Class of July 2013 Part 22

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-21-a-20.html

D
Old 09-13-2015, 10:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ
I see you are still going strong Casey , further than you've been for a long time. You just keep adding those days , don't you :-)
I'm looking forward to being where you are again.
Not just further than I've been for a long time, this is the longest I've been continuously sober ever since I took my first drink on April 3, 1999. I was 24 years old when I took my first drink--I'd always avoided drinking before that because there are lots of alcoholics in my family and I didn't want to be like them. Well, I'd say that within six months (and probably sooner than that) of taking that first drink, I was already drinking alcoholically. I know I first tried to stop drinking in 2002. Lot of ups and downs in the sixteen years since that first drink.

But most important thing is I'm sober today and so are you and so is everybody else in this class. It really is amazing how much better life is when I'm living in the present instead of regretting the past or fearing the future.

Wishing everyone the best today! It's a little after midnight here in West Texas. I'm going to watch tonight's episode of my favorite current television show (Rick and Morty) and then go to bed. When I wake up in the morning, it'll be to face day 130 of continuous sobriety for me. Thanks to each and every one of you for keeping me sober today. I love you guys and gals.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee

Case that's fantastic 130 days I'm only 127 behind you. I'm off to check in with my doc now to have a chat & get some more ideas from him . Xxx

Have a good day all . I'm more committed than ever cos I know grtgranndpa would want that for me xx bless him xx
Old 09-14-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Guys, I'm just sitting here thinking how lucky we are in this class, to help each other, no matter what stage, or hurdles we've had.

Casey, I was like you, didn't drink at all/rarely. 1 on Xmas day, that would be it. 1998 was my year for introducing alcohol into my life and early 2002/3 ish...I should have acted on the signs. Hell, I knew they were there, but alcohol is fantastic for numbing our truth meter....even to ourselves.

You are right about regret and fear...I'm still "reprogramming" myself not to feel fear, as my go-to mode for everything. Clearly my alcoholism was allowed to thrive on that fear. I see it for what it is now.

Now, I just need to trust my decisions as the right ones. Completely trust them!

Snooz....keep trucking!

Ladybug, hope you are doing ok.xx

Leshar, one day, one day....I swear I'm gonna get all the way up there and visit. Or we can meet mid-way at some Spanish speaking country! I need practice! Until then, you aren't alone. None of us are, and that's a great thing.

I wondered the other day how far my commitment to sobriety would have gotten without SR. then I just gave up, because you guys are part of this with me. I can't imagine if I'd been fighting this on my own. Truly on my own.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

.... so i know where to find you. .. will post later
Old 09-14-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Off to bed. Just watched a show on TV about binge drinking vs. regular moderate drinking using the recommended daily amounts as a guide. Either way, it's no good! Was a great show. Apparently, the statistics that more heart attacks happen on a Monday (which I used to think they blamed on the stress of returning to work), is actually attributed to the stress on the heart caused by binge drinking on the weekend!

Anyway, bottom line was drinking is no good for anyone! That glass a day thing actually only reaches its maximum benefit to men between the ages on 50 and 60. No one else!
Old 09-14-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Julyers
Old 09-14-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope all goes well for you today SW - and for everyone else too on that side of the planet

off to bed

D
Old 09-14-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Soberwolf congrats on 26 months!! You are a true inspiration to me!!
Old 09-14-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks D & Letitgo

I've got a bit of a migraine coming on so will be quick

I went to the induction with the job team it was good talking about courses & jobs it was more a introduction in to what they can offer and the service they provide

I'm going to have a bath as Im just in from walking

Thanks again Letitgo & D spk later
Old 09-14-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Julyers, morning here. Just want to say hello that I love you guys!
Old 09-14-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wolfie -- so proud of you for continuing to follow through on your job/volunteer plans. Hope the migraine goes away quickly.

Good morning to Leshar, Croissant, letitgo, Dee, Snoozy, and everyone else! It's going to be a beautiful day.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Leshar you are awesome I send you a billion hugs

Casey you are doing fantastic and I'm so happy for you keep up your awesome work
Old 09-14-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Lovely day here today, tee shirt weather again.
I see my psychiatrist tomorrow. A lovely friend that I met through acting classes in the big smoke has asked me to visit and stay overnight, so this will be nice, and I don't have to drive home in the dark. I am so fortunate to have good friends who care about me. I have to remember that I'm not my mental illness, I just have to find ways to manage it better, and staying sober is for sure one of those ways.
Snoozy, how are you doing today?
Old 09-14-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Wolfie, thanks! Back at ya! Hope your migraine settles.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm wearing a kool & sooth patch its helping thanks Leshar

Hi & goodnight to Letitgo, Venus, Leigh, Snooz, Casey, NCG, Leshar, Bob, D, Pete, Croissant, Ladybug, LuLu, & any other julyers I may have missed

Hello & goodnight to all Julyers & co
Old 09-14-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Goodnight SW. I like your fresh avatar and new signature.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Hey Crois I watched that exact same thing last night . It's incredible how much even a small amount can damage.

It was interesting in the fact , the guy who was drinking more ( for the test ) was actually starting to crave alcohol after only a week of drinking.

It was a pretty interesting show .
Wolfie , I hope that migraine eases up lovely & you feel better soon.

Hiya Dee :-) xx

Leshar what a great opportunity to have a sleep over , that sounds like fun. I hope you have a great time .

Hiya Casey & Letitgo , hope you guys are having a good day / night

Ladybug where are you :-)

Give Leah a big bear hug for me Bob.

Howdy , Leigh , Pete , Humbug , Nikki ,hunt , NCG , Gilmer , Venus , Wehav , Jeni , lulu

Love you guys
Old 09-15-2015, 01:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Julyers
Old 09-15-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

G'day Wolfie are you feeling better lovely xxxx