Last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2015-a-20.html

D
Old 09-13-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bam! First post!
Old 09-13-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning - Day 7 here and the day is beautiful. There's a coolness and crispness for the first time this late summer. So nice - my dog didn't want to come in from his walk this morning!

I'm thrilled to be at Day 7 and to break out of my cycle of weekly bingeing. I know I will be successful again today - I have an outdoor concert to go to with my daughter tonight. Of course I will not be drinking as I'll be with her, want to set a good example and never drink and drive. I have attended several concerts with her and I had to learn to not to drink at them - have gotten very good at it! In my younger days (20's and 30's), I always had to have a beer (or several) or a glass of wine (or a few) and run to the port-a-potties like all the other drinkers. It's nice to be free of that.

My daughter and I went to a nice concert this past spring and had a great time. However, there was a couple next to us who was drinking excessively. At first they were just annoying and unruly, but after a while starting acting scary and starting hitting each other. Security came over and got rid of them. What a eye opening lesson for a 16 year old to see how ugly alcohol consumption can get at what is supposed to be a fun event. The next day, I kept wondering how the couple was feeling (probably not so good) while my daughter and I were on a big mental and emotional high from such a great concert.

Have a wonderful Sunday!!!
Old 09-13-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for the new thread D
Old 09-13-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me again. Hoped I'd never have to go through this again. Just trying to pick up the pieces and get back to feeling normal. Going to take my dog for a walk and enjoy the morning as well as I can. Thank you for all the posts to read through to help me keep going..to get back to those clearer days.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 15 for me. Woke up to heavy rain and thunderstorms this morning, good day to go to the gym. Since quitting my blood pressure has reduced from the 160's over 90's to the 120's over 80's and I have lost three pounds. The severe anxiety I suffered while drinking is just about gone. I cannot believe how different I feel in just 2 weeks time. To all those struggling, keep it up, you will feel better very soon!
Old 09-13-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Congrats to everyone and for practicing self care, whether that is keeping busy it just relaxing. Allergies have been bad for me too and all the fires we are having probably don't help. I sure hope that El Niņo brings the promised rain.

I mentioned this in another post, but wanted to share with my September friends a small victory. I usually refuse to toast with water because, according to my family, it is "bad luck." We were celebrating friends' new house as I was sipping my sparkling water, I thought to myself, this is ridiculous! If anything has brought me bad luck, it is alcohol. So, I clinked my glass with everyone else. New tradition!

Heading out for a long dog walk, followed by breAkfast and some puttering around the house. Have a great day!
Old 09-13-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey from The UK. Day 7 for me, had a fantastic weekend, best in a long time. Productive, full and zero drama or arguments.

Have ate like a pig and still lost a few lbs, sleeping well again. Happy.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Also day 7 glad to be here
Old 09-13-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fell off again. Hubby is going to be a huge obstacle because he is just being mean lately. It's really hard to practice self-care when he is berating me on every level...and he's an alcoholic too. He's just handling sobriety better than I am.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear InsaneHeart. You don't deserve to be treated meanly or berated on any level. Some would say (me) that if he's conducting himself like that then he is not handling himself or his sobriety well at all.

As far as drinking about it goes I hope you can find a better way to sooth yourself. No sense in further harming yourself right?
Old 09-13-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I agree with zen, insane. I find that sobriety makes me kinder. Irritable at times , but certainly more kind. I hope you can find a way to detach from that and move on in your own sobriety. We are here for you. Hugs -)
Old 09-13-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Start of day 5 over here. Bout to head off to work (restaurant). Hopefully no one offers me pills. I am can say no and have said no in the past, but there are points in the day were I am not so confident. Though today should be easy and pretty stress free I don't have too many worries. If I can make it through the weekend I can make it today, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I just hope to continually rack up the days and continue to work on my self.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by carebearlost View Post
Day 15 for me. Woke up to heavy rain and thunderstorms this morning, good day to go to the gym. Since quitting my blood pressure has reduced from the 160's over 90's to the 120's over 80's and I have lost three pounds. The severe anxiety I suffered while drinking is just about gone. I cannot believe how different I feel in just 2 weeks time. To all those struggling, keep it up, you will feel better very soon!
Awesome isn't it CBL? I was just as surprised. Especially with how fast anxiety went away. And when you say SEVERE ANXIETY, I know exactly what you're saying. I was so thankful for that. Absolutely horrible experience.

The good news...it just keeps getting better.

Keep up the great work!
Old 09-13-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi, Insaneheart. Really sorry to hear about your struggles. Is there a way you can vacate when your hubby gets going? I find that sometimes extracting myself from a situation can help, especially if I go for a run or expend some energy.

Also, I'm not sure if this is true for you, but I find that I drink when family is mean in part because I tend to internalize my pain. What I'm beginning to realize is that I don't always want to draw a boundary with them, so I drink to numb myself instead. I need to learn to express myself--particularly my anger--in a calm and clear matter. We have the right to have emotions too!

Sending you warrior strength insane heart. You can do it and you are worth it.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good to come here. I'm in rather a low mood - but I recognize that that can be a part of early recovery. I am not going to drink, but rather am reading a good mystery book! Thanks all for being here!
Old 09-13-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I was on day 26. And it was like a huge test all night. People asking if I wanted wine. Finally after turning people down at least 5 or 6 times I gave in and took a few sips of wine. I bet it was 2 oz. I'm so mad at myself. Now I have to start over and it makes me feel like just getting wasted and then starting over since I already messed it up. I'm back on day three. Wasn't even worth it since I didn't even get anything from it. But I guess that still counts as drinking. It bums me out. I really wanted to go a month.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You will do it,Tab! 3 days is great.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Also, this may not be the case for you, Tab, but I found that early on there were certain situations and certain folks I just had to stay away from until my sober muscles got stronger. It isn't forever, but sometimes can be useful to just not put yourself in the path of temptation.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Smile

Day 7 here, wow a whole week and it's whizzed by!

My drink aware ap now tells me I've done a whole week sober and drunk 132 units less than last week!!! Shock!!!

How nice is a glass of water with lemon squeezed in it?
Whoever knew? I didn't, lol!