-family that loves me
Old 08-30-2015, 02:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice to meet you good list Lauren
Old 08-30-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

'Gratitude is the Touchstone of Humility'

A friend shared that the other day, and it sounded awesome, but I had no idea what he actually meant by it

So I looked-up what a Touchstone is, and did some contemplating ...
A Touchstone is a type of stone, that when precious metals are struck across it, leaves a trace that identifies if the precious metal is authentic or not.

Having humility is not something I get by just deciding to 'be humble' ... for me it comes thru:

+ recognizing and letting go of my natural tendency to get what I want without considering the feelings of others

+ realizing that when I pray, I am often praying for God to do my will, or trying to tell God how He should 'fix' a problem (since I obviously know better and He just needs to get it done). Sometimes when we are praying, I think God just says, are you done yet? Being in silence when praying has allowed God to impart some humility in me.

+ recognizing and letting go of my natural tendency to always have an opinion about anything or everything, and always believing I NEED to be RIGHT about such opinions.

An 'Attitude of Gratitude' is present in me when I have worked thru the above 'Living Life on Life's Terms' issues ... and there is NO TRACE of Gratitude when I am consumed with trying to wrest satisfaction and self-determination living in Self-Will-Run-Riot.

Great Post
RDBplus3 ... Now Happy, Joyous and FREE ... with a trace of Gratitude