Administrator

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 3

part 2 is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 03-17-2016, 11:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee,

Hi all day 6 here I think. It's all hectic with work at the moment so im losing track of days.

Hope you're all well, have a fantastic sober day wherever you are.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Jim - keep it going

D
Old 03-17-2016, 11:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 10
Doing fine
Onwards and Upwards!
Old 03-17-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
South Asian

The 12th day. In a pretty foul mood. Not sure why. One of those moods where you feel a few hours of fun is worth all the unpleasantness afterwards. We're all on the road to nowhere. Deep breath. Glass of ice cold water. It will pass. Have a great weekend my SR friends.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

One of those moods where you feel a few hours of fun is worth all the unpleasantness afterwards.
it's not tho - on any given day you'll find several threads that prove that.

I recommend reading the main Newcomers forum every day for that reason alone

D
Old 03-18-2016, 12:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome BeanieBaby, SillyBoy, ClearlyHeaded. Glad you have joined us here

Morning all, happy Friday!
Old 03-18-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, and welcome to the new March group members. Does anyone have any idea how many of us there are? I am just now back home after being away since Sunday. I manage to check in on my phone a bit, but it's not the same thing as having the nice full screen on my Mac so I kind of lose track of who is who. I will spend some time this weekend trying get caught up on the posts from the past few days.

The conference was fun and I managed to stay sober. It was easier than I expected but I think that's because I was pretty focused on it. For me the real tricky times are the quiet moments at home when I kind of let my defenses down. Need to be ever vigilant!!

I hope everyone has a great day and thank you all for being here.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening all March members! Starting day #11 and feeling pretty good. This will have to be a quick check-in for me because I'm running way too far behind this morning. Slept later than usual. On the rollercoaster it seems... either I can't sleep, or I sleep too much.

I'll check back later...
Old 03-18-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a peaceful productive sober friday & weekend
Old 03-18-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sign me up for class. Day 3 here and feeling reasonably calm.

Stay calm, stay strong, carry on. You are all courageous and an inspiration to me.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Morning guys, just checking in. I need to be very careful today because it's the start of the weekend. I already prayed & read my meditations this morning & I am going to be sure to a step ahead of alcohol all day!

I hope you are all doing well! Has anyone heard from Keets? I hope she's ok.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Start of day 2 here. I slept reasonably well once I fell asleep. Tired, but sober
Old 03-18-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Day 5 and I will need to be on guard all day as Fridays tend to be hard for me. I don't really have any triggers this weekend (other than a snowstorm on Sunday) and I have a very busy Sat planned with my family so I won't want to be hungover tomorrow. Nevertheless, I don't trust my AV. Last weekend it just took over and before I knew it I was on the way to the liquor store.

Going to try and stay busy today and not even argue with my AV. I find ignoring her and telling her where to go is more effective

Will be close to here all day. Wishing everyone strength and good thoughts as we head into the weekend. Just keep playing the tape forward ....
Old 03-18-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome sillyboy, clearlyheaded and Pelagic263!!! This is a great group
Old 03-18-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Morning guys, just checking in. I need to be very careful today because it's the start of the weekend. I already prayed & read my meditations this morning & I am going to be sure to a step ahead of alcohol all day!

I hope you are all doing well! Has anyone heard from Keets? I hope she's ok.
Hi Kiki, I meant to say welcome back to you This will be me today. Let's stay sober together ok?
Old 03-18-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Thanks for the new thread D xxx
I've just re-read all three parts of Class of March from start to finish. It's so lovely to see the unconditional support we give to one another.
Oh and KiKi...I'm so happy you decided against radio silence for 30 days. Day 1 or Day 30 we need you with us xxx
Old 03-18-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great to see everyone. Love this group. Doing well on day 17. You guys are amazing.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good Morning

Things were very crazy this morning so I will share. My husband tore his menicus a month ago and he is having surgery next week. He went to the doctors yesterday to do a pre op and the doctor prescribed him Percocet. I can't tell you how weird it made me feel. Everything went thru my head about how far I've come, how having the medicine in the house is very stressful but he refuses to accept his wife was an addict(or he just won't say it out of respect). I think this is some type of test to see how strong I am. It's only been less than 2 weeks so this is challenging but I am very busy today so I am staying focused. Hope everyone is doing GREAT today and Happy Friday!
Old 03-18-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Have a great sober weekend March!

Tonight I get to see my son for the weekend. first time in 6wks. Super psyched. Just another casualty of alcoholism: divorce, joblessness, bankruptcy.

I am thankful God made me experience what I did. Now I am glad to be alive and I appreciate this day that had been gifted to me. Sober.

Quick story. My fiancée's engine blew the other day. We're already broke and now there's a $200 car payment for a car that is worth $500 scrap. Stressful situation. One that would of put me into a tail spin when I was drinking.

Early in my quit, it would have taken some resolve to shut my AV down too. Heaven forbid my GF would have suggested getting a drink.

Today, drinking is not even a thought. Although stressful, I can MANAGE the stress. Understand it is what it is. All we can do is make smart decisions as we move forward.

If I was still drunk, there's no way I'd be making wise decisions. Then, I'd have regret and years of living with making a wrong financial move. Which, of course, would lead me to drink more.

It's a never ending cycle. Drinking causes anxiety and depression. That's a fact Jack. Yet...we drink to relieve stress and depression! That's the ultimate death grip if you ask me.

As you guys and gals fight the cravings and triggers early in your quit, situations like that may seem unbearable. It's important to keep talking to yourself. BELIEVE that drinking will only make things WORSE. BELIEVE that cravings WILL go away.

The way you talk to yourself now not only determines how successful you are now, but sets the stage for the future.

Remind yourself constantly and get it engrained deeply in your mind. You ARE sober. You ARE making better decisions. You ARE setting the stage for a better life.

You ARE quit!