D
Old 09-13-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Me first!
Old 09-13-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
Frank I think Dee said , if he wasn't around to change over to next thread . To PM another Mod . Whats the harm in running over ? I never got that part .
Too many long threads slows things down everywhere.

and too long a thread makes it harder for people just to jump in.

It's as simple as that.

500 is just an arbitrary number chosen here on SR.

It's not my OCD or anything

D
Old 09-13-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Jen. I'm at work so I can't stay long. Just wanted to say hi :-)

I have to say I feel a bit shite about things that have happened on the thread today. Hopefully we will get a chance to mend any hurt that may have been caused. There's too much that is good about the support we can offer each other to throw it away over misunderstandings and personal comments.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
Hi Jen. I'm at work so I can't stay long. Just wanted to say hi :-)

I have to say I feel a bit shite about things that have happened on the thread today. Hopefully we will get a chance to mend any hurt that may have been caused. There's too much that is good about the support we can offer each other to throw it away over misunderstandings and personal comments.
I agree xx
Old 09-13-2015, 11:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drama is often a part of a long running thread.

I was in a similar thread when I first started here - it was a lot of fun, but we helped each other out too.

It's tough to find that balance between having fun, releasing pressur,e and goofing off and recovery work and support, and it's tough finding a commonality between varied points of view.

Personally I'd like to know more about you guys recovery stuff - but it's not my thread

This is a moderated community and there are rules tho....

I removed some posts from the last thread on 'getting into people's knickers'....others reading here may not get the joke....

Thanks all

Dee
SR
Old 09-13-2015, 11:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks Dee

Morning everyone, I will be facing the joy of my Monday morning commute soon

You are all really cool on this thread, I hope you all stick around
Old 09-13-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
'getting into people's knickers'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azM1rKLMqtQ
Old 09-13-2015, 11:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah we have that brand here too.
I think my reasons for removing said posts were pretty clear.

Guys, it would be a real drain on my time and energy to have to monitor this thread post by post.
That's something I do want to do and you guys don't want to have happen.

We're all adults capable of behaving responsibly, and reaching resolution in a calm and considered way..

Let's move on.

Dee
SR
Old 09-14-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

The last thing I want to do is micromanage or censor - but sometimes it's my job to pull posts that break the rules.

Originally Posted by rule9
9. If it shouldn't be viewed by minors, then it shouldn’t be posted to the forums or chat rooms. This is a public, family-friendly forum. In addition, if something would not be considered “work safe” (to a boss or co-worker), then it shouldn’t be posted.
It is against the rules to circumvent the automatic censor, including the chat filter.
The filter is used to help prevent inappropriate or vulgar content from being posted on the forums or into chat. Please do not attempt to bypass this filter by using symbols, !@#$%^&*(), spaces, or any other methods of attempting to reveal a word that would otherwise be blocked by the filtering system.
Like I've said in this thread several times before, this may be someones first experience of SR.
We all have a responsibility there, whether we want to accept it or not.

But your membership is your call Frank.

I do hope we'll see you again - I know folks in this thread will miss you..

I really hate having to have these discussions but I especially hate having them in public.

I think it may send a really poor example of what we are here to lurkers who may be thinking about joining here for recovery help.

Originally Posted by rule 2
The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose.
If anyone wants to box on, send me a PM please.

Dee
SR
Old 09-14-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Morning all , Frank I made a suggestion on seeing if Dee would change the name of your Tread so newcomers & lurkers wouldn't misunderstand - Your way to deal with recovery . You've said it time & time again you wanted an upbeat thread . That's why I like it too . Recovery to me doesn't have to be all dome & gloom . Laughter is the Best medicine - I've been told ( which I believe)
With that being said . Please reconsider coming back & moving your tread to - Recovery Follies - There it is marked PG in which anyone who enters will know it may have adult content . Could be a Happy medium , for us on this tread to not lose are close friendships .
Coming to SR without being able to correspond with You & all my special friends here - will through back into the lonely life I had . Feeling I do no fit in again . I don't won't to wonder aimlessly as I did before I joined your Tread Frank ..........
Old 09-14-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Will write later xx
Old 09-14-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

I hope you can Jen , I'm feeling very sad today that Frank may not come back & this thread will be forever lost
Old 09-14-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'll be around nesty!
Just super busy, but I'll stop in xx
Old 09-14-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

It's Ok Jen I'm dealing with it . At least I'm still sober that's the main thing Listening to tunes , trying to lift my sprites . Dark dreary , rainy day here . That doesn't help much . My dish satellite keeps losing it's signal , so I can't watch TV Ugg .
We haven't talked much lately , you sound pretty busy !! That's a good thing
Old 09-14-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Nesty, I'm sorry you are feeling down. Unfortunately this is part of why I came to SR.
I let the actions of my friend dictate how I felt, it was like a roller coaster. Made me a little crazy.
I am so glad for your sobriety.
Please continue, it does give me hope that people can stay sober and beat this disease.
Love and hugs, 321hope
Old 09-14-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

123hope I found SR looking for Inspirational quotes , because I was happy to have made it 2 years sober . After I joined I "thought" I could be of help in some way . Today I'm wondering if I messed that up .
Old 09-14-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
123hope I found SR looking for Inspirational quotes , because I was happy to have made it 2 years sober . After I joined I "though" I could be of help in some way . Today I'm wondering if I messed that up .
Nesty, be proud of your 2 years, it's awesome. Any words of wisdom were/are helpful to me in my class August 2015, and veterans pop into the different classes time to time, it helps. Not sure if Frank is returning, if not how about reaching out to new posters in Newcomers to Recovery? That first post is difficult and hearing others stories, how they remain sober and what they did to achieve it is everything to a new poster feeling desperate.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

No no no, please don't feel that way. I've read many of your posts, YOU are a valuable asset to SR. Be confident in your accomplishment, your upbeat and encouraging posts are read by many. Please don't let that terrible feeling of doubt creep in.
I understand why Frank is frustrated, I don't blame him.
Hopefully he will know that he has people who really care and come back to his "followers"
his gang of friends that are rooting for him!!
Old 09-14-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I agree 100% with Sadie 1