Notices

I woke up so very Grateful

Old 10-21-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I woke up so very Grateful

I am grateful for TODAY. Yesterday as I was holding on to every second of sobriety with tiredness, frustation and anger and many other strong emotionsI forgot WHY being sober is a blessing not just for me but for my children. I am grateful that this urge that came on like a typhoon was handled with the knowledge I have gained from each and every relapse I had in the past. I am grateful that I walked in to my house last night SOBER and not into the dopehouse. I am grateful that I did not put that pipe in my mouth but thought about why I choose to be SOBER. I am grateful for the love in my heart I have for waking up each morning knowing that I had a safe, SOBER good night's sleep with my children. I am grateful that I was the one who cradled my 7 month old son and sang him his bedtime song while he stared lovingly into my eyes last night, SOBER. I am grateful that my daughter ,who did not get to have a mother around due to my addiction when she was young, was able to sit and talk to me last night as we laughed looking at a movie together, SOBER. I am grateful for being alive and sober TODAY. I am grateful that the urge has GONE AWAY FOR NOW. I am grateful for today. I am grateful for today. I AM GRATEFUL FOR TODAY.