Notices

The end of my story..............

Old 01-22-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The end of my story..............

Well that's it for me.

My 25 year fight against paranoia is now well and truly over. Even a speck of dust gives me paranoia now.

Not sure whats next, maybe a long stay in a mental health unit or maybe there till im done.

I am actually a bit relieved though, at least I wont have to lie, give fake smiles and fake everything.

Good luck to everyone else here who is fighting, fight for as long as you possibly can.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

There is a big difference between surrender and hopelessness. Surrender is often viewed as the first step to recovery. Do you have any hope that a stay in a mental health unit would be helpful?
Old 01-22-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi alcoholic

I'm sorry for your situation. Will you be speaking with a Dr to get the ball rolling?

D
Old 01-22-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Where there is life there is hope!

I have not read any of your previous threads yet but I just wanted to reach out and say that as long as you are posting here there is still a lot of hope.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

May you find help and hope Alcoholic. This is one heck of a thing to have to live with. Come back and post if it feels right. If nothing else we can be yours community.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by alcoholic123 View Post
Not sure whats next, maybe a long stay in a mental health unit or maybe there till im done.
I'm sorry you're feeling hopeless and down. I'm coming up on an anniversary. Almost 11 years ago I was admitted to a mental health facility as the result of alcoholism and suicidal ideations. It was one of the best things that ever happened to me, although I will never forget the despair I felt at the time.

I can tell you there is hope. When I look back at my recovery now I can see that the lowest times were opportunities I had to reach out and receive help. It was freely and generously available to me. Last night my wife commented that she's never seen me happier. I haven't heard that in a long time.

Please don't give up. What may appear to be the end could actually be the beginning of something miraculous.