Notices

Remembering to Take Your Meds

Old 03-05-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Exclamation Remembering to Take Your Meds

Before I quit drinking, I was never sure whether or not I actually took my prescriptions daily. Since then, one simple thing has helped out a lot: one of those seven-days-a-week pill-holders. If I am not sure whether or not I have taken a dose, all I have to do is look.

I take Zoloft, and think the reason it has reputation for causing suicide is that people forget to take a dose and get suicidal.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The seven day pill reminder is an excellent way to keep track of your medication.

I use it myself.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Me too
Old 12-10-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

So I was feeling a little crazy this morning, and I thought maybe I should take my second dose of anti-psychotic. And lo-and-behold I hadn't taken my first dose, nor my anti-depressant! If I didn't have my pills in a weekly container, I never would have known, and the anti-depressant is something that shouldn't be skipped.

I don't know how my wife keeps track of her medicines, taking them directly from the bottle. How is she sure if she took them or not?
Old 12-10-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have habits around my pills. My daily bottles are on the bathroom sink and after I brush my teeth I take my 1x a day pill, and lay the 3x a day out and take the first one. The other two go in the right front pocket of my jeans if I am going to work, or the same inside pocket of my purse if other. My nightly sleep med stays on the counter so I can take it at night when I brush my teeth. My thyroid med is on the bedside table so I can take middle of the night if I wake up or else first thing bc it needs to be on an empty stomach.

My as needed anxiety med goes into he coin section of my wallet, either one or two depending on the day ahead.

I also got into the habit of a mental clock- meds at 8, noon, five and bed, give or take an hour or so.

Just like not drinking, a plan for meds is important- I know I messed around with mine a lot both intentionally and not, when I was drinking. Now I use all the help I can get best way I am told to!
Old 12-11-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I take my "morning" meds when I am getting dressed for work and my "night time" meds right before I go to sleep.

I almost never forget them.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is something I struggle with a lot as some of my meds need to be taken by themselves and/or at different times throughout the day. I have used the weekly pill containers in the past, and should start using them again as they are helpful. Thank you for the reminder
Old 01-27-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Retired Pro Drunk

I started with a 7-day and got tired of refilling it every week.

Switched to a 30-day and got tired of refilling it every month.

Then I found on amazon a pill bottle and cap with a timer on it. The timer resets every time you open it and starts counting up when closed. Best thing ever.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There was some concern that my mom wasn't taking her meds. She forgets. I got her a seven day pill holder, but it just confused her. So we are back to the old pill containers and hoping for the best. The meds she takes are relatively minor, not life saving, and I am there several times a week, so i am not sweating it. I like the pill timer idea.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

When I take my meds in the morning I cross off the date on the calendar. When I take my meds in the evening I cross it off again. So I can tell if I've taken them as I should.