# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 2

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-one-20.html

D
Old 03-11-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am proud of myself. For posting here and reading here and being open to the suggestions that ended up working and put me back in a place to focus on my best interests, Not Drinking!

I just had to get out of my own head for a minute!

Have a great day everyone, or night, wherever you may live.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 7. Have a happy sober Friday all.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
I am proud of myself. For posting here and reading here and being open to the suggestions that ended up working and put me back in a place to focus on my best interests, Not Drinking!

I just had to get out of my own head for a minute!

Have a great day everyone, or night, wherever you may live.
"Never go inside your head without a flashlight and a friend." - Guest on the Shair Podcast.

Have a great Friday everyone.

MITA
Old 03-11-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nmd

glad you made it goingnowhere! :-) good habits are worth reinforcing and will become second nature with time.

Kind of a rainy day here, muddy paw season for our dog. Starting to think about what I want to start in the garden this year, but I know it's way too early to start anything indoors. Radishes and greens do well in the cold so I might start a patch of those this weekend.

Not a whole lot going on here otherwise. Entering my second sober weekend, feelng good but knowing I might need help. There is a very active weekend thread in the main newcomers forum for anyone who needs it. Chat gives me anxiety, so I personally don't logon to the SR chat or know when it is busy.

Stay close to sr if you need it! Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-11-2016, 04:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nmd

Congrats on a week 5upersonic!!
Old 03-11-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

I was so busy yesterday (which is a good thing for me) I didn't have a chance to post. Just caught up on everyone's posts and am so glad and encouraged to hear everyone is doing well. Day 5 and, although I am feeling strong right now, I am very worried about tonight and what my AV will try to do. My 6 yo daughter is going for a sleepover at my Mom's. Big trigger for me. I have a 15 mo, but once she goes to bed .... I am thinking I should just tell my husband now that I am worried about it because then he won't drink, which will kill my AV because I know I won't be able to "get away with it" if he isn't drinking. He will notice (and smell it) right away if I try to sneak it. Ugh, the craziness of this addiction. It is so exhausting just writing this all down.

My daughter is off school today so going to try and do something fun. The weather has been like summer here, but today isn't looking as nice and is supposed to be cooler.

Will stay close to here today as I DO NOT want to get ambushed my AV again tonight. Reading all of your posts and reminding myself how tomorrow will look helps keep me focused.

Have a great Friday all
Old 03-11-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

FABL - I'm on Day 5 as well so let's stay on track together this weekend. Your last post about what a night of drinking looks like for you ... the sneaking around, etc is exactly like my drinking nights. It just feels so deceitful and makes me feel horrible about myself. All for just an hour or so of that "relaxed" feeling?? I think, for me, the anticipation of drinking is a big lure. Why I'm not sure.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Day 4 here. I feel much better than I did on Tuesday... I haven't missed work in a very long time due to the "flu" a/k/a hangover. Argh... I hope it never happens again. These are the things I must remember when the AV starts screaming "Oh, come on... just have one... it'll be ok.." I can't do it and I know it. Weekends for me are tough as well, especially when the hubby continues to drink. But, I have to remember that I'm doing this for me and not him. Hopefully, someday, he'll join me. I will keep busy and log onto SR when the going gets tough.

Have a great day/evening everyone! Stay Sober... one day at a time.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, not feeling vey confident today. Friday's are really hard for me and on top of that I have to talk to my therapist tomorrow(he doesn't know I'm an alocholic) I guess it won't be anymore scary that going to an aa meeting.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Grats on a week 5upersonic!!! That's a huge accomplishment.

Keets, I like your approach. It won't be scary. The therapist is there to help you right?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!! I'm on Day 3. Had a rough day 1 and a very busy day 2 (but it was awesome).

Thanks to everyone for the posts and your stories. We can do this together!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to a new thread!

We're heading into another weekend. Be sure to strengthen your quit by preparing. Don't go blindly into weekends for a while. And don't go in with only the same plan you used last weekend. It's best to keep adding to your plan for a while.

My tip of the day:
Keep a trigger log.
I used the notes app on my phone to create a few notes.

I found it useful to have one note as a place to quickly add a trigger along with what it triggered: craving, depression, anxiety.

Then I had a note for each major trigger where I would drop in ideas for prevention / resolution.

That process helped me in several ways.
- I felt in control for starters. And as you may guess by my avatar, that provided a bunch of relief all by itself.
- It reinforced the idea that what ever I was feeling was temporary and I just needed to tough it out a little bit.
- forced me to keep finding different solutions. Continuously adding new tools was probably THE most important thing I did.
- It made each craving, each WD symptom, each depressive or anxiety state, much more manageable.
- It helped a ton by "moving" something from my mind to "paper". It allowed my mind to move on quicker to other matters.

You guys and gals are doing great. I love to see the sharing that goes on in here. SR is an awesome community, isn't it?

In case you did not already know, SR has live chat meetings Tuesday and Friday evenings @ 9pm eastern. It's a great place to share and learn. And an awesome place to be on a Friday night. My new work schedule prevents me from attending any more, otherwise you'd see me there! Great bunch of people.

Have a great weekend, and QUIT ON!
Old 03-11-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

Just checking in on day 3. Early sobriety is so hard. I just need to stay the course & not drink no matter what.

I've been super cranky, tired, anxious & depressed and I know it's all early sobriety stuff. I just want my life back. I just want to have energy again. I just want to be happy again.

I believe that addiction is truly the devil. God is 1,000,000 times stronger than the devil so I today...for the next 24 hours...I will use His strength to help me stay sober.

Sorry to sound so depressed....I'm sober but this is hard.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 10 here. Since (obviously) I have addictive tendencies, I have decided I am making sobriety my new addiction. Have been reading nonstop, made my "Recovery Plan" binder, and will start working out and running again this weekend. I am also becoming addicted to SR. I love the posts, the encouragement and especially the non-judging. Love you all, have a great weekend!
Old 03-11-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of the great advice Incontrol.

Kiki, you got this. Tomorrow will be easier.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hang in there Kiki. P.m. me if you like. I'm here under 12, feeling good, not bloated, prep dinner and am off to work. Hope everyone has a good
Old 03-11-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 12 here. Any sober date buddies? Leap year day. I post in February too.

I feel stronger than any other time before, BUT I have a few things going on causing me to feel angry, so I'm treading carefully this afternoon and evening because I know how fast AV can take over.

Ladybug and FaBL I can totally relate. I'm trying to immerse myself in my kiddos right now to avoid any secret drinking. But then.....man can that cause it's own stress and feelings haha. I haven't yet wrapped my head around a good bedtime routine for 6, 4, and infant, often without hubby. Plus - oh yeah - he's leaving town Sunday - Wednesday which is a big temptation for me.

Let's all stay close!

Any good movie recommendations? Preferably on Netflix or Amazon so I don't have to rent?
Old 03-11-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
South Asian

Day 5 draws to a sedate close. This morning a deep melancholy enveloped me. I felt tearful, but didn't cry. Just sad. Went to work. While typing on my laptop, my left hand started to shake quite uncontrollably - I could hardly type. Work related stress, after effects of the last binge, anxiety over a bad result at work - who knows why. I soldiered on. Finished the work. Had lunch. Worked some more. The rest of the day was lovely. With my family in the evening. Calm and sober. Engaged. Focusing on them. Not sitting isolated in front of my computer drinking and detached. Have a sober, fun and engaged weekend everyone. I plan to.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

So I just realized I am on Day 6, not Day 5 - not that it really matters, I have been here a million times. Fighting my AV today ... a bunch of triggers ... it's Friday, the weather is beautiful and unseasonably warm, daughter is sleeping over at my Mom's tonight ....
Going to go back and read how I felt on this last Day 1. I won't drink this weekend. It's just not worth it.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yes LB weather is a trigger for me too, I envision the glass of crisp white wine.

Read your past posts, and remember it wouldn't just be one glass.

I am trying to not be hard on myself for feeling cranky. Id rather feel cranky for a few hours than hungover for a day.