D
Old 03-22-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oh wow! that's wild., part 4 already.

gonna go catch up with what i missed overnight
Old 03-22-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

HUGS to all of you back here on day 1...we've all been there - many of us more than once - and know what you are going through. One day at a time - do whatever you need to do to make yourself comfortable (except drinking of course).
YOU CAN DO THIS!
Old 03-22-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My concerns

As I wrote before since I started to drink after 2 whole years I am in the mood of "You drank after 2 years so now why go through all this again? You can always relapse like you did before." And I don' t know how to deal with this.
My second and worse dilemna is this: The last 3 months during which I drank (Dec 15-March 15) most BUT NOT ALL my drinking episodes ended up in a catastrophe. So when I am sober now I am missing those times during which I drank moderately and didnt mess up.
So what do u suggest? I am kind of miserable. I want to be able to drink like other people and enjoy the tipsiness etc...
Old 03-22-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I'll be day one tomorrow, for the nth time. Slipped today but tomorrow is a new day and failing doesn't mean failing forever, I hope. Everyone here seems very nice.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Holy cow! I CANNOT stay caught up with you guys! Haha. I was only away for a few hours & a new thread has already been started. :-)

I had a good, productive SOBER day. I walked 5 miles with my dog, got some work done in our yard, ran some errands, ran my kids around, cooked dinner & am finally catching up on the posts!

I had a pretty bad craving around 4:30 this afternoon. I remembered to "think through the drink"! I stopped what I was doing & thought about how drinking would just make me miserable, cause more consequences etc. After a few minutes the craving went away. Thank God.

I hope everyone is doing well!!!
Old 03-22-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post
As I wrote before since I started to drink after 2 whole years I am in the mood of "You drank after 2 years so now why go through all this again? You can always relapse like you did before." And I don' t know how to deal with this.
My second and worse dilemna is this: The last 3 months during which I drank (Dec 15-March 15) most BUT NOT ALL my drinking episodes ended up in a catastrophe. So when I am sober now I am missing those times during which I drank moderately and didnt mess up.
So what do u suggest? I am kind of miserable. I want to be able to drink like other people and enjoy the tipsiness etc...
Hi, I struggle with this too. I have episodes where I don't entirely remember my nights, or I look at my bank statements and I've spent a hundred pounds that i can't afford, or when I've drunk messaged everyone of my friends who politely pretend they don't know, but other nights, I get buzzed and feel good and those are the nights I remember when I try to quit. I'm trying...more than i've tried before now, and I think it's just remembering how low the lows are. For me, at least, I know I can't always control how much I drink...and maybe that's enough to say I can't drink.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tumbleweedgirl View Post
Hi everyone I'll be day one tomorrow, for the nth time. Slipped today but tomorrow is a new day and failing doesn't mean failing forever, I hope. Everyone here seems very nice.
Welcome tumbleweedgirl! You haven't failed if you are still trying. I'm glad you joined our class! There is tons of support here!!! I'm sure others will be along shortly. I just completed day 3 so not much advice except never give up! :-)
Old 03-22-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mia1972 - i miss the times i drank 'normally' and could enjoy the tipsiness too, but they were so few and far between the absolute chaos i caused the other 90% of the time doesn't really feel worth the risk. i'm not sure what to suggest as I miss those feelings too, apart from sticking around here and just committing to not drinking today, without worrying about the future too much. i get caught up in 'whats the point, i've relapsed so many times if i do again why put myself through this now' but in the end i do believe it's a choice to drink again, so we dont have to be back there again

tumbleweedgirl - welcome!!!!

KiKi - i cant keep up either! i love how much everyone's posting, it's so supportive in this class, amazing. i'm glad you got through that craving!
Old 03-22-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post
As I wrote before since I started to drink after 2 whole years I am in the mood of "You drank after 2 years so now why go through all this again? You can always relapse like you did before." And I don' t know how to deal with this. My second and worse dilemna is this: The last 3 months during which I drank (Dec 15-March 15) most BUT NOT ALL my drinking episodes ended up in a catastrophe. So when I am sober now I am missing those times during which I drank moderately and didnt mess up. So what do u suggest? I am kind of miserable. I want to be able to drink like other people and enjoy the tipsiness etc...
Hi Mia and Welcome! I don't have much advice for your situation because I'm extremely early in sobriety but I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the March Class.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Welcome tumbleweedgirl! You haven't failed if you are still trying. I'm glad you joined our class! There is tons of support here!!! I'm sure others will be along shortly. I just completed day 3 so not much advice except never give up! :-)
I admire you! That's amazing. I'm really glad I discovered this place. It's so nice to have people I can talk to without feeling judged. You're all wonderful
Old 03-22-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I admire you! That's amazing. I'm really glad I discovered this place. It's so nice to have people I can talk to without feeling judged. You're all wonderful
I'm glad you're here too. No one ever judges here. We are all just trying to stay sober & fighting for better lives. We are stronger together. :-)
Old 03-22-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I went clothes shopping for the first time in forever, and holy crap! All I could do was continue to scold myself for all the drinking over the years - pants not fitting, saying "Yeah, go get another bottle of wine, fatty!" Thank goodness I didn't, though.... but wow, it was a good source of motivation....now I just need to get on a treadmill and never stop! Sorry for venting....glad you guys are here
Old 03-22-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Hey everyone! I went clothes shopping for the first time in forever, and holy crap! All I could do was continue to scold myself for all the drinking over the years - pants not fitting, saying "Yeah, go get another bottle of wine, fatty!" Thank goodness I didn't, though.... but wow, it was a good source of motivation....now I just need to get on a treadmill and never stop! Sorry for venting....glad you guys are here
That's one of my motivations too! Healthy nutrition for my body instead of alcohol and empty calories. Even if not skinnier, I want to be healthier! Good for you for going clothes shopping!
Old 03-22-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've looked through the guidelines and stickies, but just wanted to make sure to not trigger anyone - are there any guidelines against posting about being drunk and asking for advice on these threads? Sorry for the question
Old 03-22-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

Had a small relapse after 74 days of being sober. The longest I've gone in 10 years. I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I thought I was going to have one drink, well that didn't happen. I drank a 12pk, smoked a half a pack of cigarettes and I think i smoked some weed but I don't remember. I don't remember a lot of that day. I do remember how I liked being sober for a long period of time and I missed it. I'm going to be better than last time. Just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-22-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hate to disagree with you Jack but that doesn't sound small.

I'm all for not beating yourself up but I don't think you're doing any favours minimising things either?

What are you planning to do differently this time?

D
Old 03-22-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
I totally relate to the weight gain Purplrks! I'm in the same boat & it's all because of alcohol. Alcohol is all sugar & not only causes weight gain but drastically slows the metabolism.

The good news...if we stop and stay stopped (with some healthy food & exercise) the weight will fall off! I can't wait!!!

But for now, I may have some ice cream. Lol
Old 03-22-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I've looked through the guidelines and stickies, but just wanted to make sure to not trigger anyone - are there any guidelines against posting about being drunk and asking for advice on these threads? Sorry for the question
Dee??? Any advice for tumbleweed?
Old 03-22-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I think I am going to refrain from any further posting tonight by shutting my computer off. I hope I'll be back tomorrow with a new sense of purpose. Or at least to talk to everyone here about how to improve.