinda like those people who never take their Christmas lights down, only inside the house instead of outside. In a few years, you'd just have layers and layers of decorations to remind you of holidays past. You should also get 10 or 15 housecats to help complete the look.
Thanks, Casey, you made me laugh (which I needed).
Old 04-08-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Don't worry about keeping up, Purplrks3647. Just keep checking in when you can and remember we're here if you need help. Congrats on another sober day!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hope you have some sweet Channing Tatum-filled dreams tonight Purplr.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by horsestaple View Post
Actually that's the one thing I simply don't understand about the US: why you've kept the imperial system. Metric is so much easier.
I agree with you on the metric system, but I wish that was the only thing I didn't understand about the US. I'll leave it alone at that as politics do not belong here at all, except to say that not paying any attention to news, especially presidential election news, has been an important part of my early recovery plan so far.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ladybug, I hope your little one is able to sleep all night and feels better soon. That's horrible. Poor thing.

Casey... Had to smile at your post. I have a neighbor that never takes their outside Christmas lights down. And, as a matter of fact, I think they have about 15 cats too!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The AV has been screaming at me tonight. That hasn't happened in a long time. It sure doesn't help when I come home from work and the Hubby is bombed. How nice he took the afternoon off to get work done around the house and decided to drink all afternoon instead. It's nights like this that I cannot stand. Just coming on here makes me feel much better though.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I agree with you on the metric system, but I wish that was the only thing I didn't understand about the US. I'll leave it alone at that as politics do not belong here at all, except to say that not paying any attention to news, especially presidential election news, has been an important part of my early recovery plan so far.
Yeah, America seems to have a particular breed of politician, most of whom would be unelectable in Europe and Aus. Having said that most European and Aussie pollies would be unelectable in the US!

We have some right nutjobs here too. The 'Motoring Enthusiast Party' has a couple of seats in the Senate.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Surrender2win View Post
The AV has been screaming at me tonight. That hasn't happened in a long time. It sure doesn't help when I come home from work and the Hubby is bombed. How nice he took the afternoon off to get work done around the house and decided to drink all afternoon instead. It's nights like this that I cannot stand. Just coming on here makes me feel much better though.
Tell that AV to go kiss your husband's drunk behind, that you want no part of it. (You want no part of the AV, I mean. No comment on your want of his behind. That's between you and him.)

Are you hungry? Are you staying hydrated? Easy to miss both of those triggers.

I know you won't drink, Surrender2win. You're doing too good to want to go back to that way of life--you've got an example right there in your house of where it leads. Keep posting as much as you need to. We're here for you!