Administrator

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 8

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-7-a-20.html

D
Old 04-05-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi All!

So I survived opening day sober... it was interesting to see through sober eyes. Everyone was not drunk like I used to believe. My husband randomly told people I wasn't drinking which made me feel weird but I think he was doing it because he was proud, so I just let it go. I'm kinda getting used to that awkward moment after you tell someone who is drinking you don't drink. I even was able to loosen up and get a little silly. I'm finding it takes me a while to get comfortable in social settings. I'm secure with being sober and awkward, sure beats being drunk and stupid!

I have been feeling very low energy and emotional in a good way. I'm thinking PAWS. Just trying to ride it through. I made some more coffee hoping it would help.

Still working on the internal stuff... Found a book that I can relate to- May Cause Miracles. So far it has talked about facing your fears and learning to replace the fear with love. Slowly retraining my brain. I wanted to share a realization I had the other day. Nothing in my life has changed except me not drinking and it is like I have the life I had always wanted when I was drinking. I was so caught up in drowning out everything I thought I didn't have that I didn't see I already had it. May just be pink cloud talk but it's good stuff��

Sunflower congrats on your 90 days! Good luck with the interview! You got this!!!

Welcome Pooh and congrats on 90 days! We are huge Winnie the Pooh fans in my home!!!

Thump you have raised your son to be a good man. I know you must be very proud!

((((Everyone Else))))
Old 04-05-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcomes to the class x