Administrator

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 4

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 01-25-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

For those new to SR...at the end of this month (the 31st), this thread will continue, but it will move to the Daily Support forum.

A new Class of February thread for all those quitting in February will take your place in this forum.

nothing else will change

D
Old 01-25-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gonna lay around today. Like yesterday, lol. Got pretty banged up sledding w my 7yr old. Twisted a knee and bruised up my other hip and lower back. The memorie are worth it. Knees bothering me a lot though. Been a strange weekend. Gotta make today a good day off w my 2 yr old. Work tomorrow. Good to see y'all.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I panicked for a minute when I couldn't leave a comment on the old thread! Thanks Dee, for the new one.

Good morning everyone. Thank you so much for the comments in regards to my parenting- I oftentimes think I am not cut out for this gig and your comments helped me realize that I am not crazy and will in fact get through these tough years with 2 little ones! Silly, I wish I could wean my little guy- I have thought about it before (especially so I can try different meds for my depression). But I just can't do it. He loves the boob so much and he's still so little. I will give him until he's 2 and then we are done! Thanks for the concern.

I am doing well, had some dreams DH and I were getting ready to go out to eat and he was talking about us drinking 2 bottles of wine and I exclaimed, "I can't drink anymore!"

I think I am a bit perturbed about a conversation we had yesterday when I told him I was considering attending an AA meeting. He said he thinks it's messed up that in this country you are either a regular drinker who has 1 or 2 drinks with dinner or an alcoholic, that there is no in between. I could not relate to anything he was saying or understand his point (a common theme in our troubled marriage.) He has been to court mandated treatment for 2 DUI (many years ago) so I said to him: "As anyone who has been in treatment for alcoholic abuse you should know that it's not about how much you drink but what happens when you do." He insisted I was wrong and that "the law" says if you drink a 6 pack a week you are an alcoholic. I told him we should agree to disagree and dropped the topic.

I don't know why he reacted this way- maybe because he doesn't understand the severity of my problems even though he was the one coming home for the last 6 months and seeing that I had been drinking yet again. Maybe he's scared, maybe he thinks I just need to stop for a while. I will bring it up today because I want some closure on this. It just rubbed me the wrong way. I found a test online for alcoholism and emailed it to him this morning. No where in the quiz does it even ask how many drinks one is having.

Ugh. Not sure why I am so bothered by this.
Anyway, I wish everyone a beautiful Monday- a warm welcome goes out to anyone new to the group. I do think we have an amazing group of people here and am so blessed to know each and every one of you.

~P

Quote of the Day:
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-25-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Gonna lay around today. Like yesterday, lol. Got pretty banged up sledding w my 7yr old. Twisted a knee and bruised up my other hip and lower back. The memorie are worth it. Knees bothering me a lot though. Been a strange weekend. Gotta make today a good day off w my 2 yr old. Work tomorrow. Good to see y'all.
Ouch, hope you heal quickly. Do you have any arnica for the bruising? Hope you have a great day with your toddler
Old 01-25-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sunflowerlife - you will look back in years to come and see that you did a great job. I used to look at all the clam parents around me and think I was the only one struggling. I later found out that a) they were feeling the same and b) my son turned out great.

Hello to the new thread.

I managed to find both the cashpoint card to the account with money and AND have just received a text to say the money has cleared in to the other account so will definitely be going to my first AA meeting tonight (assuming the gridlock in the town clears - road shut because of an accident and another one has traincrossing barriers shut down!)
Old 01-25-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
For those new to SR...at the end of this month (the 31st), this thread will continue, but it will move to the Daily Support forum.

A new Class of February thread for all those quitting in February will take your place in this forum.

nothing else will change

D
We graduate!!!
Old 01-25-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

sunflowelife - I think you know the score, and thats the main thing.

Our loved ones don't necessarily need to understand - but they need to respect our choices...I hope your partner will come around in time

rest up JL

best wishes with your meeting VW

D
Old 01-25-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi! I went to church yesterday and the pastor said to put down these darn phones once in a while. He said he's a phone nut too. I was already thinking this. Lots of times I think to just stay off on Sundays. So...... I did ! It took me a half hour to catch up !

Such great posts. Went to church and lunch with my gf. Then spent rest of day with granddaughter! Beautiful day in St. Louis MO.

Welcome back ChickChick ( love your name ) and sandyo. One of my best friend's name 's is Sandy. I also remember you. Welcoming you guys with open arms ! Funny. When I use to go to bars and a guy would ask me my name I always said Sandy!!!

Thanks Odelle and Bandi for supplement advice.
Xo

Happy Monday everyone !

Olivia

So this non-denominational church yesterday. Sang Amazing Grace in a great version.
I could relate... Saved a wretch like me. I once was lost. but now am found. Was blind but now I see. It was an amazing service. Raised catholic but also attend these wonderful non-denominational churches.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Service was good yesterday for us also. My wife's slowly getting through the grief. I'm doing all I can to help. Not being a drunk is helping, I'm sure.
Grrrr I can't work out today w knee hurt. I think going to start a plank program today. I'm pretty fat so I won't have to be far off the floor. Never done them before, or at least it wasn't considered an exercise in 1990 at Parris island. Lol
Old 01-25-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Hi! I went to church yesterday and the pastor said to put down these darn phones once in a while. He said he's a phone nut too. I was already thinking this. Lots of times I think to just stay off on Sundays. So...... I did ! It took me a half hour to catch up !

Such great posts. Went to church and lunch with my gf. Then spent rest of day with granddaughter! Beautiful day in St. Louis MO.

Welcome back ChickChick ( love your name ) and sandyo. One of my best friend's name 's is Sandy. I also remember you. Welcoming you guys with open arms ! Funny. When I use to go to bars and a guy would ask me my name I always said Sandy!!!

Thanks Odelle and Bandi for supplement advice.
Xo

Happy Monday everyone !

Olivia

So this non-denominational church yesterday. Sang Amazing Grace in a great version.
I could relate... Saved a wretch like me. I once was lost. but now am found. Was blind but now I see. It was an amazing service. Raised catholic but also attend these wonderful non-denominational churches.
My code name was Sandy too. It's funny because my username is actually from Grease and your Olivia!!
Old 01-25-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Sandy. Grease is still one of my favourite movies.

I am not doing anything for Australia Day. I'll go to a meeting in the evening.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Popping in to say good morning! I think I'm going to head back to bed for a bit though. Not much quality sleep last night. I think I'm going to pray then nap. The laundry can wait.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Good morning peeps or night depending on where you are. No time to read back. I trust everyone here is doing well, this is a large, strong, supportive group. If you're struggling today take a moment and breathe. Close your eyes and just focus on the breath. Even if it's one breath. And stick close to the forums and read. Day 11 for me. Keeping myself accountable. New job, training.. catch up later.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

A quick check in since I'm at work. Day 6 started off great! I think I found part of my fatigue problem...too much melatonin! I cut way back last night and was able to wake at 6 quite easily (never use an alarm...my body just "knows"!)

The body aches have subsided a bit so I think I'm on the mend. Could very well have been too much skiing since I hadn't done any in 4 years and my body had been through quite a bit since then. Yeah!!!

Back to work....therapy tonight and I will check back later!

Hope all my classmates have a wonderful day!
Old 01-25-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I want to make note of something that I have noticed before on different class threads; isn’t it amazing to actually see the effects of sobriety in the clarity of posts as they progress? It is yet another reminder of how alcohol affects us in our ability to articulate communications, noticeably in written word but also verbally. This is yet another thing to add to my gratitude list.

Well, Monday morning kick-off to a sober and successful week ahead. Stay safe and sober in the Land of Oz, fellow classmates!
Old 01-25-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 12 for me. Glad to see our group going strong and to see, as Odelle mentions, the evolution of posting clarity in general. I ended up going to a sportsbar for the first football game yesterday after putting out a few feelers and deciding that was the best option. I had a great time (and not just because of the game outcome), buddies were drinking but stuck with tea. This week I am looking forward to higher work productivity and output. I gave myself a pass on that to some extent last week but can't really afford (financially or deadline-wise) to do that a gain this week. Have a great Monday all - I used to usually have a hangover Mondays, given proximity to weekend, so already better than most!
Old 01-25-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hello Jan. class -- just checking in to say Good Sober morning or evening!

Sunflower -My initial sobriety was carefully planned with time off and few distractions so I can't even imagine getting sober with 2 young children. You sound like a loving, caring mom who's doing your best to get through this time in life. You are amazing!

And yes, you are right about our DH's. It is MY problem and I can only fix myself. Mr. B is supportive in so many other ways and I don't expect him to stop enjoying his wine. Thinking of you, take care.

Nic - You are the best! Thank you for the lovely post and checking in with everyone. Someday I hope my brain cells will regenerate to the point where I can write like you-

VirginiaWoolf - Glad you found your bank card! Black outs and misplacing everything was one of many reasons I realized drinking had to Stop. Hope you make your meeting!

Following all posts and thinking of everyone on this beautiful journey called Sobriety.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

tired from a lack of sleep but at least I didn't have to google last nights football scores to see who won!
Old 01-25-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Day 21 for me today. Could not fall asleep last night: tossed and turned. The last time I looked at the clock it was almost 4am, and then I woke up at 9. I had an americano yesterday and it was the first time I've had coffee in months so guessing that was the cause.

Trying to calm my racing mind that is freaking out about my first interview today at 1. I'm not sure why I always start freaking out before an interview - I think it ties back to my self-loathing and not feeling worthy. Need to work on this.

Have a good sober day all!
SD