Notices

In a funk.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In a funk.

I am not sober. I still drink a few times a week, I am drinking right now but only had a few. It is the season, February always does it to me. Plus I sprained my foot a few months ago and it was the most painful thing I've ever been through, utter agony. I haven't been working over my many health problems and with the weather I feel like I've cocooned into myself. I'm not interested in socializing or sex, my bf is bewildered and hurt since I've lost interest. I just don't want to engage. I just want to be alone. I'm sure the beer drinking isn't helping although it really is only twice a week and it's not to the point of crippling hangovers. I just have no interest in very much at all. The days blend into each other and I feel like I'm lingering in apathy.....
Old 02-19-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear that zen. What would it take to get you interested in addressing some of those issues you list? February or a bad ankle can't "make" you drink of course...only you can. And of course alcohol is a depressant so it makes your depression worse.

You know all this of course, and you know how to fix it. How can we help you find the motivation to do it?
Old 02-19-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think there's such a thing as a few for alcoholics Zen. Alcohol changed me, and any amount of alcohol changed me by the end.

I think you'd find great improvement in your mental health if you quit for good.

D
Old 02-20-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
It's very easy to isolate, drink, and let the days roll from one into the next. So many years gone by that I can't get back.

But life is many times better now than I ever dreamed it would be. Sometimes it's almost too full and I feel a little overwhelmed but I wouldn't go back to my old ways for any reason. No, the drinking isn't helping and won't motivate you to do anything good for yourself. How about trying sobriety again for awhile?
Old 02-20-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

It all starts with a day 1 Zen
Old 02-20-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storms all about.
Haruki Murakami

Unfortunately as long as you stay in the storm you are destined to suffer it's consequences
Old 02-20-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah it definitely isn't making me very happy. Cycles of drinking days followed by recovery days and the shame of not being able to live without it. I feel like a fraud even saying that I'm going to quit but I am tired of it. I'll give it yet another try day 1.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

if i go more than 3 days without drinking i dry heave whenever i try to eat something and it get shaky very easy
Old 02-20-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Laurel100 View Post
if i go more than 3 days without drinking i dry heave whenever i try to eat something and it get shaky very easy
That is one of the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal and the longer you drink the worse things will get