# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of August 2015 Part 7

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html
Old 10-29-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Anna !

- Thursday night. I fought off cravings with rice cooked in broth. Mmmm.
Driveway pipe landed on my knee today. I hurt all over ! Lol
Gnite folks. Sober thank God !
Old 10-29-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job fighting the craving JL!

End of day 6. Feeling retrospective. But content. Thankful to be sober!
Old 10-29-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
Thankful to be sober!
Me too! Have a good night guys!
Old 10-30-2015, 01:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Home from Madonna concert, sober!
Old 10-30-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has a happy Friday and a restful weekend...calm and sober for sure. (Hug)!
Old 10-30-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've been coping with work stress, not posting, but reading every day.

Key, congrats on your 100 day milestone. Today is day 90 for me! Some nights I really want a glass of wine or several margaritas, but I appreciate the clarity I have without that.. I'm sure the anxiety of dealing with lawyers and bullies would be magnified rather than subdued!

Sadie, how was that concert? GREAT job on enjoying it sober!

Retread, I hope the details of your horse purchase go smoothly. I rode when I was young. One of my favorite life memories is from my late 20s: ridding with my 2 best friends in the Colorado mountains, just the 3 of us and 3 horses.

Love hoops, are you going to be empty nesters after your youngest son goes off to college? We are there now.

Kitty, congrats on day 6. I wish there was a different way of "counting" because your journey clearly started earlier and I admire your successes on your trip.

JL, still sounding strong! Enjoy this Halloween weekend.

Clownbaby, Patricia, Bekind, thank you for continuing to post. It helps. And I will try to get back to a daily post.

Have a great Friday Augustables.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Woooohoooo Benice! I am so happy for you! Congratulations on your BIG 90!!!! ((Hug)) ((Hug)) ((Hug))
Old 10-30-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats Benice! Fantastic! 90 is huge!

The concert was great, elaborate sets, amazing dancers and Madonnas stamina is beyond amazing! Major dancing, climbing up poles in high heels, don't know how she does it. I insisted on driving so I could be the DD and not be tempted, don't think I would have been anyway as the only wine they had was Sutter Home. Blech. Home late, up early as one of the cats (aka my stalker), starts screaming his head off at me whenever spouse wakes up( toooo early). Then after he wakes me up, makes sure I get my coffee, he promptly goes back to sleep, Hah!

Let's all have a sober Halloween weekend, the whole class!!!
Old 10-30-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by benice View Post
I wish there was a different way of "counting" because your journey clearly started earlier and I admire your successes on your trip.
I don't think there should be rules for counting, unless you are an active AA member.

Counting backfired for me a few times in the past (AV: You are 30 days sober, you are "cured"! ).

I think whatever works for you, whatever keeps you motivated is fine. I count 2 months alcohol free, even though I've had a couple of slips...I didn't go into a full blown bingeing, and that keeps me motivated to stay away from the poison.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You don't have to count, it's not something we have to do...personally I do. It helps me feel like I'm doing something positive. It's different for everyone, I'm sure. It helps me but may hinder someone else. I understand Patricia.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm in the "do-whatever-works" school of thought. If standing on your head and playing The Good Ship Lollipop on your nose works, by all means do it!!

I had a gluten, fat, sugar rich dinner last night and binge rewatched Orphan Black season 3.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Benice, congratulations!

I am so onboard with "whatever works." When I quit smoking I was also involved in an online support group and it took me a long time to sort out how to stay away from cigarettes. I had a few slips, hit the reset button a few times but found it discouraging because it felt like I was throwing away a lot of work I had done to help me sort out how to do it right. So eventually I just set a date and stuck to it, even though that first year I might have had a handful of slips, my RESOLVE never wavered and now, with almost 16 years, those few slips don't matter. What matters is that I haven't had a cigarette in a really, really long time and, more importantly, I have no desire for one.

I'm expecting the same thing to happen with alcohol, although my physical issues make it even more important that those slips don't occur. My intention is to get to the point at which the idea of taking a drink is not even appealing to me. I will get there.

On the other hand, there were some people who really couldn't handle doing it that way. They had to take an unforgiving stance on it or else they'd be back to square one. We're all different and the main thing is to do what works for each of us as individuals. I don't think there's a cookie-cutter version of anything when it comes to recovery.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Bekind...Lol love that analogy! I agree...so funny!
Old 10-30-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
I'm in the "do-whatever-works" school of thought. If standing on your head and playing The Good Ship Lollipop on your nose works, by all means do it!!

I had a gluten, fat, sugar rich dinner last night and binge rewatched Orphan Black season 3.
Haha! Funny! I will have to try that! I love Orphan Black too! #ilovedonny
Old 10-30-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I slipped again. I had two panic attacks today. One at noon. One in the afternoon. I thought I was going to die. I don't want to play the victim tape, but this anxiety disease is horrible. I'd rather be in labor every day than dealing with this panic!
Old 10-30-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Urghhh, Patricia. That sounds really rough. Good on ya for coming here.

I can't remember if you have said you have seen a doc about this. I believe western medicine is a bit pill happy but I'm a lifer on antidepressants and don't know if I would still be alive without them.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, Patricia. Anxiety is terrible; my husband gets bad anxiety attacks and I get them sometimes when my PTSD gets amped up.

I have more good news-- got the results back from my pre-endoscopy/colonoscopy blood work. Everything looks really good. My pancreas, liver functions, even my glucose are all right in the middle of the normal range! Whatever is causing the stomach aches, it's looking less likely that it's a chronic pancreas issue and more likely related to the acid reflux. Stomach has felt good all day, thank goodness. Celebrating the good news with a fake beer. Woo-Hoo!
Old 10-30-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sorry Patricia poor out the rest if you haven't already?

Sadie I love Madonna! Saw her in 2012, amazing show! Glad she's still going strong!

Still packing for move. I had a friend come by to help me pack, very glad for her help! I am wrapping up day 7....yeah I wish the number was higher, but I'm ok with it. I usually don't keep such close tabs once I get to double digits....but this time I'm definitely looking forward to when I can count in months!
Goodnight all
Old 10-30-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I might have to stop reading the news for a while. I just can't deal with all the news about these companies laying off thousands of people...I read them, I panick, then I beat myself up for not being strong enough to face reality. I feel really dumb right now...