Administrator

Class of February 2016 Part 8

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-7-a.html
Old 03-07-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Part 8?! Ya'll some crazy folks! And I love it
Congrats on 6 days Coco ! Yay
Jobei glad u made it thru yesterday u lil warrior u!
JL. Please take pics if u go to that museum lol I immediately thought of the movie "Harry and the Hendersons"
GG where in Cali r u ? Crazy weather this morning in L.A.
KNB *hugs*
Day 16.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Congrats on 6 days Coco ! Yay
Jobei glad u made it thru yesterday u lil warrior u!
JL. Please take pics if u go to that museum lol I immediately thought of the movie "Harry and the Hendersons"
KNB *hugs*
Day 16.
Wow cute your days are adding up. Well done x
Old 03-07-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

OldTomato, where are you???

Congratulations one ONE WEEK, Lee!

Auggie, thinking it through . . . nice work. (I like calling it "work" because that's what it feels like to me).

Feel blah today. Recovery group was meh. No real insights except that I am pretty f***ed up, which is a bit depressing. I can change, but it will take so long! And facing this stuff is really hard. Today it was on boundaries. Yuck.

Drinking is not an option. Usually that makes me happy to think about, but today it just makes me think how I can't become numb and avoid dealing with stuff. Hope that makes sense.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
OldTomato, where are you???

Congratulations one ONE WEEK, Lee!

Auggie, thinking it through . . . nice work. (I like calling it "work" because that's what it feels like to me).

Feel blah today. Recovery group was meh. No real insights except that I am pretty f***ed up, which is a bit depressing. I can change, but it will take so long! And facing this stuff is really hard. Today it was on boundaries. Yuck.

Drinking is not an option. Usually that makes me happy to think about, but today it just makes me think how I can't become numb and avoid dealing with stuff. Hope that makes sense.
Safe it sure does make sense. We all drank to numb our feelings. I did it for so many years hence why I feel literally reborn since I stopped drinking. Everything is so strange and I don't know what to do with myself, one almost wants to revert back to the old times because at least we feel comfortable there...but that's no longer an option.

Sigh..Yeah it's gonna be a long journey. I was thinking the same thing myself . That I am really messed up in my head. But I am ready for this. Done too much bs to myself when I was drinking. So fed up of the drunk me. There has got to be another way of life

OT is around. She has been posting in other threads
Old 03-07-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Day 16.
Hey CNGY, I'm originally from SD, fled my toxic mother for San Francisco [we call it The City, since it's the most important city in California, heh] , lived there for a couple of decades [sin city, so fun! ] before settling a bit east of there, so I'm still officially in the SF Bay Area.

I never liked driving anywhere in the midst of L.A. NEVER. You are a braver man than I [am not, ha]! Congrats on day 16!! One week, here. I decided not to post my 'day' everyday, since it didn't work last time.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The couch to 5K program is great. Nice and gradual. You will be jogging or running 30 minutes by the end of the program if I recall correctly and it hasn't changed much since I did it. So not necessarily 5K. I did the program to get back into running. And had done quite a few 5K races since then and started doing that distance on my treadmill too! Got into great shape! Then I did the 21 day fix. Got some strength back! Now those are all dusty from pregnancy and baby time, but I'm working on my sober muscles for now! Soon though! Good luck to y'all starting a program!!
Old 03-07-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey guys. I'm out at my farm with the little one. Good to get out of cold dark basement. I'm just feeling so very low. And not very much hope. It's really hard seeing my kids stuff and them not being here. I'm finding even sober I'm still avoiding really feeling things but last night I broke down while putting away old clothes.

I just don't know what to do about the work and financial situation. We are 7900 behind in our mortgage and I have zero money coming in. I keep trying to pray... it just seems like a dismal abyss right now.

I keep thinking of the high I get from going to meetings. It almost makes me not want to go. Is this the pink cloud I keep hearing about? Coming down from that high just plain feels like ****. I won't stop going. Maybe I need a bit of a break.
On a good note... still sober. And no desire to drink. Can't imagine why I'd want to numb myself out again just to feel like crap the moment I come back to reality.

I friggen hope some things start turning around soon.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Hey guys. I'm out at my farm with the little one. Good to get out of cold dark basement. I'm just feeling so very low. And not very much hope. It's really hard seeing my kids stuff and them not being here. I'm finding even sober I'm still avoiding really feeling things but last night I broke down while putting away old clothes.

I just don't know what to do about the work and financial situation. We are 7900 behind in our mortgage and I have zero money coming in. I keep trying to pray... it just seems like a dismal abyss right now.

I keep thinking of the high I get from going to meetings. It almost makes me not want to go. Is this the pink cloud I keep hearing about? Coming down from that high just plain feels like ****. I won't stop going. Maybe I need a bit of a break.
On a good note... still sober. And no desire to drink. Can't imagine why I'd want to numb myself out again just to feel like crap the moment I come back to reality.

Hang in there sister... I'm sorry that things are so hard *HUG* Alcohol would be like pouring gas on the fire though and you know this... try to just focus on today... and the good things that are right in front of you... the kids, the farm, being sober. Things will take a lot of time to fix unfortunately for us all so try not to beat yourself up. Breathe deep my friend!
Old 03-07-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
The couch to 5K program is great. Nice and gradual. You will be jogging or running 30 minutes by the end of the program if I recall correctly and it hasn't changed much since I did it. So not necessarily 5K. I did the program to get back into running. And had done quite a few 5K races since then and started doing that distance on my treadmill too! Got into great shape! Then I did the 21 day fix. Got some strength back! Now those are all dusty from pregnancy and baby time, but I'm working on my sober muscles for now! Soon though! Good luck to y'all starting a program!!
AK, I'm doing the 21 day fix exercises. Not so much the meal plan because this early in sobriety I just love me my food. But I'm at a healthy weight so I'm good with that but my body looks greater than I think it ever has. I am hoping to work my way up to a 5k too. I love running. Although my asthma seems to have gotten a touch worse (still smoking) but it only flares up during exercise and illness. Anywho I'd recommend those workouts to anyone looking to build up their strength and endurance as its done wonders for the formerly lazy me. Exercise makes me feel so much better.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you Jobe. That means a lot to me
Old 03-07-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I wish I could be here everytime one of you posts! I hope you're feeling better, seeing that you wrote definately brightened my mood thank YOU!
Old 03-07-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Wow! So many posts! I'm going to be out straight with work the next two weeks and will try to keep in the loop. Day 8 here. I feel like I must have been depressed all these years of drinking because I feel so freaking happy not drinking. Stay strong everyone.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
The couch to 5K program is great. Nice and gradual. You will be jogging or running 30 minutes by the end of the program if I recall correctly and it phasn't changed much since I did it. So not necessarily 5K. I did the program to get back into running. And had done quite a few 5K races since then and started doing that distance on my treadmill too! Got into great shape! Then I did the 21 day fix. Got some strength back! Now those are all dusty from pregnancy and baby time, but I'm working on my sober muscles for now! Soon though! Good luck to y'all starting a program!!
Apple I use to run 5km weekly. I ran it under 30 mins when I was army fittest. It was only four months ago but it feels likes years ago. What is this21 day fix? Is it an app?
Old 03-07-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Del first of all high five for not drinking on this. You are really strong! Why don't you want to go to meetings? Is it not a good thing to feel a buzz from them? Surely you need as much positivity as possible? Don't lose hope. Things always change and sorts itself out. Is there anything you can do? Remember live in the solution and not the problem. You are doing good for not drinking xx
Old 03-07-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Knb I failed too. May start wed or Thursday. Wife has decided to stay with her mom tue wed Thur because I'm up early and home late. She says in her condition it's just too much to get 2 boys going, shuttle them - goto work, then get em home. I usually do supper and bath if they've not eaten, but she's in class on mon/wed, so I'm in bed wed night when she gets home, and I'm marginal on baths and all that night.
It hurts a lot because I feel like things are bad sonehow between us, but that's got to take second chair to her huge emotional/loss/depression stuff.
I've got all her paperwork for her today so maybe she can get going signing in on Friday. I do NOT like this situation at all, but I AM willing to do whatever it takes to help her. Her moms house is closer to the babysitters and work. Granny also waits on everyone hand and foot, so that'll help out a lot.
I'm kind of lost in space on this situation. Praying is all I got. That and staying sober.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

AK, I'm doing the 21 day fix exercises. Not so much the meal plan because this early in sobriety I just love me my food. But I'm at a healthy weight so I'm good with that but my body looks greater than I think it ever has. I am hoping to work my way up to a 5k too. I love running. Although my asthma seems to have gotten a touch worse (still smoking) but it only flares up during exercise and illness. Anywho I'd recommend those workouts to anyone looking to build up their strength and endurance as its done wonders for the formerly lazy me. Exercise makes me feel so much better.
And you are exercise. That's great. I need to do this as well
Old 03-07-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Knb I failed too. May start wed or Thursday. Wife has decided to stay with her mom tue wed Thur because I'm up early and home late. She says in her condition it's just too much to get 2 boys going, shuttle them - goto work, then get em home. I usually do supper and bath if they've not eaten, but she's in class on mon/wed, so I'm in bed wed night when she gets home, and I'm marginal on baths and all that night.
It hurts a lot because I feel like things are bad sonehow between us, but that's got to take second chair to her huge emotional/loss/depression stuff.
I've got all her paperwork for her today so maybe she can get going signing in on Friday. I do NOT like this situation at all, but I AM willing to do whatever it takes to help her. Her moms house is closer to the babysitters and work. Granny also waits on everyone hand and foot, so that'll help out a lot.
I'm kind of lost in space on this situation. Praying is all I got. That and staying sober.
Yes JL. Pray and stay sober. You are doing the best you can. At least be proud of that. :-)
Old 03-07-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Women

Good God, what is the right answer??

There is none.

I tried today to dissuade [male] teens from using the word "bitch", several-fold, esp. in front of my son. I tried to educate them that women are no longer the enemy [not that they ever WERE!], but they had nothing of it, and in fact will probably tease my son incessantly bkz of it.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Del first of all high five for not drinking on this. You are really strong! Why don't you want to go to meetings? Is it not a good thing to feel a buzz from them? Surely you need as much positivity as possible? Don't lose hope. Things always change and sorts itself out. Is there anything you can do? Remember live in the solution and not the problem. You are doing good for not drinking xx

I agree ! Kudos to you for holding strong , Del.
Praying for you tonight.

Thank you knb. (((Hugs)))

Last edited by JL2014; 03-07-2016 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Add text