Notices

depression

Old 02-19-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

depression

kay,i figured i would cut to the chase and explain why im here....
i never really used to drink very much because i was brought up in a super religious household....shhhh i'm the pastors DAUGHTER!,i was homeschooled so i never really had any friends or extra activities to do,but one day this young boy came to our church and he was just so handsome! and he seemed to really like me and my family,after a few months of hanging out with him,i thought i was in love with him....i lost my virginity to him,it felt right and i loved him very much,then he started getting distant....he would go days without replying to my texts,and when he did text me,he asked me to send him some pictures because he "misses me" so,like a fool,i took the pictures and sent them to him,only to find out from another church girl,that he is dating her!
and when i confronted him,he told me that it wasn't true and that he loved me....until she showed me proof of them "being together" it just ripped my heart out,so i messaged him on facebook and told him that we were done,and i thought that was that,only to find out,that while i was working he POSTED ALL of my pictures on MY facebook page and they were up for hours! i came home and i felt extremely sick and my parents saw the pictures,and i think he posted them elsewhere too,i still get strange friend requests from time to time.....so i started drinking.....and drinking,and here i am......now i have been cutting myself because i feel like a ***** that has no self respect.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Laurel,
You do have self-respect otherwise you would not be so devastated by his outrageous posting of your photographs. What a creep. If you are self-harming I think it would be a good idea for you to see someone face to face. You have nothing to feel guilty about, he does. But he won't, he's that sorta guy, right?
Old 02-19-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

what upset me the most was my dad saw them!
i never knew he would do that to me.....
Old 02-19-2016, 09:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Laurel,
How did your Dad handle it? I hope he is not blaming you because he should be acting in your defence. How is the drinking going? Do your parents know of the self harm?
Old 02-20-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

I used to self harm you really don't want to go down that dark path trust me il have scars for life I still get looks if thier not covered they are horrible reminders of my darkest moments that I wish I never done

As for the creep posting the pictures I can only say let karma take care of him I'm a big believer in karma always have been

Know you can lean on us for support 24/7
Old 02-20-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks everyone,my dad really didn't say anything....he just wanted my mom to handle it....guess he felt awkward.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Smile

Did it all work out? (((SW))).
Old 02-21-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yes Steely it has I havnt self harmed in well over a decade it was in my teenage years I'm 33 now I still have depression but its a lot better nowadays still get bad days as I'm only human but they are managed a lot better I spoke to a good friend and sought advice with my Dr and was put on anti depressants which I am very cautious about

Thank you Steely
Old 02-21-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Laurel, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. There are some really horrible people out there and unfortunately many of them are pretty darn cute (physically).

I so hope you have some folks who are supportive of you but in any case come here all you want. There is a lot of wisdom here and we have all made mistakes of some kind or another. Big big hug to you!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Smile

I'm cautious about anti-depressants too SW as have had a bad experience with them. I'm going to give the Omega 3, exercise, good diet, kind to self track a go this time around. Still get depressed and anxious but I'm coping better now that I am sober. Sad though when you think about a teenage boy self harming. Thank goodness you clawed your way out. Me too. I love your new avatar.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Magsie

((((Laurel))))
Old 02-23-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Steely that means a lot x

I posted this the other day in newcomers see if it helps anyone

The Big Stigma of Being Depressed and Sober - The Bold Italic - San Francisco