last part here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-51-a-20.html

D
Old 03-06-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 03-06-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Interesting what Dee posted about the Wolf that you feed (good or bad)...

For me alcohol was about not feeding either of the wolves...neither good nor bad. It was just like walking away from the battlefield and retreating into numbness. During those decades I saw bits of both wolves but I was a bit scared of both of them, even the good Wolf, and it was easier to hide away.

Now I'm feeding the good wolf and I haven't seen much of the bad one since I got sober.

Have a good Sunday!
Old 03-06-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning!

I first heard the wolf story many years ago and have always thought that it applies to many situations.

So sorry to hear about your godmother, Dee.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The wolf quote is great Dee!

knb- So happy you have made it through. Good job dumping that stuff down the drain.That old grocery store wine trigger is a tough one isn't it? Don't worry- you are not upsetting anyone. I have been there!!! It does suck agonizing over a bottle of wine you are holding in your hands and that is the grip alcohol has on us. I'm definitely much better now with the cravings. It will get better over time!
Old 03-06-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Starting day 3 after a good nights sleep. I will not go to bed drunk tonight!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome beerbgone and congratulations for committing to staying sober today!
Old 03-06-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

SoberJim - Would having granola bars or gum handy at work may help head off the alcohol cravings that are tied to hunger?

Blue Fairy - Congrats on 10 months sober. Thanks for your positive, inspiring post; it's great to hear that you are starting to feel like maybe things are looking up again in life.

Knb - Great job on 38 days! Surrender is definitely the difference between my previous, short lived attempts at sobriety and my current time (I have 2 years). I think that for me talking about myself, my pain, my challenges, facing it, and reaching out for help when needed is key. Keep posting and sharing your experiences. I know that for me being open to folks' responses and suggestions helped a lot.

Amp - I felt very gray for the first few months too. That's a long time to feel hopeless, but it's been explained to me that it's a common experience because alcohol is a depressant. I agree, though - once the clouds parted, the sun started shining brighter. Having a regular program of recovery has brought gifts I never even knew existed.

Charles G - Welcome and congratulations on your sobriety.

KIR - Great job on 119 days sober.

Thumpa - I really enjoyed your posts about living in the moment, and the serenity prayer. When I'm wondering how I'm going to explain what is stressing me out, and I take the time to think about what advice my sponsor would give me, it's almost always the serenity prayer!

Key - I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable in your sober skin. The way I saw myself sober hit me like a ton of bricks but it took a while for me to organize the personal changes I wanted/needed to make.

WWS - Thanks for sharing your experiences ODAAT!

Outonthetiles - Changing where you shop for food is an easy change to make! Good job recognizing the benefit of doing that.

Beerbgone - Great job on 3 days!

BoozeFree -Enjoy your time off from work. Let us know what you do to work on your recovery today!

Saskia & Toots - Your posts are spot-on as always!

Dee - I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs.

I've had a stressful couple of weeks, but I've come to realize that stress is in the eye of the beholder! One thing recovery has helped me do is accept what's happening around me, stop complaining that I don't deserve it, and live in the solution instead. If its something I can't change, the solution may be as simple as facing my responsibilities and then finding ways to soothe myself. Spending time with friends, going for a walk, watching a tv show, listening to music, writing in a journal, checking SR, going to an AA meeting, getting a pedicure, or what ever sounds fun is important - and keeps me facing the direction of peace and serenity.

Make it a great sober Sunday, Undies.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Advice given by Incontrol15 in the March thread. I think it's so good that I wanted to pass it on here!

Tip of the day

"play it forward"

BTW...I'm sorry if some of this stuff was thrown out before. I am active here, my group (April2015...ya'll are welcome to say hi), and a tobacco site. I honestly don't read back.

Anyway...Play it forward.

It battles cravings. You basically think through what would happen if you did drink. You really imagine the process. It helps retrain your brain to think a different way instead of thinking alcohol is the solution.

You play the tape forward. How would you feel about breaking a promise to quit? What are all the bad things that could happen that day/night? How would you feel the next day? Etc.

Doing that helps with immediate cravings AND will nip future cravings at the bud. Play it forward many times in your mind. The more you can visualize it and the more you can "feel" the negative consequences, the better.

It's all about training your brain.

QUIT ON!!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post

I've had a stressful couple of weeks, but I've come to realize that stress is in the eye of the beholder! One thing recovery has helped me do is accept what's happening around me, stop complaining that I don't deserve it, and live in the solution instead. If its something I can't change, the solution may be as simple as facing my responsibilities and then finding ways to soothe myself. Spending time with friends, going for a walk, watching a tv show, listening to music, writing in a journal, checking SR, going to an AA meeting, getting a pedicure, or what ever sounds fun is important - and keeps me facing the direction of peace and serenity.

Make it a great sober Sunday, Undies.
Wow two years! Wow.
Great post. Live in the solution. I like that. It's a keeper. Going to make that my signature
Old 03-06-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Advice given by Incontrol15 in the March thread. I think it's so good that I wanted to pass it on here!

Tip of the day

"play it forward"

BTW...I'm sorry if some of this stuff was thrown out before. I am active here, my group (April2015...ya'll are welcome to say hi), and a tobacco site. I honestly don't read back.

Anyway...Play it forward.

It battles cravings. You basically think through what would happen if you did drink. You really imagine the process. It helps retrain your brain to think a different way instead of thinking alcohol is the solution.

You play the tape forward. How would you feel about breaking a promise to quit? What are all the bad things that could happen that day/night? How would you feel the next day? Etc.

Doing that helps with immediate cravings AND will nip future cravings at the bud. Play it forward many times in your mind. The more you can visualize it and the more you can "feel" the negative consequences, the better.

It's all about training your brain.

QUIT ON!!
Thanks for this beer bgone.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey all. I am hoping on.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome, Letitgo!
Old 03-06-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Hey all. I am hoping on.
Pull up a chair, bud.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Hey all. I am hoping on.
Welcome letitgo!
Old 03-07-2016, 02:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey guys, can I join the club?
Old 03-07-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey OT. Was wondering where you had gone.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Still around knb.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome guys

D
Old 03-07-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Still around knb.
Lol. Cute little dancing man :-)

Off to a meeting in 15 mins and then meeting my sponsor afterwards. We have to have words because she is not be very proactive with me. Your sponsor has done step work with you already